Returning Vet, looking for answers

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baron Harkonnen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
Hi, I am a returning Veteran player from several years back.

One of the last major changes I remember before leaving, was the introduction of the Tokuno Islands. So, I am a little bit behind. I have more questions then could possibly be answered here.

The biggest question that I have, is .... Are there any active Guilds left on LA? A Guild that would take in an active player, that has lots of questions, enjoys group hunts, and all the crafting possibilities that UO offers.

I have not upgraded to SA yet, waiting to see if there is enough activity left in this game to stick with it. I would love to hear any suggestions.

Merry Christmas,
Baron Harkonnen

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Feb 26, 2004
Central Florida
I have just returned as well and LA seems to be a ghostland. I have looked at other shards and some are busy while others slow like LA. I have found very few vendors that are actually stocked, the ones that are stocked pretty much only carry rares, tokens, and dyes. It has been a very disappointing return so far on LA but I have visited Chessy and Atlantic and they seem to be fairly well populated. I have enjoyed having the dungeons to myself but miss having people around and if I need something from a vendor its a huge search.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Baron:

There are several large guilds such as you seek.

Examples would be MHC, UMP, KGB, KOL and their associated alliances.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Okay yes this is a quiet shard and I can understand your frustrations. Most players here are Vets and older who only tend to play evenings and weekends, during the day the shard seems completely empty.

The benefit is you can usually hunt anything you want without griefing, raids or other jackasses ruining your fun. The down side is its hard to get groups together for things.

Shopping can be difficult but usually belonging to a guild means you will have many people willing to make or trade items for you. Plus it’s a bad time of year with many people on vacation from the game and the weekly auction is closed till spring.

About half the UO shards are busy – Atlantic, Pacific, Europa, etc while the other half are just like LA, quiet communities of players who have been here for years, and pretty much everyone knows everyone.