• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Returning player all backwards

L

Lokida

Ok again I'm one of these players that's come back after a very long absence. I would love any help or suggestions:

Originally I was in love with the T-Hunter my ENTIRE suit was built around luck, 100% LRC and all 70 resist. Then I find out later on that luck has nothing to do with chest, only the mobs you kill.

To make a long story short I've stoned all my cart, lockpicking and I'm left with

Provo 115.5
Music 110 (locked) albiet a bit late.
Peace 99.7
Disco 30.5

Magery 100
Eval 100

I want to be able to do more than just running around Destard killing GD's (when I'm lucky) and dragons.

I do know I need to raise my Disco and after holding off forever just started training it.

I guess I'm looking for advice on what I should do now and how to go about it. I've been reading a lot on the forums here and tons of advice just trying to digest it all. It's got my head spinning :wall:

Thank you
Hunt

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At your level of Disco, polar bears might give you decent gains.

Go to Dagger Isle (Ice Island) where the dungeon Deceit is located.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok again I'm one of these players that's come back after a very long absence. I would love any help or suggestions:

Originally I was in love with the T-Hunter my ENTIRE suit was built around luck, 100% LRC and all 70 resist. Then I find out later on that luck has nothing to do with chest, only the mobs you kill.

To make a long story short I've stoned all my cart, lockpicking and I'm left with

Provo 115.5
Music 110 (locked) albiet a bit late.
Peace 99.7
Disco 30.5

Magery 100
Eval 100

I want to be able to do more than just running around Destard killing GD's (when I'm lucky) and dragons.

I do know I need to raise my Disco and after holding off forever just started training it.

I guess I'm looking for advice on what I should do now and how to go about it. I've been reading a lot on the forums here and tons of advice just trying to digest it all. It's got my head spinning :wall:

Thank you
Hunt
are you asking about template or where to train?

im guessing both.

template wise, what are you scrolled too?
120 in all barding?

from what you have listed there, id take of the eval and take up med, then take the 4 bard skills to 120, 110/120 magic and med.
110 magic is fine though.

that is the classic pure bard make up.

then pick up a mastery.
peace one is good if you travel in a party a lot.
provo one is good if you use a lot of summons or party a lot with melee or tamers.
disco one is good if you travel alone a lot.

for ease of training, and since your music is allready over 100 id say use the bard masteries to train to cap.

so hobble your disco up to 90.
you should be able to power train that up in a day or so with polar bears and gamans and bouras.

then kill off the eval and start rolling out with the bard masteries.
you will be into the 110's in a day or so with the ones you allready arnt.

from there you could either work them up till cap while playing or continue to use the masteries to train.

oh, and once you hit 90 with disco you can let your music go up again, it dosnt need to be locked after that since its not used in the mastery skill check.

hope that help.
thats a quick and dirty 30 second blurb, hehe

L

Lokida

Thanks Poo you are correct I'm scrolled to 120 on all 4 in Barding. I guess it's off to train up the discord.

Currently I have the Provo Mastery. So I know I can keep it running as long as I don't have to cast a lot. So ya makes sense to drop the eval and pick my med back up and go from there.

Thanks for the quick response Poo and Eric.