• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RIP the best place in game to farm Nightmares *sniffles*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure the new Covetous is going to be great fun, but it would appear I am going to have to find another favourite spot to farm nightmares...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've always preferred Malas in the vicinity of the doom entrance. All my best catches happened there.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
y u do farm nightmares pal?
Because they are the most underrated pet in the game imo, and a perfect pair with a rune beetle, bane dragon, or dread warhorse. :)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love nightmares! I still farm them trying to beat my 4.3 :)

The only bummer about farming in Malas is that the spawn location range is so large. Lots of running around. Gets old. :-/

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not to make you jealous, but I've found two 4.8 nightmares and a 4.8 cu sidhe recently. :)

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 4.9 nightmare came from the Malas spawn area. I've never spent a lot of time working the Covetous spawn.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've had a tamer for over 10 years and honestly I have no idea wth you guys mean when you say 4.6 or 4.9 :)

On the topic, I used to like the spot in Illenshar. I forget the exact coordinates, but it's past the lizardman camp, into a maze like area that has a couple poison eles in seperate locations each with a pond of green crud and there's also a dragon/drake area above where the nightmares spawn.

I haven't gone there recently and assume they still spawn there. I liked it to because the spawn was fast and there's nothing else around it.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a tamer for over 10 years and honestly I have no idea wth you guys mean when you say 4.6.

I just discovered with the ec pinco's ui when lore your pet there is a blank spot at the top with a "flag" where you can scroll through pet types and when you choose your pet(nightmare) it wil show on the bottom you pet number.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note that the pet number that shows up in Pinco's lore gump is similar to the UOCraft Pet Power Calculator number, but not exactly the same. Sometimes it's a little lower than what the PPC calculates. I believe it is due to differences in his database of min and max values of pets versus mine. (I use the data reported on the Stratics hunters guide). FYI! :)