• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ridiculous Scam Attempt.. Just A Warning..

W

Wallenstein

This was on Great Lakes, but may be happening elsewhere as well.

I was approached by someone while stocking my Luna vendor about five minutes ago who said something along the lines of, "who wants a full set of scouts armor and a set of tokuno dyes??" I replied with, "how much?" The player responded, "if you get me a transfer token (I already have one) i will transfer to pacific and then bring a character there to great lakes and give you the items."

Instantly smelling a scam I played along, asking him to clarify. He stated, "i already have a transfer token. if you give me another ill take both of them and use one to go to my other server and use the second one to bring my other character back, then give you the scouts armor or tokuno dyes, both if you want."

Heh.

Seeing as he was dressed in newbie clothes (shirt, pants, no weapon/armor) and named something like "Lhsjid" I asked him to show me the transfer token he currently had, all the while knowing he'd not have it. I was told it was in his bank. I told him to run to the Luna bank and he did so, but then ran to the moongate and vanished quicker than a GM after suspending a player for having a link in their profile.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Most of you probably would smell a scam, but for those who wouldn't then be wary.

C

Corrupted Goblin

That was a pathetic excuse for a scam. NO ONE with a char transfer token already would be dumb enough to fall for that poor excuse for a scam. Thanks for the laugh =}

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed! I'm not one to say that someone deserves to be scammed but if you fall for that one well...

I mean seriously, it isn't even well thought out or elaborate. It is the equivalent of someone telling you to click the blue diamond.

P

Pyrrhus

If I had a token I would show it to him on the transfer window and wait for him to practically beg me to click the check hehehe.

Thanks for the heads up tho..talking about scams on vendors. I had the experience of a stranger suddenly appearing beside me from nowhere! I suspect he was there all along invisible and waiting for the appropriate moment.

This sort of caught me by surprise as I was dropping the item and in the process of placing the price.

Well this enterprising stranger got the the item on the fly for a song. Of course I tried to appeal to his good nature (if ever he had one) however he opted to poof out of sight.

Moral lesson? Well just better luck next time huh.

S

Smokey of LS

thats is pretty funny and yes a pathetic attempt at a scam, if your dumb enough to fall for it you prob need it done to you.

L

love2winalot

All you had to do was accept my offer..........But Noooooooooo, now I am forced to stay in hiding.....................thanks a lot...............:)

L

Locker

Posting this is very helpful as some folks (yours truly) are new and UO has a wealth of information by which it is easy to become confused. Good looking out.

Peace,

-L