• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to Legends

Ratmyr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All!

I used to be an avid player and at the peak, I had seven accounts with as many houses. I used to play on Pacific and then moved to Legends not long after it started. But during my travels in Europe (work wise) and issues with lag, I ended up moving on from UO.

Fast forward at least 10 years and I have had the urge to come back to the game. I bring with me my 13 y/o son who has never played it. Both of us are taking a break from WOW and after explaining what I missed in UO, we decided to venture back. So we come back to Legends, as it was my last home of record. I know castle plots are almost impossible to find except paying for them - which I can't afford. So will probably drop an 18x18 until the lucky day I can enjoy a castle.

In any case, I wanted to drop a note and send my hello out to everyone. My main character is the Glorious Lord Phoenyx Ratmyr with my mule Lord Bryson Cedar. I know there is a lot I will have to learn with changing skills and stuff, so looking forward to it.

I look forward to meeting others in game and reloading my worthless vendor books. :(

Charles/Ratmyr.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello and well met, returning person!

I am known as Zath around Legends, which is my only home.
If you see any of the 20 Zath's running around, don't fret, that would be me.
And if you need any kind of equipment, explanation, help and introduction to the new hunting areas and the new loot, feel free to ask at general chat.

Nowadays I am on more usually during the weekend, so looking forward to meet you ingame this weekend.

Ratmyr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the advice and greetings. My son and I will most definitely be online tonight/this weekend especially to get him established and for us to look for a place to call home.

As a side not, I have a serious back issue that at times keeps me from playing. So I may disappear from time to time, but that is why.

I did notice my guild of BOW (Britannia Order of Woodcrafters) is still active or at least showing on my name. So I wonder if I still have the guild stone or whether they were removed.

Thanks again!
Charles/Ratmyr

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welcome to you both! lots of open space for housing, tho castle spots are still dear

if you are guild leader the guild would still exist, as far as I know... if you left the stone in your bank it should be safe, but they no longer function as you remember them, all tasks are via the guild menu.. if you are not the guild leader you may have difficulty elevating yourself to leader

as Zath said, anything you might need just ask in General Chat, there is usually someone about (most of the time it is Zath!) to help out new and returning players

many changes in the last few years, and some of the old dungeons will be completely unrecognizable to you, so watch your step!

Ratmyr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks as well for the note. I do have a question, where are the vendor hotspots other than Luna? I am looking for preloaded rune books to get my sons characters set up. Also looking to pick up a white cloth dye tub, but haven't come across one. I have a few on Pacific (they were sold for 35k each) but not doing a transfer to get them here.

So I want to build my vendor runes up for good spots and wanted to ask here.

Thanks.

Charles/ratmyr.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fate vendor house just across the bridge from Minoc is still there and they generally stock books, tho I've not been there in a while..... go across the bridge by the mines and head south down the road, it's the first house

Ratmyr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I found it and was able to get one book. Will keep checking there and Luna for others. Also found a plot near Yew. As a woodworker and bowyer, Yew is always a favorite of mine. So will set up shop near the crossroads when I get a chance. Have to get familiar with the new items and resources, but hopefully will be able to help meet woodworker needs.

Thanks again.