• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player Questions

T

thamantii

Hey there! I just have a few questions i need answered to help me better match up my gear to what i need to focus on.

1) Is there a stat cap? Example: say 150 is the cap, and i had 150 str. could i get over this cap? if so is it not beneficial to go over the cap?

2)Is there a damage cap? For example, say 300% is the dmg cap if there is one. Does a slayer weapon contribute to the dmg cap? If so how much? Let's say it's 300% from a slayer weapon (all this is just from stuff ive gathered from the boards so far and im not sure of just guessing) If the slayer weapon does not contribute to the dmg cap then im assuming I should stack +DMG on my gear also so that i can get the 300% from the slayer + other DMG modifiers.

If 300% is the cap then would it not be more beneficial to just go for +300 dmg on gear as opposed to weapon so that every weapon you wield is essentially a "slayer" so to speak?

3) Is there a mana regen cap and if so des med / focus contribute to the cap?

4) Do med and focus stack with each other?

5) Is there a SSI cap and if so does Dex affect it? For example lets just say 60 SSI is the cap and say i have all my weapons with 60 SSI on them would I not be inclined to forget about dex and get my other stats up since i'm already swinging at the maximum speed achievable?

Thank you for your time and knowledge ahead of time. Most everyone here seems to be pretty knowledgeable and helps out others quite a bit and I do appreciate it.

Zev - Atlantica

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hey there! I just have a few questions i need answered to help me better match up my gear to what i need to focus on.

1) Is there a stat cap? Example: say 150 is the cap, and i had 150 str. could i get over this cap? if so is it not beneficial to go over the cap?

2)Is there a damage cap? For example, say 300% is the dmg cap if there is one. Does a slayer weapon contribute to the dmg cap? If so how much? Let's say it's 300% from a slayer weapon (all this is just from stuff ive gathered from the boards so far and im not sure of just guessing) If the slayer weapon does not contribute to the dmg cap then im assuming I should stack +DMG on my gear also so that i can get the 300% from the slayer + other DMG modifiers.

If 300% is the cap then would it not be more beneficial to just go for +300 dmg on gear as opposed to weapon so that every weapon you wield is essentially a "slayer" so to speak?

3) Is there a mana regen cap and if so des med / focus contribute to the cap?

4) Do med and focus stack with each other?

5) Is there a SSI cap and if so does Dex affect it? For example lets just say 60 SSI is the cap and say i have all my weapons with 60 SSI on them would I not be inclined to forget about dex and get my other stats up since i'm already swinging at the maximum speed achievable?

Thank you for your time and knowledge ahead of time. Most everyone here seems to be pretty knowledgeable and helps out others quite a bit and I do appreciate it.

Zev - Atlantica
1.yes its 150 for str/in/dex or 255 total
2.damage from gear caps at 100%! and total damage(eoo,ls etc)caps at 300%
3.there is no mana regen cap but the value of each point becomes less and less the more points you have
4.yes
5.SSI is caped at 60 and dex does not effect ssi but stamina does here are some charts to give you idea
http://users.lmi.net/~noodle/netathene/guilds/Posts/

I would recommend the highest stamina and dex you can get for most any warrior type

T

thamantii

Does a slayer weapon contribute to the dmg cap? If so how much? And on that chart i'm assuming that the top row is stamina?

Also, another question. On resists...what is the benefit of having 100-120 resist spells if you have an all 70's suit?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Does a slayer weapon contribute to the dmg cap? If so how much? And on that chart i'm assuming that the top row is stamina?

Also, another question. On resists...what is the benefit of having 100-120 resist spells if you have an all 70's suit?
here is s slayer link with all the info
http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer

the benefit of high resist spells is that things like poison paralyze blood oath are not as effective or resisted all together
here is resist link with list of effected spells
http://www.uoguide.com/Resisting_Spells

T

Turdnugget

The way resist stands now, it's not that big of a deal to run w/out resist unless you're doing PvP. But you can always carry trapped boxes, enchanted apples,potions etc.

Sidenote:Storm, I take it you're a fan of the Sword of Shanara series?