• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Returning Nox Fencer

BuzzTB

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello all.

I am returning to UO after a break of 6 years.

I am looking to update my old characters, but after reading around I am stuck on just what I want to.

My main warrior was my nox fencer. At the moment I am not liking the template as much as I use to 6 years ago.

My fencer: (Without armor)
Race: Elf
Stats
STR: 100
DEX: 125
INT: 30

Skills:
Anatomy - 100.0
Fencing - 120.0
Healing - 100.0
Parrying - 115.0
Poisoning - 80.0
Resisting Spells - 105.0
Tactics - 100.0

Not too sure but I was thinking of maybe doing a Sampire, but not sure what skills to lose and what to keep. Poisoning could go obviously. Healing as well I guess from what I have read. That would open up 180 skill points, which I could put parrying to 120 and resist spells to 120. That is 160 leftover.

Is Anatomy needed if healing is gone?

I do have an old Necro char

Evaluating Intelligence - 100.0
Inscription - 100.0
Magery - 100.0
Meditation - 100.0
Necromancy - 110.0
Resisting Spells - 100.0
Spirit Speak - 110.0

Total - 720.0

So I could take necro from there since I really only use her for scroll production.

My last warrior was more of a PvM role-playing elf.
Anatomy - 110.0
Chivalry - 85.0
Healing - 82.6
Lumberjacking - 100.0
Resisting Spells - 110.0
Swordsmanship - 115.0
Tactics - 110.0
Total - 712.6

This char I was thinking of doing away with and making more of a straight mule char.

Any info on updating these old characters would be appreciated.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
First, what is your play style? Are you looking to PvM or PvP?

BuzzTB

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I mostly do PvM. I have never been a real brave hunter though haha. I play mainly as a mule and my warriors have been resource collectors with low to mid strength monster capability.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id go for a sampire..with the right weapons and armor there is little challenge to most MOBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you have a soulstone? If not, it is a must to move skills around.

I agree the sampire is the most versatile PvM warrior in the game. There are other good builds, but I agree with starting there. So take your 115 Swords and start from there. Your first major purchase needs to be a 120 Swords Power Scroll. Get a bladed staff with:

20 SSI
44 HSL
44 HML (which converts to something based on your SSI)
44 HLD
40 DI

That basic weapon can be imbued cheap. Enhance with dull copper for more durability.

BuzzTB

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Do you have a soulstone? If not, it is a must to move skills around.

I agree the sampire is the most versatile PvM warrior in the game. There are other good builds, but I agree with starting there. So take your 115 Swords and start from there. Your first major purchase needs to be a 120 Swords Power Scroll. Get a bladed staff with:

20 SSI
44 HSL
44 HML (which converts to something based on your SSI)
44 HLD
40 DI

That basic weapon can be imbued cheap. Enhance with dull copper for more durability.
I did just get 1 soulstone as my vet reward, was thinking about grabbing a second one.

So the Lumberjack Swordsman would be better to turn into a Sampire?.

With this build do you max out Necro and Bushido? I know Bushido might benefit more from 120.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can run with just 99 necro which is enough to get into vamp form. I would definitely go with 120 bushido also.

BuzzTB

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So if I would use my fencer

Anatomy - 100.0
Fencing - 120.0
Parrying - 115.0
Resisting Spells - 105.0
Tactics - 100.0
Bushido - 120
Necro - 60 + Jewelry
Total - 720.0

Do I need anatomy with Healing gone? I cannot remember the damage boost from anatomy.

swellz69

Visitor
My Necro Fencer:

120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
120 Fencing
100 Poisoning
20 Focus

I am basically a Sampire without Chivalry, Bushido and Parry.

I use Parasitic Poison on Infectious Strike for major heals, Vampire bat, Curse weapon and any of the necro forms.
Everything works extremely well with the others skills and SS for even more heals.

Try it on test center.

I also run Fencing mastery.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My Necro Fencer:

120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
120 Fencing
100 Poisoning
20 Focus

I am basically a Sampire without Chivalry, Bushido and Parry.

I use Parasitic Poison on Infectious Strike for major heals, Vampire bat, Curse weapon and any of the necro forms.
Everything works extremely well with the others skills and SS for even more heals.

Try it on test center.

I also run Fencing mastery.
Can you tell more about what are you fighting, how and how big is poison damage in PVM? And this potions need lots of parasitic plants. How to return those costs?