• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, what to hunt for good armour?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,
Been out a while, wanting to get my characters suited up and hear that loot pieces, i.e legendary ones are very powerful, scraped enough gold together for a good suit on my necro mage but I have no idea what to hunt that wont just chew me up.

Running following.
150 str
10 dex
150 int

magery
eval
necro
ss
med
resist

Ran rats spawn last night as a tester to see if i can still press macro's lol and it went OK, had a few near misses but stayed alive and killed barracoon.

But alas, all that work and the loot on 'coon wasn't the best... Was thinking something like those nasty shame fire elementals or perhaps deamons... what you guys think?

Thank you

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you want to fight something with good drops, need to fight Exodus or Scalis. However, those bosses require more than one player to fight and defeat. Exodus also requires hunting for keys first and Scalis requires special nets to pull up out of the sea. Get in with a guild and they will probably help you along.

If on ATL and don't yet have a guild, feel free to give me a holler on ICQ.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I am on great lakes, I joined a nice guild but problem is I am British so there is like a 7 hour time difference haha. Now I getting back in swing tried some other stuff. Killed many balrons and got a couple legendary items, not much use but least I know I can get em and the balron isn't so hard to kill. Thanks for heads up on super monsters to try though, never fought either of them.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The blackthorns dungeon has a little of everything (Balrons, Greater Dragon, Rotting Corpse) and when there is a Demon spawn the Bone Demons seem to have not only a lot of loot but fairly high end (especially considering I usually have 0 luck), plus you get Blacthorn artifact drops which you can turn in for some good gear or sell for good money.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah sweet, I'll give it a try. I'll have a look on a map or something so I know where to go. Greaters not a prob either really, fire breath stings but nothing a heal doesn't fix, also I got max damage eater and high hp regain so mini heals work well for me. Thank you.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blackthorns dungeon has a little of everything (Balrons, Greater Dragon, Rotting Corpse) and when there is a Demon spawn the Bone Demons seem to have not only a lot of loot but fairly high end (especially considering I usually have 0 luck), plus you get Blacthorn artifact drops which you can turn in for some good gear or sell for good money.
Tried it and love the place. Thank you.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hi there, I am on great lakes, I joined a nice guild but problem is I am British so there is like a 7 hour time difference haha. Now I getting back in swing tried some other stuff. Killed many balrons and got a couple legendary items, not much use but least I know I can get em and the balron isn't so hard to kill. Thanks for heads up on super monsters to try though, never fought either of them.
I know the feeling - I play on Chessy from Germany and if I play right after work, it's basically empty.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, not so much empty on gl but none of my guiildies on. Came back 1 month ago but was out near a year. Been guikded like 4 years but have not really seen any of them since I came back lol. Except the guild leader.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ah sweet, I'll give it a try. I'll have a look on a map or something so I know where to go. Greaters not a prob either really, fire breath stings but nothing a heal doesn't fix, also I got max damage eater and high hp regain so mini heals work well for me. Thank you.
Fortunately things like breath are predicatably cl0ckw0rk, and in that area you can just walk around a corner until it starts playing the breath sound, at which point it's already missed and you can regain line of sight and continue whatever your chosen method of killing it is.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fortunately things like breath are predicatably cl0ckw0rk, and in that area you can just walk around a corner until it starts playing the breath sound, at which point it's already missed and you can regain line of sight and continue whatever your chosen method of killing it is.
Yeah I really like the set up there. Enjoying it, just need to get my archer suited up to kill those captains next.