• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player want to get some information

J

jofung

Hail all:

I am recently coming back to UO. And everything seems so different now. My character still hangs around in Trammel bank but no one seems to be there anymore. Just wondering where is everyone hanging out now and how to get there. Any information will be welcome.

G

Welcome back

Most people use Luna bank now, on the Malas facet. That said, there's been a population decline since you were last here.. might want to brace yourself to be underwhelmed.

G

New haven is usually okay to spot one or two people as well and usually find some other new commers to the shard. But as fink said Luna is the place to be these days.

G

Ah yes, New Haven.. PoC's home away from Cove! I keep forgetting that one.

J

jofung

Thankyou for the information! Is there anyway I can get a direction to get to Luna or New Heaven?

G

Both are on the public Moongates, New Haven's near the old one, or "Ocllo" as it was, north of the gate via the road, Trammel facet. Luna's on the Malas facet, and is a pretty tight little town with just about everything within 2-4 screens of the gate, can't miss it.

Actually, depending on how old your account entitlement is (ie: what expansions you bought), you may or may not have access to Malas. Did you leave prior to Age of Shadows? If so, you probably won't have Malas access.

J

jofung

I've bought the 9th anni Version. Come with every Expansion I think. I've been out since 2001. So many things is very new to me...Except the graphic is old which i don';t have much problem with. just waiting for KR CD i ordered from EA to come. Meanwhile enjoying the good old 2D.

G

If you need any help getting settled back in just ask, most of the community are pretty friendly *smiles*

J

jofung

Thank you for your kindness. I was wondering around last night. Finally got myself a rune to Luna from brit bank. Nice city and lots of vendor there, just like a super shopping mall. Spend most of my time browsing different vendor to see what's new, and I find out a lot of items has become very expensive from my memory, but anyhow price going up in real life anyway, i don't see the difference in UO. haha....anyway...my character name is JoseF Fungus.....if you guys happen to bump into me, hope you guys can show me around.

G

Just be aware inflation has followed the US market and you will need to add two or 3 zero's to everything that you would have purchased in 2000 as an average indicator and don't commit suicide when you see item around the 30 mill mark its common now and gold is no where near as hard to collect these days just requires a tad of work