• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Right-Click Looting?

M

Mensk

I've read a few times about people right-click looting, can someone please explain how this works?
I've checked all the options we have in EC but can't see anything that says right-click loot ect.

All I do right now is double left click the corpse like I used to do in the 2d client.

I've probly missed something obvious as usual:)

Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you still open the corpse like normal but right click items in corpse and they go to your pack!

J

Jermosh

Make a macro like:

Target nearest object
Use butchers knife set to current<<< Optional only
Use current object

So after the kill, walk up to the corpse and hit this macro. You will skin it and open the corpse, you can then right click to auto-drop the selected loot into your pack.

If you mean auto-loot the corpse without opening it, not possible yet.

M

Mensk

you still open the corpse like normal but right click items in corpse and they go to your pack!
Ok, I open the corpse as normal, then right click the loot and nothing happens, is there some setting or macro I need to click/make to make this work ?

I've tried this with legacy targeting on and off and still nothing works, I think right click looting is a great idea:) I just can't get it to work for some reason.

M

Mensk

Ok, I open the corpse as normal, then right click the loot and nothing happens, is there some setting or macro I need to click/make to make this work ?

I've tried this with legacy targeting on and off and still nothing works, I think right click looting is a great idea:) I just can't get it to work for some reason.
Just messed about with legacy containers on and off.
I got it to work with legacy containers OFF :) alot easier now to loot, now to get used to the grid style of backpack and I'm just about sold on EC :)

Thanks all for the info.

F

Fink

List View is great for corpses because the names of items show and any special loot added to the corpse is at the top of the list. Also you don't need to move your cursor if you loot everything from the top.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
would it ever be able to have a mod that makes people set container types like object filters?
aka
Backpack: Legacy
Corpse: grid

F

Fink

That sounds good, it would save switching around for some people.

I think I would still find a 3-way switch good as I see the merit in all views. I'm not sure why they removed that. I guess they wanted greater demarcation between legacy and enhanced functions so as to not upset persons of delicate constitution that find new things disconcerting.

:pancakes:

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this problem too. No one who answered my query about it had a clue. The problem is that the right click looting does not work if you are using legacy container option.