• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return of a Death Knight?

L

Lenora

This afternoon, I was continuing my research of the surviving Magincia texts with help from Jexa, whose insight into ancient vampiric texts is proving quite helpful. Our conversation roamed from ancient languages to immortal beings (of which she is one), and drifted into my previous research of the Death Knights.

For those of you who are unaware, of the original nine Death Knights, only one, Daine, is known to have escaped the darkness and return to mortality. She lives quietly in PaxLair city once more, though she is much changed.

Jexa informed me, to my great surprize, that Lord Rhydian, another Death Knight and Daine's father, is not currently resting in Gehenna with the others. Instead, he is living in a second body, an alternate form, alive in Sosaria! He now goes by the name of Vype. Jexa arranged a meeting between Vype and myself, where I answered many of his questions about the past, as he had little recollection.

I took him to the Mage Tower Library in PaxLair where he read up on Death Knight history. He had many questions, and then seemed upset; perhaps puzzled or disturbed by his own past.

He asked that I inform all PaxLair citizens of his return. When asked about his purpose, he offered one simple word: forgiveness.

Please be welcoming, but until we know more about his purpose, and until we know for sure that he is, at least temporarily, free of the control of his master in Gehenna, I advise everyone to be on your guard.

Knowledge be with you,

Lenora of Yew