• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning, havent played since AoS

Murzam

Visitor
So as the title states I have not played UO since age of shadows. Lots has changed and I have numerous questions. first and foremost I notice that the population has taken a large hit and for east coast servers Atlantic seems to be the place to be. All my toons are on catskills not that any of them are very good. I did make my warrior into a sampire at the suggestion of a friend and he gave me a semi decent suit for him but no real weapons...I also have a tamer with a bonded GD and I went and got me a decent Cu today but it is untrained and unbonded. I guess the first thing I am looking for is what is an efficient way to make plenty of gold so I can really trick out my sampire? Also I was reading somewhere that the heavier armor (IE plate) would reduce the amount of stamina you lose when hit by a monster?I ask because my samp was handed woodland armor but I noticed he struggle against miasma or a GD because they chunk off his stam.So if this thing I read about armor is true maybe I should try and get some metal armor?

PS thanks for any advice ahead of time, also your time and effort in helping me out will be greatly appreciated!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You may want to log in on Cats and let people know you are back. My primary shard is Baja and always will be but the people on Cats are by far some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Murzam

Visitor
You may want to log in on Cats and let people know you are back. My primary shard is Baja and always will be but the people on Cats are by far some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Yeah Iv tried that at varying times with little success, seems maybe the population is at rock bottom.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Iv tried that at varying times with little success, seems maybe the population is at rock bottom.
The thing is, you could say that about most of the servers. Atlantic has quite a few people on it running around still. I don't play on the other servers as much. If you were on Atlantic, I could personally help you. The pub update for 81 I believe is what changed the game mechanics somewhat so that you get more protection while swinging in plate.

This makes sense, when you think about real life if a warrior is swinging in full plate mail and they get hit, they will withstand the hit better. Cloth or leather armor, a hit in the wrong place would spell death usually.

Murzam

Visitor
The thing is, you could say that about most of the servers. Atlantic has quite a few people on it running around still. I don't play on the other servers as much. If you were on Atlantic, I could personally help you. The pub update for 81 I believe is what changed the game mechanics somewhat so that you get more protection while swinging in plate.

This makes sense, when you think about real life if a warrior is swinging in full plate mail and they get hit, they will withstand the hit better. Cloth or leather armor, a hit in the wrong place would spell death usually.
Thanks for the info!