• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning old school player

Jasper8282

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand the game has changed VASTLY. I quit before the necromancy class came into the game. I just reactivated my old account, but to my dismay... all of my characters were RESET to 100 skill characters. Now according to uo.com, any characters over 350 total skill points (Which all of mine were over 650) would not be reset/deleted. Is this normal or am I missing something? Also, it will not let me claim any vet rewards

Please help me. I wanna come back, but I really don't wanna start from scratch again.

G

Excerpts from Vet Rewards support page (here):

Active Account definition and example:
The important part to remember is that your account age is not tied to when the account was opened, but to how much active time has been paid to the account. An example follows:

You purchase a 90-day subscription, but cancel on the 25th day. You are only credited for the 25 days the account was active. If you re-activate and the account has been active for 6 days, it will then be a total of 31 days old and it will roll over and age one month.
-----
Vet Reward eligibility - from same page:
Any account created before November 30, 1999 will automatically be credited for all of the time from the date it was created until November 30, 1999. In other words, if you created your account on October 30, 1998, your account would be credited for 13 months of time, regardless of whether your account was inactive during part of that time.

Following November 30, 1999, only the months in which you had an ACTIVE account will contribute to the total count of months qualifying you for rewards.
-----
However, I really urge you to read the WHOLE page on this, because determining character VR eligibility is NOT tied to billing.

Because if you deactivated the account (and did not log into any character) for all this period then re-activated it recently, the intervening time does not count ... as I read things. If the characters were not logged in periodically, they would not be tallied as "active" during the period.

================
As to character reset, not a clue. You are talking skills, right? Did someone have your account/password at all and perhaps fiddled with them? <shrug> I'm grasping at straws on this one. No idea.

G

hmm

What do you find when you choose 'show caps' from your skill list? Had the characters used any power scrolls?

Jasper8282

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quit before Powerscrolls were in the game. Thank you for the answer to the vet rewards question. As for the characters, I'm confused because no one had access to any of my characters. I have always been against giving information out. All of my characters have the same names, but are completely new. They all have like 100-120 total skill and even have the newbie starting items/equipment. Any ideas what I should do?

G

Sorry, I'm completely in the dark.

I can ask a silly question, but that would assume you could be as dizzy as I.

You didn't make the same chars on more than one shard, but only play them on one shard?

G

Whatever you do, just make sure you start roleplaying on atlantic.