• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO - need rebuild help

M

Magistry

I'm returning to UO after a very very long break (WoW) and am looking for some input on rebuilding my chars from 2001 (and very brief return in 2003). Most of these are cookie cutter builds from back around the time of AoS and I'm hoping I'll be able to keep some of their current skills.

Some skills are half trained because when I returned shortly in 2003 I started this same process then got tied up in RL a week later. I'd like to keep my mage/war PvP oriented and use my tamer for PvE. If you can can help me with some builds based around their existing skills (I'm sure some will have to go), that would be a great help on me getting back into the game. I've always preferred ranged attacks, but if the warrior stays a melee type I'm ok with that also.

Mage (I think I was poison/fencing then started to switch to wrestling/inscription)
Eval 110
Magery 110
Meditation 110
Resisting Spells 105
Fencing 75
Poison 58
Inscription 50
Wrestling 25

Warrior (No clue where I was going with this lol)
Swordsmanship 100
Tactics 100
Parrying 94
Anatomy 90.7
Healing 72
Fencing 71
Focus 70
Resisting Spells 62
Chivalry 43

Tamer
Animal Lore 101
Veterinary 98
Animal Taming 97
Focus 79
Magery 76
Meditation 76
Eval 61
Resisting Spells 54
Provocation 50

Pardon me if I still use some wow lingo, it will take me a bit to get rid of that :)

M

Magistry

Mage/War for some type of PvP caster/other. Tamer for PvM

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PvP mage I would go with the following so you can PvP with your friends on Great Lakes :

115 Mage
115 Eval
115 Resist
120 Parry
105 Anatomy
100 (Scribe/Ninja/Alchemy)
70 Med

(based on 720 skillcap)

Dex needs to be at 80 after pots/curse/items.

Very easy to put gear together now with faction artifacts, you can have a top of the line suit in no time.

For tamer PvM get a greater dragon and say all kill.

For Dexer PvM make a sampire (see warrior thread for details).

M

Magistry

Thought it was you ******* :)

Should I bother with bard/provo on tamer?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure, PvM isn't really my thing. Most I do is dreadhorns with my sampire never got into the bard stuff.

C

CuRsE

I'm also thinking about returning to UO but im more interested in joining a busy server rather then my old one (europa). Can anyone give me any advice on which server to join? a busy faction shard prefered or busy pvp shard.

thanks.