• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning To UO

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Howdy folks,

Old time player here. Always had fond memories and would like to dip my toe back in the water.

I've been waiting for a while for another Return to Britannia promo to come back and see what has changed, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.

I have a couple of questions:

- How much would it cost for me to update to be able to access all of the current content? I think the like time I bought a UO expansion was Age of Shadows. I can see a few new expansions - are they necessarily? Are they worth the price?

- Any good places to buy cheap(er) game time? 10 quid sorta feels like a lot

- What happened to UO on Steam? I saw some stuff about it a few years ago, but nothing since. What's the score?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back Jolt. Stygian Abyss is pretty much a must have. High Seas has a couple of popular bosses, but if you are not into fishing, you probably can hold off on it until you know better.
Time of Legends is popular and is still being worked on so you probably want to get it not to feel left out.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just the basic account is upgraded to Mondain's Legacy and already had a ton of content so you can start there, work your characters up and upgrade over time.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would add Stygian Abyss pretty soon if it looks like you're liking the basic game, could live without High Seas and Time of Legends for a long time

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back!

The Origin Store is the only legitimate place to purchase game time. You get a bit of a discount buying six month codes instead of smaller ones.

UO was greenlit on Steam but as I understand it EA is holding up the process.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome Home Friend