• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rotworm "Blood Disease"...?

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had a character take a bite from a rotworm, which apparently inflicted "blood disease", but there's no buff menu icon, and no sign of any effects. Can anyone clarify whether this is a short-term thing that has probably already run its course, or is it something needing more thorough attention - I'd hate to get caught out by this later on, during a treasure map dig or something like that...

K

Kiminality

I got that once. It ran out pretty quick, although it might be variable.

I have no idea what it does, and as you point out, there is no de/buff icon for it.
Not that that really comes as a surprise, when there's a bunch of stuff that's never had them.
Probably the only thing to do is compare before/after in the character sheet of the EC, since that shows more stats.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a couple of new types of poisoning that don't have debuff icons - eg: rotworm blood disease, kepech festering wounds.

I believe they have a message that comes up when they run out (unless my imagination just inserted one).

Y

Yalp

I've been infected so many times I should be selling my blood on a vendor for immunity...

... far as I know it ticks off a couple hit points over about a minute duration. could interfere with spells if it hits at the right time. For dexers it seems to put you in a "peace" state, where you don't automatically hit them, but have to continue to double click the lifebar to get each hit in.

G

Gelf

interesting note, when u get the rot worm disease, the blood worm things dont suck ur blood as they find ur diseased blood repulsive lol

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another character took a shot of this, and I actually saw it expire, in about a minute. Is this perhaps a lesser version of the super-wound from Kepeches?

Doesn't seem to be a big worry, in the end.