• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Riding Swipe Bug?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is riding swipe working as intended?

The way I thought it works is when you get dismounted you need to heal your mount to full before remounting (and obviously waiting out the dismount timer).

The way it works is once you are dismounted, if you heal your pet to full, the attacker can still injure your pet during the dismount timer and you would need to heal it to full AGAIN before being able to remount. That does not make any sense and I can't imagine that this is correct.

Thanks.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure you have to wait out the full dismount timer regardless if you heal your pet up before the timer or not, I know you used be able to just heal it and remount while the person who riding swiped you was still on foot for the dismount cool-down timer.

It would be nice to get a response, I also don't remember reading anything about it being changed.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its always worked like that to my knowledge. Most folks have never had an issue w/ it cause most folks die from the
flurry of nerve strikes, bite/bleed of their attackers Cu Side, or the gank squad long before a second heal attempt.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure you have to wait out the full dismount timer regardless if you heal your pet up before the timer or not, I know you used be able to just heal it and remount while the person who riding swiped you was still on foot for the dismount cool-down timer.

It would be nice to get a response, I also don't remember reading anything about it being changed.
lol. That is most certainly how it works currently. My question is if this is intended. If it is and you riding swipe it is very easy to make sure they never get back on mount seeing as how you have 8 seconds to damage it THEN they have to heal it up. That really does not make any sense.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was at origin fel event last night I got dismounted, was fighting for awhile. after a couple mins. I tried to get flying again. I kept getting message saying u must heal yourself before I can fly again. I was full health try healing anyway. still cant fly. after 2 mins I log in and out, then could fly. made no sense I have no pet and I'm a garg. just alittle frustrating. what is up with this?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. Do you know if they reply on that email?
I've submitted some in the past and never had any reply.

Here is the info from uo.com:

Bug Reports
Bug reports regarding all shards, including a test center can be mailed to [email protected], or by filling out the Contact Form. Please include important information, such as the time, date, shard of the occurrence, the steps that caused the bug, and whether or not it was repeatable.

PS... If you fill in the "contact form" and submit this you don't even get any confirmation that anything has been sent.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

before, you could heal your pet then if someone damaged it after you had healed it to 100% you could still mount, it turns out now that the OP is correct, it has indeed recently been changed, you can no longer mount if the pet is damaged a secong time. Further to this, the aggressor need not only damage the pet within the dismount timer, they can damage the pet a second time after the dismount timer and the victim can still not mount. I'm not sure if this was intentional.

Last edited:

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lmao

Yeah
sure..

Because it's mandated in their contracts that they're supposed to comment on some third party fansite... Or else!
Yeah, actually...because the Devs declared that this would be their official message board (don't remember where/when they said that, but pretty sure it was their excuse for not making a message board on the new site).

So yeah.... just because they're not legally bound to engage here, it'd probably be in their/the game's best interest if they were more active and responsive to the player base.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure u understand, after 3 to 5 mins I still couldn't fly. had to log in and out. maybe glitch, bug or exploit.
My point was, any bug associated with healing a pet after a dismount, would probably transfer to a garg after being knocked out of flight.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was, any bug associated with healing a pet after a dismount, would probably transfer to a garg after being knocked out of flight.
But it does not apply to a person riding an Ethy.

There is something wrong with it. That is for sure.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it does not apply to a person riding an Ethy.

There is something wrong with it. That is for sure.
An ethy wouldn't really be interpreted by the server as a living being, unlike physical mounted pets ( heal before mount)and flappy winged gargs (heal before flapping) . :)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i read and experienced this bug, I really thought, that's it, it'll be like this forever and never get fixed, i can't believe they actually fixed this.