• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Royal Britannia Zoo... OMG!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Walks around zoo, looks at the wolves in their pen. Observes the Bog Thing circling its enclosure. Tosses the crane a few bread crumbs.****

Taming used to be, quite often a very boring and even lonely task until you hit the higher levels. Now, instead of turning loose or killing those wolves or polar bears you can get a little "kick-back", kind of like sky-miles on a credit card. I mean, if your making a tamer then your gonna be taming the critters anyways right? Why not get a little somtin' - somtin' back? And if your like me, and enjoy role-playing your character then you get to go for the goal of the "full zoo" tier 11! Thats a shard wide goal, almost impossible to do that one alone. And in case you haven't looked at the zoo rewards I must tell you, the Zoo statue rewards are very nice to add to any collection of a home. Especially if you have a home with vet statuettes.
Then there is the zoo armor, so many choices. If you have never seen the zoo armor, then you owe it to yourself to take a look at it. It is very nice.
Just a heads up, a drake brings you the same reward points as a White Wyrm or dragon. AND with a drake you can have 2 under your control (that would be 800 points per trip).
If nothing else, I can't tell you the amount of times I hear players tell me they are board with UO, that there isn't any challenge for them anymore. Well, our beloved zoo is in desperate need of your help. No, I don't have the power/ability to send you a message into your journal. So, I'm here telling/asking you now. The Britannia Royal Zoo is asking your help. We need to reach teir 11 again, that would give us back our trophy agian. The silver steed, which is the 11th tier reward for the zoo. Be a part of the team, come, tame, donate, assist. We can't do it without you.

Now...that being said. I am going to try to step back into the "shoes" of the zoo-event runner again. No, I don't think I can compete with the "great ones" like Jerimah, SunnySideUp or Sarmae JR. But I will do my best dangit'.
I have had a thought and I think that actually NEXT Saturday (March 1st) will allow it to be possible. There are 2 Ilshnar locations where there is a champion spawn. If you have never done a Champion Spawn:

And if you would like to witness one or be a part of one without the threat/danger of a PvP'er killing you, then I Hagrid on behalf of the Britannia Royal Zoo invite you to come and do a champion spawn with me, and other tamers of the zoo with their most powerful of pets. The reason for the date, is to allow time for "your" beloved Greater Dragon (or more commonly known super dragon ) to bond. At the conclusion of a champion spawn, gold "explodes" all over the area of the spawn...LOTS of gold, I literally mean hundreds of thousands of gold on the ground. That is NOT even including the gold you may pick up during the process of killing to get the champion to appear.
Now, I do realize that the bags of sending have been nerfed. So, with it being Ilshnar, no, you can't gate. But the 2 areas in Ilshnar (Humility and Valor) you can grab gold, recall out, deposit gold into your bank vault (or directly donate to the zoo) and run back into action in a matter of a few seconds.
Think about it, wouldn't you love to see how your new Greater Dragon would do against a champion spawn? And if your not a tamer at all, then maybe your a bit like me and enjoy the title that you can earn when finishing a champion spawn?
<u>WAIT</u> theres more! Since it is in Ilshnar there is always a chance of an artie drop or a paragon chest drop!
March 1st 2008 Champion spawn...no, Champion Spawns! I'm planning 3 events in ONE day...possibly more if we have a good turnout. Here is the Zoo's plan:

3-1-08, 9:00am (Eastern Standard Time) ----&gt; "Scouts" will visit Ilshnar Humility and Valor champion spots and determine the easier of the 2 champion spawns in progress. 9:10am est, Tamers meet at the main entrance to the zoo and the battle begins to topple the champion, gold (requested) to be donated to the Britannia Royal Zoo.

3-1-08, 1:00pm (Eastern Standard Time) ----&gt; "Scouts" will visit Ilshnar Humility and Valor champion spots and determine the easier of the 2 champion spawns in progress. 1:10pm est, Tamers meet at the main entrance to the zoo and the battle begins to topple the champion, gold (requested) to be donated to the Britannia Royal Zoo.

3-1-08, 7:30pm (Eastern Standard Time) ----&gt; There is a champion spawn in the Tokono lands, known as the "Sleeping Dragon" this one is supposed to be kinda hard. Nasty even. But...but my friends, you CAN, CAN, CAN gate in and out of this one. I call on vet tamers, new tamers, mages, dexxers and tanks alike to attend this one. Its to be considered the "main event" for the day. I will be atteding all three, rest assured, and I hope you will be there as well. The events are geared in mind to encourage that the gold earned be donated to the Britannia Royal Zoo. Please keep in mind that the zoo offers a nice little reward if enough points are earned. Not to mention the beloved title you can earn from completing a champion spawn.

I look forward to seeing you there, any questions can be sent to me in Stratics PM here, or you can ICQ me at: 293-838-689

Lets see what these "Greater Dragons" are really made of, eh?

So, what should you expect to have to kill during the "Sleeping Dragon" champion spawn? Here is a list:

FIRST WAVE: Deathwatch Beetle Hatchlings &amp; Lizardmen.
SECOND WAVE: Deathwatch Beetles and Kappas.
THIRD WAVE: Lesser Hiryus and Revenant Lions.
FOURTH WAVE: Hiryus and Onis.

