• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Thief

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all returning player here.

I used to play a Thief back on Napa Valley and recently returned to the game looking for the good ole days so naturally i joined Siege Perilous. Different server but im liking it so far. Would love to meet other thiefs if any of you are still out there.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out uothief.com. A lot of the stories on there come from Siege players. Some even regulars on this board I believe.

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out uothief.com. A lot of the stories on there come from Siege players. Some even regulars on this board I believe.
Thanks! i actually used to play with Chad and have a story of my own on there.

Do thief's exists on the regular shards still? seems with bless deeds and insurance there isnt much left to steal.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do thief's exists on the regular shards still? seems with bless deeds and insurance there isnt much left to steal.
I dunno about full time. As you say stealing from (players at least) is pretty low I'd say.

However there are still plenty of stealables to be found in the various dungeons. We recently got a few more with the new under the water quest and also some in Blackthorns dungeon.

I have stealing and snooping for a thief character but these days they just sit on soulstones until I need to use them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most profitable pvm thieving is in Exodus dungeon. With detect hidden and lockpick find hidden boxes, from Exodus zealots steal gold, gems and ML ingredients, as well as the exodus encounter keys. You need snooping skill to get more than gold from the zealots, though you don't use it actively. In this case it's used passively.
There's more info, including a short video, here http://uo2.stratics.com/dungeon-guides/exodus/stealing-in-exodus-dungeon