• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Vet Looking for a New Shard

Shryke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

I am a 10+ year vet looking to return to UO. I have played exclusively on the Atlantic shard and all of my close friends have moved on to "greener pastures". I would like to get away from the larger population and move to a shard with a quieter, more friend oriented atmosphere.

Specifically, I am looking for a guild that doesn't mind that I have two kids and can only spare an hour here and there to play. I need a group of good people to help me reacclimate myself to the game and to hunt with. I am not looking for gold or equipment help, I'm just looking for some friends to hang around with and kill things together.

Is Legends the right fit for me? Is there an active guild that matches what I am hoping to find? I hope so. Let me know. Thanks.

-Shryke

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, we have guilds here that will match what are you looking for.
The guild I am on, for one. We at SOS also tend to only play one hour or so every once in a while.
I try to be on every day, even if for a bit, and we don't expect our guildies to go on big guild hunts, but we do some from time to time.

R**D, TMC and FSB are also good picks that would accommodate your play time quite well.
The mood at the shard is pretty friendly as well. :)

If you decide to try our cozy little shard, I will be around. Just call for Zath and one shall answer you. ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you're PvM player, Any of those mentioned above are good guilds. TMC is probably the most active of the ones named, I see then more than anyone else running around. FSB is the cream of the crop, but there's only 2 sometimes 3 of us on at a time ;) (yeah yeah I'm biased :p)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and we at FSB tend to post a lot :D

you will find Legends is a very generous shard.... Zath alone will outfit most any type of character for you!

spend some time here, I'm guessing you won't be looking any further

Shryke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for the replies. Legends does appear to be exactly what I'm looking for. I know most players don't like to hear "cozy" and "little" used to describe their shard but I think that is just what the doctor ordered. It'll take me a few days to get things ready to transfer over but keep an eye out...I'll be here soon.

-Shryke

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to our little corner of UO you'll like it here,
and watch out for that guy called Uriah he has shifty eye's

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you're PvM player, Any of those mentioned above are good guilds. TMC is probably the most active of the ones named, I see then more than anyone else running around. FSB is the cream of the crop, but there's only 2 sometimes 3 of us on at a time ;) (yeah yeah I'm biased :p)
... and FSB does belong to the best Alliance :)

Infamous Mitch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am considering a return, I dont know how much free time I will have but I would defiantly be willing to hang out and hunt with you. I am coming off of a 2 year-ish break...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha! I haven't been called "Omni" in years! LoL But yea, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ;)