• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player Mage question

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Stratics Community,

I am sure you get a lot of returning players asking for advice on templates and such, so here is another one. I have several characters that are decently developed but my mage is one of my strongest. I finished his template before I quit a while ago but did not really play him much. I am looking for advice on a viable template and some tips on how to play him (spells to focus on, tactics, etc.). Here is my current build:

Magery: 120
Eval Int: 120
Spirit Speak: 120
Resist: 120
Necro: 100
Med: 60

This was given to me some time ago and was thought to be pretty good. It seems now that the nox mage is not so hot. How should I build this guy, and what are some tips to get me out there in the wild killing things? I spent a pretty decent amount of gold getting this guy to where he is, and I don't mind spending more. However, I would like to start making some of that investment back. Thank you for your help.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Necro/Mage is the most powerful and versatile caster build, with some fine tuning you can have Inscription or Poisoning on there as well, Poisoning is very good on any template right now.

Mystic/Mage is the other template a lot of people use, it's more about Rising Colossus than anything else, it's more defensive than Necro/Mage and as such has lower damage output.

Before doing anything you should probably look at the patch notes for the new stuff that's coming out, there's also threads about it in Uhall, certain skills will have mastery abilities you can use for various effects.

Necro/Mage requires player skill to be good with it, Mystic/Mage less so.

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the response. I will check into the patch notes and start to get a plan together on how to build a template.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're a returning player, I would suggest maybe replacing Necro and Spirit Speak with Mystic and Focus... or maybe adding Spellweaving and increasing Meditation. I never could get into a really good rhythm with my Necro mages in the past so I am admittedly a bit biased, but just some food for thought.

Also, not sure what your situation is with your gear, but I would gladly help you out with some decent pieces if you're on Atlantic.

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like I was starting to piece some gear together before, but I'm not sure how good it is. I'll get my ICQ acct going and post that on here. I'd love to meet up with someone in-game who can look over my gear and get me started in the right direction.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I feel like I was starting to piece some gear together before, but I'm not sure how good it is. I'll get my ICQ acct going and post that on here. I'd love to meet up with someone in-game who can look over my gear and get me started in the right direction.
If you're on Atlantic, I have plenty of mage gear I could help you get suited up with. Send a message on there and I'd be glad to assist.