• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning player seeks help

J

Jancecapade

i am a returning player from around 2003/4? and i am trying to get back with uo. i am wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out
giving me some pointers and maybe showing me where to train. ive had to start a new acct, and i am pretty lost in the enhanced client. i am on atlantic shard i think.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you dont know what shard your on?

you looking for bard help?

cause this is the bard forum.

J

Jancecapade

yes, Im on Atlanta, not atlantic, hence the i think.. and my favorite character before leaving was my barc tamer. Thus i would like to go ahead and play a bard. though im unsure as to what is truly effective anymore, or what to train on for max gains or decent monies. I have looked through the threads that are stickied, but the all look slightly outdated.

i have been working on gamans, though since they are not very fun i think i may go play with the orcs and deathwatch beetles.

according to the calc, they shouldt be terribly bad for my skill lvl.

around 85 on both provo and peace, about 70 on discord.

ive picked up throwing, chiv and bushido. so far chiv seems to work out, havent gotten around to adding bushido into my fights yet.

my character is a gargoyle. the no horse thing is sweet.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. also if you iknow where i can find a good rune librarry n atlanta that would be great.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i only use bushido for 3 things.

1) to honor the stuff im gonna fight to get all the bonus's from that

2) to use confidence to heal while im fighting (saves on having healing or using chiv which costs money!)

3) to use lightning strike, so i dont miss

as for the training, your on the right path.
just keep picking away at it.

im not 100% clear on what toon your working on.
do you have a bard/tamer
or are you working on a bard/warrior?

two totally different templates that both are fun to play!

maybe let us know what template you are working on, and what ya need for help and we can tailor our help more directly for ya.

as for rune libraries, you probablly dont need to find a library anymore, just a house that has a ruined portal in it.
that will get ya to any town, and the dungeon one will get ya to any dungeon in game.
saves on having to sift through 100's or books.
but if ya wanna go through books, hit luna, i think there is a GEN house right outside the moongate that has a tonne of runebooks in it for public use.

J

Jancecapade

thanks for the reply,

thus far ive been trying to work on something like this

provo, disco, peace, music, throwing, chiv, bush

not planning on taking chiv too high, just for heals, expunges, and travel for the most part. and throwing i took cuz i figured itd be a cheaper ranged attack than archery since its a new acct and i dont have reserves to build/train him with.

honestly i only took bush cuz it seemed like a fairly common template.

in the past my favorite was a tamer bard, but i dont feel like taking the time to lvl up taming again. it was such a tedious thing before.

last item, how can i tell if these ruined portals are for towns or dungeons, and i dont think ive seen one, what do they look like?

yes Yes many many gramatical errors, but im too lazy to worry about it, or punctuation

J

Jancecapade

hmm, i just found a spellweaving book, and after looking into it, it looks like an interesting skill.
now i am considering trying to work it in somehow, just wondering if it synergizes well with barding, or will i be messing up my, peace and provo'd targets?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the ruined portals.

there are 2 of them

one is a white ball, one is a blueish ball.

ill try to find a pic later today when i get back.

T

Tefery

Im returning player too and id like to suggest a build for you. Since your thinking about spell weaving im going to suggest instead you try mysticism. Here is the temp im using and its working very very well I have soloed most of the mini champs and ive been back less then a month.
120 music
120 provo
120 discord
120 mysticism (i only have 110 atm though)
100 med
120 focus (i only have 115 atm though)

Using Provo masteries and Rising Colossus i haven't found much i cant solo yet except super high bosses.

Remember you can provo mobs onto your Colossus in a pinch. Most of the time I only discord stuff that is boss lvl as its a waste of time for anything else cause RC is a beast.

A good thing about the temp is once your bard skills get to 90 all the skills can be (attended) macroed to 120.

J

Jancecapade

sounds interesting, i will give it a try.

would i need to complete a quest to get the skill(similar to SW?)

and how do you get yourself around with no magery/chiv/necro?? does myst have a similar spell?

T

Tefery

I actually use a 13 ring 13 bracelet and tome of knowledge to be able to cast recall cause im lazy lol. I still fizzle alot so i do buy recalls with regularity when i get impatient.

J

Jancecapade

So, i went and trained myst. and i am really enjoying it so far. i think i will just leave chiv till last to go down that way i can travel easily and i got some free heals if i need. where is a good place to farm if im looking to find more mys scrolls?? im guessing ter mur, though im a little hesitant to hunt there becuause because