• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Ring: 50 EP | 14 DCI | 14 HCI | 19 DI | (Imbued) Ring possibly for sale.

• Thread starter Ooguk [Cove]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
O

Ooguk [Cove]

Ring: 50 EP | 14 DCI | 14 HCI | 19 DI | (Imbued) Ring possibly for sale.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-rolls eyes- perhaps you are all new to imbuing, but making rings like that are not difficult anymore. find an imbuer, give them the ingredients, and voila. sure, if it wasn't imbued it would fetch a fair sum, but it is and as such one day it will break and disappear.. and that, paired with the fact that the ingredients to make it probably cost no more than 2million gold, is what makes it worth so little.

it's fun to have this imbued jewelry, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking we hit the jackpot whenever we make something that anyone else could--and probably is--making right now as well.

A

Aristillus

You've only included 4 mods in to that ring. Therefore 1 mill.
Read up on imbuing
25 EP = 100 weight this ring has 50
14 HCI = 120 weight
14 DCI = 102
19 DI = 76

Minimum of 8 relic frags and other rare ingredients at best plus a 50 EP ecru.
Show me where I can buy these for a mill and Ill buy 20!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've only included 4 mods in to that ring. Therefore 1 mill.
I'm almost sure that ring could only have 4 mods. That or you might be able to add 1 luck or something else as nearly useless.

That said its still hard to make the correct Ecru ring that is imbueable to get the above results. You need to make a ecru with hci or dci or dmg(or a combo of them) with out some useless other mod in order to have the blank ring to mod up.

It's not gonna break any time soon and my dexxers love the extra EP these rings are giving...couple mil for the right buyer but certainly not 10.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got tons of ecrus that just have 50 EP on them. or EP and DI and so on.

It's honestly not great.

A

Aristillus

I've got tons of ecrus that just have 50 EP on them. or EP and DI and so on.

It's honestly not great.
Yeah, But do you have any with 50 EP/14DCI/14HCI/19DI that you are willing to part with for a mill?

Didn't think so :next:

C

Chadlo

Yeah, But do you have any with 50 EP/14DCI/14HCI/19DI that you are willing to part with for a mill?

Didn't think so :next:
I have the same ring I made it in 5 minutes and have been using it on my dexxer for about a week. I know you feel like you have the best ring in UO but honestly it's not a big deal anymore.

Is it worth more than a mill? Yep it's worth 13 - 15 depending on the shard. Contrary to the guy that says he has "loads of EP rings with 1 useful mod" not a lot of people do and it's hard to make them (i burned through 300 ecru before making a few I could use). So it is what it is.

If you are having trouble selling it, it is not because it's not worth it, it's because most people don't know what to think of imbued items and they are letting the prices stable out before they spend a lot of gold.

Relic frags seem to be going for 500k - 2m each depending on the shard.

A

Aristillus

I have the same ring I made it in 5 minutes and have been using it on my dexxer for about a week. I know you feel like you have the best ring in UO but honestly it's not a big deal anymore.

Is it worth more than a mill? Yep it's worth 13 - 15 depending on the shard. Contrary to the guy that says he has "loads of EP rings with 1 useful mod" not a lot of people do and it's hard to make them (i burned through 300 ecru before making a few I could use). So it is what it is.

If you are having trouble selling it, it is not because it's not worth it, it's because most people don't know what to think of imbued items and they are letting the prices stable out before they spend a lot of gold.

Relic frags seem to be going for 500k - 2m each depending on the shard.
:wall:
Not my ring.
Never said it was the best.
Just said it's worth more than 1m

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it when people don't even wait for a response and shout out "didn't think so".

It's hilarious.

I'll gladly sell my 50 ep, 15 hci, 13 dci, 19 di, 3 lmc ring for 1mill on europa.

A

Aristillus

I love it when people don't even wait for a response and shout out "didn't think so".

It's hilarious.

I'll gladly sell my 50 ep, 15 hci, 13 dci, 19 di, 3 lmc ring for 1mill on europa.

If you really think that ring is only worth 1mill than let's make it interesting.

I will buy your ring for 1mill. and we both put up 25mill with a broker and if I cant sell the ring for more than 1mill you keep my 25......But if I sell the ring for more than 1mill I keep your 25mill.

Deal?

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh, cuz it's so hard to just get a friend to 'buy' it.

Stop getting wet over ****ty items and learn to accept that these are common and will become even more common as time goes by.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about this logically.
That ring takes some ordinary materials to make (gems)
It takes some relic fragments to make (4 each for HCI/DCI). If one bought those, then the purchase price is 1.6 million if you get them at dirt cheap.
It takes some essence of singularity (DCI, needs 3) at a very low end price of 150k for three, and more commonly at 300k for 3.
It takes some essence of precision (HCI, needs 3) which is priced the same as the essence of singularity.
It takes some enchanted essences (DI, needs 3) which is commonly priced at 10k each.
And it takes an ecru ring with ONLY 50% EP, which use to run around 50k, but now can fetch much more. (Likely a ring with 50 EP and 19 DI was used, but that doesn't affect the overall price more than a few tens of thousands)

Granted, many people don't go out and pay for those supplies, but rather have hunted them themselves, but as they can still ask the same for the supplies, one can still ask for the same amount for the finished product as if they had bought every piece.

So what we're looking at is a minimum of 2 million gold for a similar ring if one wants to "break even." Since the properties are very desirable, I expect that it could sell for 5 million or more, even though the ring is "common and will become even more common as time goes by."

At least that's as high up as I would go for that ring if I needed it and played on his shard. I'm sure someone with a lot of gold to spend and not a lot of patience to work up imbuing would pay much more.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think this item would sit in the 5 mil range in regards to materials.
Add in time and effort gathering materials...this bumps the ring to around 7-9 mil IMO.

Personally, I charge 2 mil to imbue for those who have the items...
Those who don't have the items are charged 2 mil, ingredients costs +20%, and expected to leave a tip...those who do not tip are blacklisted.