****Walks out of front entrance of zoo, rubs down the "welcome" sign of zoo with oil, and heads off to tame drakes to donate.****

G

Sounds like a full day of fun, I will try and make it if I don't have class.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Ralf! Hope to see you there!

Some may have runes to the "Fan dancer dojo". If you go to the left of the dojo you'll see a road, follow that road South-ish and you can find the spawn location as well.

S

shotgun23s

im pretty sure there are more than 2 spots for ilsh spawns and they dont drop any scrolls at the end, but the worst part of ilsh spawns is the paragons. if you get a spawn with alot of spell casting monsters and they pop as a paragon you will drop in a hurry lol. my advice is for people to group up in 2's and 3's and make sure to xheal each other. mage/necros with slayer spellbooks are a good template to use and dexxer's bring slayer weapons with plenty of potions,band-aids, orange petals, and enchanted apples for removing curses. also for dexxers with their band-aids put them into different stacks in your pack in case you die and the spawn loots you that way you wont lose all your bandys. another thing you can do is to have a stealther hidden nearby with extra potions bandys etc. in case someone does get looted or runs out. you will want a few peacers running around too doing area peace to help control the spawn from attacking you. have fun and enjoy the gold drop at the end

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

im pretty sure there are more than 2 spots for ilsh spawns...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true Shotgun23s, but the 2 that I am speaking of are quite close to the moongate. Only a few screens away from the moongate, so its much easier to find.

Peacers are gonna' really, really be welcomed with open arms at the event, please tighten your lute strings, tune in your harps and possibly blow the dust out of your bamboo flutes we sure can use you bards.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I just thought of...If any mele fighting character out there intends to come to the champion spawns and has never done one...Its a good idea to bring "area damage" weapons. And of course slayer weapons do great as well.

Just wanted to toss that in there.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some odd reason I've gotten this question in-game more than once...so, just to clarify, yes all guilds are welcome and invited. ALL guilds. That means: GRI, GSP, DB4$, MOP, SOY, DRI yep.....everyone and anyone. Please, come, and enjoy. Should be a blast.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope everyone is ready for tomorrow.

Just in case you have never been to a Champion spawn before...when you get close to the actual spawn site, the area gets a bit darker (I think even for elves, I'm a human though). I will be leading a group to the sites from a provided moongate. You cannot gate into Ilshnar, so once our scouts have decided on the easier of the 2 we will head in. I'll do my best to place candles and lanterns near the spawn area to help guide you in.

<font color="blue"> "I'd love to help, but I'm not a tamer, and I don't fight that well"... </font> Well, if you can rez people (bandies, or magic) then you can always hang out near the spawn area and rez the dead.

<font color="blue"> "I can't even rez yet and I still would love to help"... </font> well, if you have a small bit of coin you can go to a tailor, buy bolts of cloth cut them into bandages and simply hand them out near the spawn site, nothing sucks worse than getting killed and having no bandies for your pet. All that fighting also often leads to needing to get weapon and armor repairs, so if you have them repair deeds are a great item to hand out as well.

<font color="blue"> "Tell me how to reach the spawn sites"...</font> Go to Ilshnar/Valor, head South from the moongate until you see a white bridge, cross the bridge, then head West. The spawn platform is surrounded by a small circle of mountain. Or go to Ilshnar/Humility directly to the right of the moongate is a ridge, stay just "above" the ridge and follow it to the right, keep following it until you see the area blacken, once that happens go directly up. And keep an eye out for candles and lanterns leading the way.

<font color="blue"> "I'm a tamer and know what I'm doing already, any tips for me"...</font> I plan on tossing random stacks of bandies on the ground for other players who need them, if you wish you could do the same.

ICQ me (Hagrid) 293-838-689 if you have any further questions. I hope to see ya'll tomorrow morning.

T

Taming Tucker

You all can definently plan to see me in attendance this moring (and later of course =/ )

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I showed up late this morning (slept in), but while I was there I had a great time. After that a few of the party helped me tame a green lesser hiryu, and that was a grand adventure too. Just sorry that Dr Who had a problem staying alive.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you had a good time so far Vallend. I hope you can make it to the finale tonight at 7:30pm EST. Once again, we are meeting at the main entrance to the Britannia Royal Zoo.

I

imported_ankanna

This was a great run. I would like to see more of these events in the future.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first event was held this morning at Ilshnar/Humility where many tamers did battle on the "Unholy Terror" champion spawn. After many Lich Lords and mummys we were successful.

The second event was held this afternoon at Ilshnar/Humility again, where many tanks and tamers did battle with the "Vermin Horde" champion spawn. This was a quick one, and we were successful again.

The final Champion spawn event went rough, but we did win! Everyone who came made it possible to defeat the "Sleeping Dragon" champion spawn. I managed to grab a screenshot of its dead body.

Hopefully there will be more people to help with the champion spawns in the future. To my knowledge, with the new Greater Dragons (super-dragons) the "Cold Blood" champion spawn has never been completed. If/when someone does it, please provide a screenshot?

Afterward many people attended the pet fights hosted by Jerimiah and Sarmae JR. The battles were intense.