• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning after 12 years?

AkashaA|B

Visitor
Hiya, Havent played UO on official servers since about the Samurai Empire release. I was mainly from Siege Perilous and Lake Austin but have played several servers. I have some quick questions. Is there a publicly accepted and used Discord channel? What is the population like these days? Any advice on sites I should bookmark? Prices for things are drastically different because of inflation. Is there any resource to kind of know the accepted price for items. I remember back then we used a website called tradespot etc. Any other advice? Is there a site to check on server status? Like if its down etc.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of the servers might appear "dead" compared to when you last played. Don't let this put you off as many still have good community's. Atlantic is the most active/busy shard.

As for discord channels I think most guilds have there own vent/teamspeak/discord servers along with map.

As for prices of stuff we now have vendor search which is amazing and can be used to check prices of items in game.

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hiya, Havent played UO on official servers since about the Samurai Empire release. I was mainly from Siege Perilous and Lake Austin but have played several servers. I have some quick questions. Is there a publicly accepted and used Discord channel? What is the population like these days? Any advice on sites I should bookmark? Prices for things are drastically different because of inflation. Is there any resource to kind of know the accepted price for items. I remember back then we used a website called tradespot etc. Any other advice? Is there a site to check on server status? Like if its down etc.

I remember Tradespot.

AkashaA|B

Visitor
If I buy time of legends, does that include all previous content or do I need to buy each individual expansion?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If I buy time of legends, does that include all previous content or do I need to buy each individual expansion?
You need to buy each expansion.

Welcome back to the game. I do suggest you come to Atlantic, as it is the busiest shard with the largest population. Many of the other servers will appear to be dead.

My guild has a dedicated TeamSpeak sever that you would be welcome to use if you were interested in joining the guild. More information can be found here: United We Fight [UWF]

Good luck and let us know of any additional questions you may have :)