• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Retiring thief looking for new template

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So thief classes are extremely boring now. With everything being insured and most action in Fel is spent running around, there really isn't much excitement any longer.
I think it's time to turn in my GM Snooping/Stealing in favor of some other skills. I'd like the focus to be primarily on Ninjitsu. Here is his current template:

100 Magery
100 Med
120 Ninjitsu
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Snooping
100 Stealing

I'd like to consider swapping out Magery, Med, Snooping, and Stealing and making him focused on a dexxer play style.
What are some good Ninjitsu templates for PvP or PvM? I'm also open to the idea of keeping him a caster.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Try check out - UO a black ninja - on YouTube. Fun build!

Be blessed in all your adventures!
Spellbreaker

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The question is way too vast to begin answering. Most any Ninja template designed for PvP should have little/no problem with PvM. Are you intending to keep Hiding/Stealth?

Fights aren't won by having the best template but by having the best tactics and being prepared. I would recommend taking your best geared character (minimum of 120 melee defense, all 70's, 45 DCI, 150 HP - 2/6 if a caster) and getting killed by lots of different people, see how effective what they're doing is.

If you've been playing a thief for any length of time you're probably less used to actually trying to stay in combat with people and should get used to that.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So thief classes are extremely boring now. With everything being insured and most action in Fel is spent running around, there really isn't much excitement any longer.
I think it's time to turn in my GM Snooping/Stealing in favor of some other skills. I'd like the focus to be primarily on Ninjitsu. Here is his current template:

100 Magery
100 Med
120 Ninjitsu
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Snooping
100 Stealing

I'd like to consider swapping out Magery, Med, Snooping, and Stealing and making him focused on a dexxer play style.
What are some good Ninjitsu templates for PvP or PvM? I'm also open to the idea of keeping him a caster.
Do you have any experience as a dexxer style stealth? Tracking can also be good depending on what build you are thinking, in order to complement pvp.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a PvM/PvP ninja build for Siege.

120 Fencing
110 Ninja (120 when I get scroll)
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Tac
100 Necro
100 SS

I went with fencing for the faster swing with lower Dex. Fencing has three weapons for Shadow Strike. Need atleast 90 tactics for both specials on weapon.

Ninjitsu: Animal Forms, Smoke Bombs, Focus Attack, Mirror Images, and death strike.

Necro: Wraith form, Wither, Strangle, poison strike, evil omen, curse weapon

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a 120 ninja for you on Siege if you like. Won't overcharge you either!