• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to game .... have a housing placement question...

B

Boucka

Hi again :)

I reactivated my account and when I logged on, I was at my old house location. It appears that since then, housing is actually quite possible once again as the area was fairly clear of homes. I had a housing placement tool and gave it a try, placing a plot of land. I really didn't want to place it exactly where I did but for whatever reason, I placed it.

Well, I was running around my old "neighborhood" and it is pretty much barren of homes. So I thought I would actually place a home a few "doors" down from where I originally placed it. When I tried, it states that I must wait a week before placing again.

My questions.... can I "redeed" the home, demolishing it, and then be able to place a home again immediately or do I still have to wait the week? Failing that, can I place with a 2nd account and then transfer to the account that just demolished his home?

Basically, I would like to acquire a home in a different location on the account that I just placed a home and is tagged with the 7 day waiting period. Is there any way of doing this without having to wait the 7 days?

Thanks again for your responses. Wow, played for 8 years and am very much a newbie after being gone for the last few years...

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks left and right*

Ok ... me again :D

I don't believe there is anyway to get around the 7 day wait ...

You can place on a second acct, but will have to wait the 7 days before you can transfer to the acct that just placed/dropped a house.

Also, technically, when testing placement, it should ask for a confirmation of placement .. though this is sometimes bugged and will just drop a house ...

When I am testing areas for placement, I always make sure the char I am using for testing, has next to no gold at all (checks included) in their bank .. that way there is no chance of accidentally placing a house when you don't mean to.

I know that tid bit of info doesn't help you now, but good nugget of info for future housing endeavors ;-)

good luck... and welcome back!

If you are on Baja, let me know .. I know of a lot of available large housing plots around the lands.

B

Boucka

*looks left and right*

Ok ... me again :D

I don't believe there is anyway to get around the 7 day wait ...

You can place on a second acct, but will have to wait the 7 days before you can transfer to the acct that just placed/dropped a house.

Also, technically, when testing placement, it should ask for a confirmation of placement .. though this is sometimes bugged and will just drop a house ...

When I am testing areas for placement, I always make sure the char I am using for testing, has next to no gold at all (checks included) in their bank .. that way there is no chance of accidentally placing a house when you don't mean to.

I know that tid bit of info doesn't help you now, but good nugget of info for future housing endeavors ;-)

good luck... and welcome back!

If you are on Baja, let me know .. I know of a lot of available large housing plots around the lands.
Awww... hehe Thanks for answering me again Xanth :)

Well, that's disappointing but I suppose I just have to wait then.

I am actually on Napa but thank you for the offer :) I do have a few characters on Baja but they are all low skilled. Looks like they have a couple of the holiday bags/boxes as well as the most recent 13 year old ticket... one has valentine stuff from way back .... if you are interested in those.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should have some tix and such on Napa ...

I will log on tonight and check it out.

ICQ me, or message here when you're on, and we can trade ;-)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that if you're willing to use the last placement location, you can stand under the house sign, and say that you want to resize your house, and change the size and location slightly that way. Of couse, anything in the house at the time will drop to the ground.

Also, I think you can demolish and immediately replace in some instances - the 7 day period is meant for transfers and setting up a new house while the first one still exists.

The best place to ask about the particulars are in the Homes & Gardens forum below. They deal with these things all the time.

B

Boucka

I should have some tix and such on Napa ...

I will log on tonight and check it out.

ICQ me, or message here when you're on, and we can trade ;-)

Oh, I can do that. Actually, will try tomorrow as it is fairly late now. Talk to you then. :)

Edit: Oh, and I wasn't really looking to swap tix as I was just offering them to you straight up, since you were kind enough to answer me. But if you insist, we can swap :)

B

Boucka

Note that if you're willing to use the last placement location, you can stand under the house sign, and say that you want to resize your house, and change the size and location slightly that way. Of couse, anything in the house at the time will drop to the ground.

Also, I think you can demolish and immediately replace in some instances - the 7 day period is meant for transfers and setting up a new house while the first one still exists.

The best place to ask about the particulars are in the Homes & Gardens forum below. They deal with these things all the time.
Thank you Basara, I will do just that :)

O

ohiohi

If you demo your current house you can place right away.The 7 day timer is for trading the house or 7 days before you can place another house while the first house is standing. Demo and replace.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I can do that. Actually, will try tomorrow as it is fairly late now. Talk to you then. :)

Edit: Oh, and I wasn't really looking to swap tix as I was just offering them to you straight up, since you were kind enough to answer me. But if you insist, we can swap :)

I dug up a handful of goodies on Napa that have been just sitting for a while ... my plans of making a multi shard transferring adventure to get all things to Baja has well ... not happened heh ... realizing the cost of a dozen or more transfer tokens just isn't in my future lol

So i've a slight stash there to help get ye on yer feet!

B

Boucka

If you demo your current house you can place right away.The 7 day timer is for trading the house or 7 days before you can place another house while the first house is standing. Demo and replace.
Thank you Ohiohi ..... Xanith also posted in the homes and castles forum the same thing. I certainly appreciate your response!! :)

B

Boucka

I dug up a handful of goodies on Napa that have been just sitting for a while ... my plans of making a multi shard transferring adventure to get all things to Baja has well ... not happened heh ... realizing the cost of a dozen or more transfer tokens just isn't in my future lol

So i've a slight stash there to help get ye on yer feet!
Oh, cool :) Well, I don't have icq running much (Actually, haven't used it in like 5 years or so ... but I reinstalled it and launch it up now and again, since "talking" with you. Maybe we can meet up sometime then. :)

In case you happen to be on and send me a tell, icq# is 349887. :)