• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Returning player questions

• Thread starter Jafar McFinnan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
J

Jafar McFinnan

Hey all. Surprisingly everything has changed after an absence of a mere 6 years or so. While I'm merrily dying every 30 seconds, I have a few questions.

1) Reagents: Back in the olden days we used to buy those in the Moonglow Teleport to T2A. The vendors there seem to be uninterested, and sell 20 of each instead of the usual thousands. Where do people go now (or does everyone just use a -100% reg cost suit)?

2) Player hotspots: I see the occasional player in Britain, and saw a small crowd at the net toss advertised above. Where else could one run into players? Trinsic still an RP hotspot? Where do people go to fight ebil (and loot shinies)?

3) Rune Libraries: Don't pay attention for a few years and suddenly my home was gone. Teichdragons place is also no longer there (I think - or maybe I just was on the wrong facet). Are there any conveniently located rune libraries about?

4) Ouch ow ohgodnotthereplease - or: How do I not die? My template may not be ideal, but I'm running out of point. My armour also is a mix of things I grabbed out of bloody puddles so far. Whenever I get attacked, I pretty much die - do I need some sort of weapon skill to reduce the number of hits I take (like all mages used to have wrestling once the halberd phase was over)? Also.. is crafted armour viable (and affordable) to get _some_ sort of protection? All this 5% physical resist leather gorgets of nightsight and luck 7 are not that terribly great, it seems.

Um. Help? Please? Thanks :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. Surprisingly everything has changed after an absence of a mere 6 years or so. While I'm merrily dying every 30 seconds, I have a few questions.

1) Reagents: Back in the olden days we used to buy those in the Moonglow Teleport to T2A. The vendors there seem to be uninterested, and sell 20 of each instead of the usual thousands. Where do people go now (or does everyone just use a -100% reg cost suit)?
Reagent is a commodity, meaning if you buy the 20 next time he has new it will be 40, then 80, 160, 320, 640 and last 999.

But yes, most people got a lower regs suit. hook me up ill give you one.

2) Player hotspots: I see the occasional player in Britain, and saw a small crowd at the net toss advertised above. Where else could one run into players? Trinsic still an RP hotspot? Where do people go to fight ebil (and loot shinies)?
Luna is probably hot spot number 1, although admitted, Drachenfels has its glory days behind it, player count wise anyways. also the factor that less people are hanging around the bank after the global channels came, try joining general chat, using the chat button in top menu

3) Rune Libraries: Don't pay attention for a few years and suddenly my home was gone. Teichdragons place is also no longer there (I think - or maybe I just was on the wrong facet). Are there any conveniently located rune libraries about?
There are several runelibraries around. Drachental runelibrary and Hunter's Lounge are still open for business. ask in general chat someone can probably gate you to one and/or provide a rune

4) Ouch ow ohgodnotthereplease - or: How do I not die? My template may not be ideal, but I'm running out of point. My armour also is a mix of things I grabbed out of bloody puddles so far. Whenever I get attacked, I pretty much die - do I need some sort of weapon skill to reduce the number of hits I take (like all mages used to have wrestling once the halberd phase was over)? Also.. is crafted armour viable (and affordable) to get _some_ sort of protection? All this 5% physical resist leather gorgets of nightsight and luck 7 are not that terribly great, it seems.
With the introduction of imbuing skill with stygian abyss expansion the gear quality has got a big overall lift.

Again hook me up ill provide a decent tho not uber set for you to get you re-startet, Can reach me on ICQ: 525-91-550 or in general chat most times.

Welcome back to Sosaria!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Check vendors in New Magnicia and Luna. You should be able to buy an "70% resist all 100%lmc". I believe it will be enough to kill most monsters using a slayer spellbook. If haven't wrestling you can use a mage weapon.

J

Jafar McFinnan

Thanks both. I had no idea about the chat channels. New fangled stuff. One of these days I might even figure out a colour (and where to set it) that does not completely blend in the background.

I'll try and use General chat a bit more and learn to set up some macroes. And I found some reg suits for a mere 700k gold or so. A few more weeks in the white wyrm place with my new pets should see it sorted.

On that note: Anyone interested in a few 1000 ruby necklaces? I seem to have found a bunch of those. Wonder why I made them and labelled the bag and everything. :p

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will give you a regs suit, no worries.

And the 1000 ruby necklaces is worth something because you haven't been able to make them for like 8 years now :)
- For your probably worth a considerable amount.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Gilmour said, if you need some help to get started, just holler in the general chat or pester us via ICQ. Drachenfels is not the most crowded server, but the people are all very helpful.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back as the others have said the group of Drachenfelians are generous and helpfull anything I can do you help let me know. And if you dont see Wild Thing running around my friend Looney is almost always directing traffic at Brit Bank