• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] High Council Interview - Valek Typhoon: Captain of the Chimera

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Council Interview - Valek Typhoon: Captain of the Chimera
WarderDragon

"The true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The solution is always an equal mix of might and right."

Your name. For those who have been living under a rock.

Valek Typhoon, Captain of the Magincian Trading Co.

Mm. That answers the second question. Tell me about your ...Magincian Trading Co. What do you exchange in?

Ah.

She trades with our neighbor - the Isle of Britannia - in our Goods. Wool. Fish. And of course, Magincian Liquor.

Magincian Liquor?

Aye we have two active stills working day and night, procuring many barrels, from rum, to mead, wines, exotics like Sake. You name it, we will make it.

My preference, of course be Rum.

Indeed. And how successful has this enterprise been under your leadership?

Thus far, I believe quite successful. I have a good loyal crew.

Tell me. Your opinion on Magincia's move towards Independence these past months?

Well now there is the million gold question...

The Islands inhabitants deserve the right to rule their Isle as they see fit. They have worked hard for their island without the aid of Britannia. It is only natural they wish to keep it that way.

And should we get our official decree from [the High Council] as an Independent State, I will step down to an advisory place with the others. If, however, we are forced to do this the hard way... I have removed one guard from the Isle for entering homes without permission.

I will do so again.

These past years, Britannia has let many of its enemies slip through its fingers. Minax. Exodus. As an elected official, how will you deal with these threats to Britannian sovereignty?

Aye.

A true threat to one land is a threat to all, and not just Britannia. Work with our Allies. Fortify the Guard. Teach them the Warfare of the Sea. I forsee the next war on the waterfront.

Have the Guard train a militia in the cities they do not frequent...

So you would support an expansion of Britannian military power?

On Britannian Soil, so long as we respected the laws of our independent neighbors, and the Guards learned that respect.

Speaking of the High Seas, as an elected official, how would you deal with the recent Pirate incursions into Britannian trade routes?

Pirates. A Scourge of the Sea. If they were true Pirates, they wouldn't be taken so easily.

However, I revert to my training the Guard in naval warfare.

As an elected official, what would you do to bolster Britannia's relationship with its allies: Dawn, Ter Mur and Zento.

The Guard needs to learn the laws of its neighbors, and how they do not have immunity to it. They must listen, respect and learn when not to intrude upon those we call allies.

We should hold our allies dear ...for when the time comes, they might just be the ones to save our arse from the fire.

How do you feel about Umbra's recent declaration of War against Magincia and House Tarrant?

Bring War to Magincia ...we may fall, but we will rebuild.

Each time we will become streonger as a people, more confident in our ways.

How do you feel about the Provisional Governments attempts to turn Magincia into the Spiritual Center of Humility? Their attempts to reduce Magincia to ramshackle huts full of farmers singing the praises of Virtue?

Magincia is independent and its people diverse. We have our own Council, which all inhabitants of the Isle have a voice on.

We are not going to be stepped upon and run down. We will not keep any from their beliefs, but we do not force any onto them either.

Are you a practitioner of the Virtues of Lord British?

I respect the Virtues and at one time was a Knight of Honor and Justice.

...something this provisional government has yet to show.

Tell me about your Knighthood.

I followed the Tiers of Virtue and kept them to heart. I never forced my beliefs on another. And when I saw these so called Knights and Royal Guards perform such actions here in Magincia, I ceased such revelry.

If that is what it takes to be a Knight or a Guard ...I'll stay to the Sea.

Last question for the benefit of the ladies. Your preference: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?

Though I love brunettes, why should anyone have a preference when they are all beautiful in their own way.

Good answer.