• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RP wars? What shard...

T

Turdnugget

I see that Europa has a fun Vesper war that goes on, I'd like to do something similar... large scale battle's planned out... but I ping too high on Europa for it to be worthwhile and enjoyable...

Any other servers out there that have something similar?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about the other servers; but Siege Perilous used to have a pretty active shard war between the Wakayama Clan (made up of the loyalists to Britannia), and the other player-communities of the shard. Their guildmaster essentially proclaimed himself king, and demanded that all other player communities (Wispwoodshire, Iantown, etc.) swear fealty to him and pay a tax. It was actually pretty neat, because even some of the PvP Guilds (TnT, VmP) got involved.

On Baja, it looks like some of the remaining roleplay villages (Dawn, Avalon) and Lord Casca are going to be coming to blows in the near future. Casca demands fealty of all independant and sovereign states; and the Grand Duchess of Dawn has no intention of bending knee to this "upsurper." Our communities is extremely small and divided; but we might see something happen in the future. It would probably be less PvP, and more PvM though; unless the Sosarian Inquisition grows large enough. I would love to encourage roleplayers to come to Baja; but I can't promise this great roleplaying scene until we've had the chance to grow a little more.

I would also check Atlantic and Catskills. They have a vibrant community.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to start up RP Wars on Pacific and failed....... Over and over again..

That server has no community left in it, I wish to move to another shard in the future, Europa is too laggy for me as well, so I thought about Catskills.. These two servers along with Atlantic probably have the best RP communities, Siege is good too unless you want a normal server.. I would go with either Atlantic, Europa or Catskills for the RP wars..

C

Capricious

I agree with Vel, although hopefully more shards will speak up.

As far as RP PVP there is always a reason to rp behind it. We let the RP decide what happens. My suggestion would be to pick a shard, then guild and then just rp your heart out and let the rp/pvp occur naturally.