• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player looking for guild

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Hello!

I'm returning to UO after many years absent and looking for a guild. I left about the time champ spawns were added. Ideally a guild with events like dungeon crawls and tournys.

Back in the day, I participated in a trammel guild (SWG) and pvp guilds as well. I have a
  1. tamer
  2. nox mage
  3. Craftsman
  4. dexxer
I'm also building a Bard, but I'm not sure that's a good choice in the new UO. Looking forward to meeting new people!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi and welcome back! Raw is probably the biggest and most active guild at the moment. HoFD has also been consistently active over the years and I have a lot of respect for them. Myself, I'm guildmaster of the Twilight Fellowship (T.F) and manager of the RP Alliance. I've been a bit out of the loop with crappy Verizon internet the past half year and I'm still playing a bit of catchup with work now that I got my new internet, but I hope to be more active and organized now that I have a stable connection. You're welcome to join us if you like. One other thing I'd recommend if you haven't done it already is to hop in the General Channel on global chat. Many of the shard regulars pop in there and you'll see general events get organized like a Dragon Turtle Spawn or T-Rex hunt.

As for Bards, I've found my bards have done quite well in the new lands. Do you have the Time of Legends expansion? Much of the new content being added takes place there. Finally, what are your character names so I know if I see you in-game? My mains are Dav Stormgleam, Quenria, and Vaneistra, but I play a multitude of other characters.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Hi Sablestorm!

Thank you for your guidance. :) I've never been much of an RPer, but I'd really like to be involved in an active and organized guild. Another question for you; Are stratics forums where the most up-to-date info is? It's difficult parsing 18 years worth of info to find the latest and most accurate.

My characters are Muady the Noisy (my new bard!), Uinin, Muady, Muad, and Ishelle. I'll keep an eye out for you on the chat! I haven't purchased any expansions, but will when new purchasing system is in place.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Sablestorm!

Thank you for your guidance. :) I've never been much of an RPer, but I'd really like to be involved in an active and organized guild. Another question for you; Are stratics forums where the most up-to-date info is? It's difficult parsing 18 years worth of info to find the latest and most accurate.

My characters are Muady the Noisy (my new bard!), Uinin, Muady, Muad, and Ishelle. I'll keep an eye out for you on the chat! I haven't purchased any expansions, but will when new purchasing system is in place.
Ah Ishelle. You were looking for a rune library in help chat the other day, right? Were you able to find the Sagewind Keep from my directions?

We still do have RP Events, but our alliance is more just about a group of players and guilds who can communicate via alliance chat so we can stay connected in-game. There are no real requirements except be courteous to other alliance mates. You take part in what you want when you want, whether that be hunts or alliance meetings or EM Events, etc.

As for the most up-to-date information, not sure there is one location to find it all anymore. When I go looking for information, I usually go to UOGuide first, then stratics. I also go through the publish lists a lot using google to track things down. Oh and you can always post specific questions here or at UOForums and will usually get helpful responses.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Oh! I didn't realize you were the one providing assistance. Thank you for your help! I actually got sidetracked by rl very close to the brit moongate and didn't finish the journey. However, I ended up stumbling across a library near Moonglow, so it all worked out!

I'll keep an eye out for you in game. :)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maro Goobs? Sorry, been away the past week to help out an ailing friend. I haven't seen any of the old RP Crew, but we do get a lot of returning players from the early early days of UO. What have you been up to?

kiznar

Visitor
its been awhile honestly id say 04 to 06 some where in there i played on and off for a week or so. im kinda lost thinking about going to atl because of the population on pacific its a shame i loved pacific and have never been on another server currently worried about ping issues.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been awhile honestly id say 04 to 06 some where in there i played on and off for a week or so. im kinda lost thinking about going to atl because of the population on pacific its a shame i loved pacific and have never been on another server currently worried about ping issues.
My best advice is to hope in the General Channel of Global Chat. You'll get to catch up with the shard regulars and see the impromptu events that get organized, like champ spawns, T-rexes or Donkey Kongs, or Void Pool hunts.