• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Right click to loot - redirectable?

T

Thangorodrim

Is there a way to force the right click to loot functionality to use a container other than the backpack?

Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
nope but i sure wish there was but atm there is not maybe a moder could come up with something like uo assist has!

P

pgcd

It's exactly what I am trying to do (check my "API docs" thread). As soon as I can manage to make it work, I'll post the solution.

A

Ash

Is there a way to force the right click to loot functionality to use a container other than the backpack?

Thanks.
Should be, this was done in KR as one of the first functionality tweaks but wasn't widespread. Involves putting a container in a hotbar and editing the lua for the corpse loot to send to the container in that hotbar slot.

Would need to be updated slightly for new client.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should be, this was done in KR as one of the first functionality tweaks but wasn't widespread. Involves putting a container in a hotbar and editing the lua for the corpse loot to send to the container in that hotbar slot.

Would need to be updated slightly for new client.
Well then does that imply the ability to send it to the Legacy Back Pack which I would think is a more or less static object, more or less identifiable in what I call the System Hot Bar?

A

Ash

Well then does that imply the ability to send it to the Legacy Back Pack which I would think is a more or less static object, more or less identifiable in what I call the System Hot Bar?
Don't rightly know at the moment, I personally haven't looked into it as of yet. I did find the old post about doing it in KR and it was pgcd who found the original code and if he looking into it he has a head start on me.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=393708&postcount=10

P

pgcd

I'm still looking into it, but I'm starting to doubt it's even feasible - as far as I can tell, the whole BroadcastEvent() code was rendered useless for non-trivial tasks, and I see no straight way of convincing the client that something has in fact been picked up and should be dropped.

After spending a couple of very frustrating days on this, I think I'll give up until there's an answer from BTeng or another dev about the scope of LUA in SA, because I'm really feeling like the exposed underlying functions are only useful for skinning and other cosmetic changes, while functional changes have been deliberately prevented.
I mean, there are all kinds of checks and stuff, and I still can't pick up and drop an item programmatically, or click on a menu item, or filter a target based on something a little more useful than it's color/notoriety? And why this? To prevent unattended macroing/exploiting while there is another client that has a full program to macro and exploit?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, Thanks for the information.

I can understand the frustration but if they are taking steps towards something that is better then *Shrug*. :pint:

A

Ash

I'm still looking into it, but I'm starting to doubt it's even feasible - as far as I can tell, the whole BroadcastEvent() code was rendered useless for non-trivial tasks, and I see no straight way of convincing the client that something has in fact been picked up and should be dropped.

After spending a couple of very frustrating days on this, I think I'll give up until there's an answer from BTeng or another dev about the scope of LUA in SA, because I'm really feeling like the exposed underlying functions are only useful for skinning and other cosmetic changes, while functional changes have been deliberately prevented.
I mean, there are all kinds of checks and stuff, and I still can't pick up and drop an item programmatically, or click on a menu item, or filter a target based on something a little more useful than it's color/notoriety? And why this? To prevent unattended macroing/exploiting while there is another client that has a full program to macro and exploit?
Yeah I was wondering along the same lines after looking at the code and seeing this functionality went from lua only code to calling a function and passing argument. If we can't change this then this is something that needs to be on Dev list to have loot bag, dress bag and arm bags to help keep inventory organized.