• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning after Five Years

N

NutbagTheCat

Hello

I just reactivated my account after five years of inactivity. I started playing UO just after the release, back in the days of Dread Lords and plate mages. I have very fond memories of the freedom and adventure offered by this game.

I am wondering where the population spends most of their time now. West Brit bank is dead, on both facets. I play on the pacific server, and i've been running around without seeing a soul. So wheres the fun now?

I'm not familiar with any of the past few expansions. I sort of remember doom being released, but i quite short there after.

Another question, one of my accounts ( i have three ) still has a house standing. Why?

Any insight into how to re acclimate myself with the UO world would help.

M

meridus

Welcome back!

On Pacific the main bank is now in Luna. I have a public library not far from there. Feel free to use it to get around.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well usually west brit bank is filled with people but depends on time of day as well. A lot has changed since you played. I myself have quit and returned a few times so I feel your pain.

The game still offers all the freedom as before and top items are much easier to acquire than before. There's still PLENTY of pvp and most of that takes place at Yew gate or champ spawns (mainly despise). Trammel guilds usually spend a lotta time in Doom or running Peerless which is a main boss you summon after fulfilling certain criteria. I play on Atlantic myself but I do know there are still plenty of active players on the Pacific shard. At the previous Town Hall out West, a lot of players from Pacific spoke up so they definitely do exist. :)

A lot of people have gone thru what you mention above. They quit UO for a while to play the new hot game only to find out how limited they are by comparasion. UO is taking some turns for the better lately and there's a new expansion coming out next year with LOADS of new material. It might seem like a lot to learn and very overwhelming but I quit right after AoS and returned a year ago so from personal experience I can def say it's doable.

L

Lord Drakelord

Another question, one of my accounts ( i have three ) still has a house standing. Why?
WOW! Five years and still standing, call your self lucky and log in on that account to see if you got Vet rewards coming as well.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!!!!!!! On Lake Superior the usual hangout is either Luna bank, New Haven or West Brit Bank (depending on the time and day)

N

NutbagTheCat

Why?

Why do you still play?

If your answer is, you don't play anymore. Then i pose to you:

Why still troll the forums?

Its part nostalgia, part boredom. But the real thing is that i love the way UO is set up. Player housing, open skills, freedom to do what you'd like. The lack of a level system is a huge plus for me. There are many things in UO that are not found in any other MMO. I am forever searching for a new game attempting to emulate the magic found in Ultima, but to no avail. There is a certain charm present in this game not found anywhere else.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why?

Why do you still play?

Its part nostalgia, part boredom. But the real thing is that i love the way UO is set up. Player housing, open skills, freedom to do what you'd like. The lack of a level system is a huge plus for me. There are many things in UO that are not found in any other MMO. I am forever searching for a new game attempting to emulate the magic found in Ultima, but to no avail. There is a certain charm present in this game not found anywhere else.
Well put!!! Not to mention the fact that it is, oh I don't know, YOUR CHOICE??? LoL

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why?

Why do you still play?

you should start roleplaying on atlantic!

B

Budweiser

Why?

Why do you still play?

I do still play....because i have friends in uo and my guild.. i play very little however. and if i hadn't played for five years i sure as hell wouldn't be returning to this game, or fishing here for reasons or answers to my return.

I just 120'd Forum trolling btw....:gee:

N

NutbagTheCat

I do still play....because i have friends in uo and my guild.. i play very little however. and if i hadn't played for five years i sure as hell wouldn't be returning to this game, or fishing here for reasons or answers to my return.

I just 120'd Forum trolling btw....:gee:
Fishing for reasons or answers to my return? In the post you just made, you quoted my exact reasons for returning. I am simply asking how best to return to the world of Britannia as smoothly as possible.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing for reasons or answers to my return? In the post you just made, you quoted my exact reasons for returning. I am simply asking how best to return to the world of Britannia as smoothly as possible.
And there are plenty of nice folks who will help you out...ignore the rest lol

good luck!

R

RedDaTeef

Easy cupcake, easy..just a simply question of curiosity. rolleyes:

T

The Home Guild

Transfer to atlantic shard.Come see everyone at wbb.
Most popular shard.
great people,great pvp,great fun.
Goodluck and welcome back.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back.

The "hangout" places vary a lot by shard. Most of the likely suspects were already named by others.

While UO is still (direct quote from a Mythic employee) "wildly profitable," UO's population is definitely down from its peak, and I haven't heard of Pacific being one of the more populated shards...Sorry.

If you quit after Doom's appearance, that means you quit right after Age of Shadows, the expansion that changed everything.

Here is a list of expansions:

http://www.uoguide.com/Expansions

That, and the links contained therein, will give you the rundown on most of what you've missed.

Welcome back...The game's still fun. Don't let these boards fool you.

-Galen's player

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! :)

I returned about a year ago, after about a 5 year break, although it took me a few months to really have time to start playing regularly. I found new friends that have helped me adjust to all the changes, and I am having lots of fun. As are most things, your UO experience is definately what you want to make of it.

Hope you have lots of fun and have many adventures!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back Cat!

I suggest you get 100 houses, they are great fun!

Nah, one or two will do. :)