• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player Please Help with PVP Template

Alex818

Visitor
Hello,

I am a returning player. I haven't played in 14 years. I just reactivated my account recently but I'm confused about what skills to to pick.. From what I'm reading it seems that a lot of people are using Archers combined with Fencing or Swords?? I want a very effective PVP'er without getting overly complicated on the build but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm leaning towards Archer/Swords since I have swords at 109 but what about the other skills? What do I do?

Here is what I currently have on the character I want to use for PVP:

109 Swords
40 Archery
84 Anatomy
100 Focus
99 Healing
107.9 Tactics
91 Resist

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I am a returning player. I haven't played in 14 years. I just reactivated my account recently but I'm confused about what skills to to pick.. From what I'm reading it seems that a lot of people are using Archers combined with Fencing or Swords?? I want a very effective PVP'er without getting overly complicated on the build but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm leaning towards Archer/Swords since I have swords at 109 but what about the other skills? What do I do?

Here is what I currently have on the character I want to use for PVP:

109 Swords
40 Archery
84 Anatomy
100 Focus
99 Healing
107.9 Tactics
91 Resist

Thanks in advance!
It's unlikely that you can be both an effective PvPer and uncomplicated. Especially with 14 years of game mechanics to catch up on.

It's hard to advise without knowing what stuff you know and what stuff you don't. I mean every weapon has 2 different special moves, base damage and base swing speed. In general PvPing on a dexxer you plan how you're going to attack people, with which combination of special moves you're going to focus on out of 2-4 usually. From that you then deduce the weapons that have those specials, you then have to look at what suit requirements you're going to need in order to swing that weapon at the cap of 1.25s. Factoring in both your Stamina and SSI.

The basic idea with an Archer/Swords (or whatever weapon skill) is Disarm then change to a bow for Moving Shot. Anything with Archery requires a higher end suit because of the Stam/SSI requirements.

Another key aspect of the build (probably more important than how you're going to attack/kill people) is how you intend to heal yourself.

Most people don't bother with Resisting Spells in PvP as you can replace most of it's functions with items. Almost every PvPer uses potions for Cure/Heal/Refresh, extra Str/Dex, Enchanted Apples for removing curses, and trapped boxes to break Paralyse. Some may even carry the Stealable Mana Draught to counteract Mana Drain/Vamp. Those that do bother with it have 120, it is really a 120 or 0 kind of skill in PvP.

Most people don't have Focus unless they're using Mysticism. (It's like the Eval for Magery).

Most people are relying heavily on skill increase items, especially on templates with two weapon skills (like Archer/Swords).

There are skill mastery's for most skills, which usually give you 2-3 more abilities/spells.

My personal opinion on the state of PvP as a dexxer is that it's less about damage and more about stacking/burst damage/blocking Healing. The following are all highly used effects/spells/specials used in combination for that end; Nerve Strike, Disarm, Dismount, Double Shot/Double Strike (usually combined with Disarm), Deathstrike, Hit Spell, Velocity (bows only), Poisoning, Mortal Wound, Splintering Weapon, Bleed, Spell Plague, Evil Omen, Corpse Skin, Blood Oath, Holy Fist. For this reason I would rarely go over 90 in Tactics, which is the minimum needed to use both special moves.

If you're unfamiliar with these things you should probably google them on UOguide. As well as being aware of most of the above you should know how your character is going to counteract it.

My advice is (if you're sticking with a Disarm Archer) to start with 120 Archery, 120 Swords (or 20 less if you have it on items Hunters Headress or Captain John's Hat) and 90 Tactics, and rethink the rest of it around some heavy defensive options or the attack methods above.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My PVP archer has Archery, Tactics, Resist Spells, Healing, Anatomy, Stealth and Hiding. There are times that I have swapped Ninjitsu and Poisoning for the Stealth and Hiding. It's uncomplicated and relatively effective. I'm not a huge PVPer though, so I typically only play with a group in a support role, usually to get revenge on raiders if my guild gets jumped by reds.

I don't believe in the whole doing archery while also have a melee weapon skill. I think it's a waste of skill points.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its all perspective...but I have several archer/fencers with and without poisoning on multiple shards. I thoroughly enjoy them for disarming hopefully coupled with a splinter/moving shot/shurikens to interfere with healing/moving shot for the kill or start over. Add in a couple varieties for the difficult to kill ones or ones that learn your methods, but an extremely fun template to play if u can't jam 50 buttons like mages do (I personally can't :) ). It's more fun than stealth archers and ur able to take an active role in pvp as opposed to a supportive role.

I would suggest either make a stealth archer to help out the guild and c how the new style of pvp is conducted...or make a full fledged toon without hiding and jump right into pvp

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I would rock for disarm archer.

Fencing / Swords: 120
Archery: 120
Anatomy: 120
Healing: 120
Tactics: 120
Ninjitsu: 120

There are loads of combos though. You could drop the melee skill and maybe go for bushido or resist.