• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to Europe

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all and well met!

I am a veteran player of almost 10years (account age 115month, and 3 month pause 4 years ago)
I have been living in Japan for the last 4 years and I have played on Sakura (Japanese Shard) and Oceania. End of this month I will be returning home to Germany, and with that also start playing again on one of the European shards.
I have played on Drachenfels before, but now that I will transfer all my goodies, I can start wherever I want new.
My question what are the pros and cons of the two European shards. Which comunity has more players/is more active? Are there lots of veterans on Europa? (Nothing against the younger players, but sometimes you are too young ;)) Which is good for PvM which one for PvP....are there Germans on both shards (my English is good enough I think, but speaking German for a change would be nice).
So? Any responses?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there and welcome back!

Well, to be honest, DF is rather dead. There some people there, but it pales in comparison to EU. And of the people on DF, a large part isn't German.
So I think you'd be experiencing more of UO on EU ;). There are a lot of older players ('99 here!) still around. EU is also in the top 5 most populated shards.

If you need any help just ICQ or PM me :).

S

Seasseragh

I´m german and playing EU since 2000 (or longer?).
From what I hear from DF they have indeed the lower population. I even met a few transfers from there.

English is the main language on EU, so don´t expect to hear any german unless you happen to meet two germans in conversation. You´re as likely to hear italian, spanish, french or russian.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
English is the main language on EU, so don´t expect to hear any german unless you happen to meet two germans in conversation. You´re as likely to hear italian, spanish, french or russian.
No problem with that ;)
Just good to have some guys from Germany around :thumbup1:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah for pvp eu is the place to be..not saying i pvp more hide dismount and hide again welcome back anyhow :party:

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back Wolfman!
Drachenfels is a nice shard too, but a lot less populated. I know some guys/gals over there, but even they tend to transfer to Euro somewhen when they get bored on their shard.
The difference between Eu and Df isn´t that big when it comes to language, since most write in english. There´s a larger german guild (BDF: Bruderschaft der eisernen Faust) wich you might wanna join if you wanna read our language more often ;)

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx guys for the encouragement. My decision stands, that I will come to Europa, if I come back to Germany.....yesterday suddenly an unexpected window of oportunity turned up, so I might be staying in Japan for a little while longer.....I know more on monday.

You all have a good week-end!

Wolf

S

SilentFoxXy

To echo the above welcome backs, and to offer any help you need, any things you need to help with you settling in to our lovely shard, bits n bobs, etc, just shout.

Im in game pretty much thru the whole day UK time, and know what a pain it can be , even with pack loads of stuff, always one thing you forgot:), so, as I say, just shout....;)

And good luck, have fun, and see you soon no doubt:)

CatT- ICQ- 450-150-281 Or PM thru here

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe how many Germans are around here ... Sie sind überall!!!! ARGH!!!!

Welcome back Wolf .. or not .. or later .. *grins*