• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Riding Swipe and No-Dachi

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any feed back to Riding Swipe, a secondary special move on the No-Dachi sword? I'm curious to see what others think about this move and the No-Dachi in general for PvP and a swordsman.

I'm partial to the Heavy Ornate Axe and Mage's Runblade for 2 handers, but was looking for a dismount sword.

It sounds interesting that if you are mounted, Riding Swipe does damage and stuns the opponent. How long does it stun and how much damage?

Comments?

T

Turdnugget

It's the shizzle.

Crushing blow is also nice, then switch to bokuto for good nerve strikes.

Riding swipe is the bomb-diggity, paralyze is brief, if it goes off. If the no-dachi has hit spell on it, para can break rather quick, but typically lasts long enough for another shot.

Dismount w/no-dachi you gotta be careful. If the person's pet is blue, you'll flag on the pet and go criminal. It can be a pita if you're around other people who will gank you once you turn grey. If you're red, doesn't matter.

The no-dachi dismount knocks the person off their mount, if it's not an ethy, it damages the mount (hence flagging you if it's blue) the person then has to heal their pet before they can remount it.

If you don't have a no-dachi to use as a samurai dexer, you're missing out =)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any feed back to Riding Swipe, a secondary special move on the No-Dachi sword? I'm curious to see what others think about this move and the No-Dachi in general for PvP and a swordsman.

I'm partial to the Heavy Ornate Axe and Mage's Runblade for 2 handers, but was looking for a dismount sword.

It sounds interesting that if you are mounted, Riding Swipe does damage and stuns the opponent. How long does it stun and how much damage?

Comments?
lol, I won't use all of the actually funny terminology Turdnugget used, but yes it is definitely a good weapon. If you haven't been using one, you HAVE been missing out.

Some people discuss the sword of stampede and using that as a weapon, but...I don't think they've checked how fast they're swinging lol.

In all seriousness, a no-dachi with some descent ssi, damage increase, a leech or two is a formidable weapon for dismount. If you are a blue character and get attacked, well its fine. You can dismount them and then wack the pet too. With the pet being damaged, they will be on foot and at a severe disadvantage. Unless of course they don't have a creature pet and are using an ethy.

Is really one of my more favorite moves to do in the game.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool, thanks guys. I never hear discussions about this move.
So hit spell on this will break the stun? Ooph!
Off to burn a bronze runic.
Thanks again!

C

Chaosy

Even without SSI (i.e. sword of the stampede), the stun is fast enough to get another swing off. If you wanna rely on RNG, I would just stick with stampede, otherwise a faster no-dachi is worth it.

Edit: Also go for one with hit harm/lightning over magic arrow/fireball so the spell doesn't break the paralyze.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do the para/dismount with a bardiche. I'm pretty happy with the damage output and I think it might be a longer paralyze as well. Couldn't say with 100% certainty though.

N

nikki4

i like riding swipe very much and it's my favorite ability!
but one weapon isn't enough for pvp , so what is the best combo with this sword?
i've read many people like riding swipe+nerve strike but maybe can you advice other combos? what about katana, or long sword or maybe somethinn else?

R

RichDC

Thats all personal, I prefer the bokuto so it stops the opponent and you can do more damage (rather than them just off screen)its fast enough to almost insta hit after dismount, then again if your in a group maybe the heavy hit of an ar ignore(personally preffer broadswords over katanas) or if you really waned to be an ass you could disarm them after (ornate axe or ubws fork and bleed too!!!).

I also like to use a battle axe so i can bleed them as they start to run and follow with a conc blow.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like riding swipe very much and it's my favorite ability!
but one weapon isn't enough for pvp , so what is the best combo with this sword?
i've read many people like riding swipe+nerve strike but maybe can you advice other combos? what about katana, or long sword or maybe somethinn else?
I'd say a 1 handed disarm weapon would be ideal. A UBWS war fork or a nice butcher's knife. This way you have a weapon on equip last that you can chug with, and if you can pop a disarm off before your para shot riding swipe you are pretty much guaranteed a dismount.

Using a bokuto with this isn't really a good idea. Both Riding Swipe (para) and Nerve Strike set off the timer for the other person to not be paralyzable for (3 or 5?) seconds.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this "Sword of the Stampede" and before this next patch 65 not allowing to imbue arties I was wondering if you were to use this for pvp what you would imbue on it. I can imbue two properties, but max is 450. Maybe it isn't a weapon worth imbuing since I could really put 5 good balanced properties and generally I wouldn't have desired all those anyway? Just kind of looking at it in a hurry prior to the patch.

Default it is weighted at 426.
Hit Harm 100%
HCI 10%
DI 60%

weapon speed 3.5

-Lorax

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, I won't use all of the actually funny terminology Turdnugget used, but yes it is definitely a good weapon. If you haven't been using one, you HAVE been missing out.

Some people discuss the sword of stampede and using that as a weapon, but...I don't think they've checked how fast they're swinging lol.

In all seriousness, a no-dachi with some descent ssi, damage increase, a leech or two is a formidable weapon for dismount. If you are a blue character and get attacked, well its fine. You can dismount them and then wack the pet too. With the pet being damaged, they will be on foot and at a severe disadvantage. Unless of course they don't have a creature pet and are using an ethy.

Is really one of my more favorite moves to do in the game.
Back in the day sword of the stampede + counter attack + lightning stirke (without cap, without even honour) = Insta Fatality; no defense

Gimp but funny every now and then.

R

ReaperNI

I dont know had some guy fro enemy faction try this riding swipe against me landed dismounts but every time i also landed disarms. not sure what the pet heal is all about cause i just waited till dismount gump left and remounted. i would have to see some better results before i spend some time building a good wep. both times he tried that dismount and both times i burned him once on fencer arcer (long of the fights) and second time on bush dexxor ( fast one over in seconds) TYR

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
faction mounts can be instantly remounted with no healing after a riding swipe pretty annoying bug. Works really well on other pets though.