• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, help with taming template

DEA4Ever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all I am back recently to uo and am looking to improve on my tamers current template. I currently picked up a taming lvl 3 mastery and my current template seems to be a little....outdated.

Current template :
120 lore
120 taming
120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 spellweaving

I really had no idea just how powerful consume damage is. I feel like having spellweaving is not really as useful as it was prior to the mastery. I have seen a few templates with necro/ss that seem pretty cool. I was also considering picking up a wep skill or something and using a lower defense imbued wep. Can anyone help me out with suggestions? I would really appreciate it!

Was also considering switching around some skills to pick up wep/chiv/bushido for the luck...worth it?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Your template is similar to mine. I run the following natural skills:

95 Animal Lore
95 Animal Taming
95 Veternary
120 Magery
110 Eval Intel
85 Meditation
120 Spellweaving

I also wear the Taming Mark of Travesty for +10 Lore, +10 Taming, and have a ring that also gives me +15 Lore, +15 Taming. So I get to 120 Lore and Taming that way, although, my masteries do not run strong and run out of mana quickly. I am considering raising taming and dropping Eval and Med. I feel like Spellweaving is still very useful to have, but if you will not be using Word of Death, you might not need to go all the way to 120. I also have a Scrapper spellbook that has +10 Eval and +10 Meditation.

Good luck with your build!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The lack of veterinary there worries me a bit, but I guess you can still make do without it.
I'd get 6 points in magery from items, drop it to 100 and get 20 necro so you can maintain wraith form. Might not be needed if you are running a human tamer build.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Agree, the lack of Vet worries me as well. Granted that elixir of rebirth is nice, but you will run into "purist" tamers who will not rez your GD if you can't. *shrugs* Just letting ya know...

The temp I have ran for quite a while now (much like Merlins) and have been really happy with:

Lore 110 (natural)
Taming 110 (95 natural)
Vet 100 (natural)
Eval 120 (95 natural)
Magery 120 (100 natural)
Med 110 (100 natural)
SW 120 (no choice but natural lol)

810 points total.

I use a Crystalline Ring for that +20 Mage, a brace with 15 Taming and Eval and a Scrappers with +11 Med and +10 Eval. I also carry a ring with +10 Tame/Lore and +15 Vet for when I need more stable slots or am actively trying to tame.

Since the Masterys have hit I have been thinking about playing around with the temp a little. I am considering carrying the Taming to 110 natural. Some folk have said the effects of a Taming III Mastery is better with natural skill. But, I can not tell much of a difference in this characters taming Mastery and my natural 120/120/120 Tamer. There does seem to be a slight mana decrease for being all natural but the suit I use actually regens mana when I use Consume Damage *shrugs* sooo.. still undecided on whether or not to carry this temp natural or not.

Consume Damage even at this level tame/lore is very effective. Most especially when you combine it with Gift of Renewal. Even Lady Mel is a breeze with a GD. Just have to watch for her changing targets to you or she could be an afk kill lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Weird, I have found consume damage to be most effective at Lady Mel, at least with my turtle.
Anyway, as for temps, I run a few.
My main is here: What template(s) are you running?

I also run another one with:
120 taming
120 lore
114 vet
106 magery (no fizzling on level 7 spells)
110 eval int (120 with the turn in tally with +10 eval and 5 sdi)
120 med
20 necro (she is an elf)
10 spirit speak

My suit has at least 75 SDI (with town bonus), which raises to 100 with my scrappers (I lucked out a spider slayer scrappers), 105 with the summer dragon fish pie, 127 with one of my 4x120 bards running provo songs.

My other one is:
120 taming (natural)
120 lore (natural)
120 vet (natural)
90 magery (105 with items)
90 music (120 with items)
90 disco (120 with items)
90 med (105 with items)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all I am back recently to uo and am looking to improve on my tamers current template. I currently picked up a taming lvl 3 mastery and my current template seems to be a little....outdated.

Current template :
120 lore
120 taming
120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 spellweaving

I really had no idea just how powerful consume damage is. I feel like having spellweaving is not really as useful as it was prior to the mastery. I have seen a few templates with necro/ss that seem pretty cool. I was also considering picking up a wep skill or something and using a lower defense imbued wep. Can anyone help me out with suggestions? I would really appreciate it!
Looks pretty good - I've run a similar temp, although I currently have Vet on over Spellweaving (with Consume Damage, I don't need Gift of Renewal), and it lets me res my pet in the event it should die - usually that's at an EM event, and people don't res pets there in my experience. If you have Soulstones, keep Vet/Spellweaving on one so you can swap between them.

I've seen Necro/SS in action, but I feel it's limited in its use, at least for a solo player. In a group it's great - you can have masteries active, cast on mobs & regain mana while in Wraith form, etc. I *think* Death Ray, if you have a Magery Mastery, will let you regain a nice chunk amount of mana with each hit if you're in Wraith.