• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, crafter questions

R

Rocklin

I looked over the forums for crafters and I figured that this forum would probably be the best place to put a general question that covers several craft skills.

I have a single crafter with:

GM Blacksmithy, GM Tailoring, GM Carpenter, GM Bowyer, 95 Mining, 90 Lumberjacking

The balance is spread out in Musicianship (GM Instruments), 50ish Magery and various skills.

I have a 720 Skill cap and the ablilty and the will to go 120 in my Smithy and Tailoring. I was told Arms Lore is now actually useful. Will wonders never cease...

I would like this character to have Arms Lore for item creation. One goal is to have a crafter that can make the best possible weapons. My character is human as well.

If I were to create another character, and have twin crafters, how would you split this points up? Nothing is off the table, I have plenty of soul stones and tons of patience.

Any thoughts? Thank you for your time.

~ Priam

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would move Fletching,Lumberjacking and Carpentry to the other character.
Those 3 skills work well together on same character.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would move Mining and Lumberjacking onto another character. (Actually I am training a Miner/LJ who shall become a famous ore elemental hunter.) That would leave: 120 Blacksmith and Tailoring and GM Fletching, Carpentry, Tinkering and Armslore and 80 other skillpoints to split between Music and Magery to the main crafter. (As a human 10 music and 70 magery would be fine. In the end you should be able to push music to 45 and magery to 75 with items.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, I wouldn't do it that way. move mining and you won't be able to smelt your mistakes. I agree with Frarc's suggestion.

My elf crafter on Siege has 0 real music, but with songwoven mantle, +15 ring & bracelet while holding a singing axe she can make instruments.

R

Rocklin

I would move Fletching,Lumberjacking and Carpentry to the other character.
Those 3 skills work well together on same character.
But doesn't the Armslore increase the bonuses for ranged weapons as well?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you can have armslore on both crafters.

Here my Crafters to give you a idea:

Bochel

Buchel

Gabrielle

Marc Rothgar

As you can see all have armslore. But some of them are not just only crafters. They can fight to gather leather as well or like Buchel fight when he digs up ore elementals.

UO gives you the freedom to do whatever you like. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, but most of the time you will be crafting Smith Weapons and Tailor Armor.

I would suggest:

Crafter 1
120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 mining
100 Arms Lore
100 Alchemy
180 points as you see fit (magery & eval for defense, with equipment to raise higher?)

Crafter 2
100 LJ
100 Carpentry
100 Bowyer/Fletching
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
0 Music (5 if human) plus items to raise to 45 skill
40 magery, plus items to raise to 75 for pentagrams
80 Blacksmith (for large Forges & colored BODs)
75 Tailor (for large bed and colored BODs)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ... you need mining for smelting metalwares but you dont need smithing for it. So you can actually smelt all things on a mining character who doesnt know anything about smithing. (And once you've trained your smith to 120 you dont smelt that much. At least I dont do but it also depends on how often/how many smithing runics your using. I ve just reserved one empty chest in my house for collecting recycleableds and swith chars when I want to smelt them.)

If you run two seperate crafters try to leave room for /fit in alchemy. First statements about SA coming up with craftable glass weapons (alchemy/glassblowing). Those probably will benefit from arms lore too. (Same with masonry/carpentry but it already works that way.)

R

Radix

arms lore? really is it important when crafting? how much?
(my crafter have 0 a.l lol)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arms lore gives added bonus to resists on armour and automatic 40% damage increase for exceptionally made weapons. Also need to remember to have a char that can do imbuing when SA comes out.