• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resurrecting Old Man's Doom Train

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the changes to Doom, and there being a reason to collect artifacts again, would there be any interest in renewing Old Man's Doom Train? I could host it at the same time it used to be held, but only if there is any interest

My only selfish request is that I be allowed to yell "One DF at a time!"

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am interested. You can even say "All Aboard!"

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am interested for sure. I'll be at the train station when I can make it. Thanks for doing this Sluggy. *puts the salt back in the cellar*.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The previous schedule: leave Delucia at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time every Sunday morning. Old Man would cast gate at 11:00 a.m. on the dot, near the bank.

I hear Linda, former governor of Moonglow, is interested.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Three crashes in under 24 hours is not a good sign. We may want to wait until the shard is stable before venturing into Doom.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Three crashes in under 24 hours is not a good sign. We may want to wait until the shard is stable before venturing into Doom.
Very true, but seeing as how that would be the smart, prudent thing to do, I plan on doing the exact opposite. Doom Train at Delucia 2pm eastern today (if Baja is even up) be there or be smart!

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some observations I've made about the changes here, hope it helps:

Room 1 hasn't changed that I've noticed, can still be solo'd by a sampy, IF you can keep them apart when there is more than 1
Room 2 The fleshrenderers typically don't hit hard, but they do go yellow, and upon returning to grey they will teleport to last target and hit for 93 damage, plus dp. They are also immune to AI
Room 3 Impalers are much faster, teleport like crazy and cast blood oath every 2 seconds Also immune to AI
Room 4 I believe they are immune to AI but no other changes I noticed
Room 5 Abysmal Horrors are even easier than before it seems

Dark Fathers now spawn blood elementals (bad for those using demon slayers) and ancient lich lords. They do seem a bit faster but no harder to kill

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We know the risk....and you can't leave Baja.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Vows to hunt down Sluggy when the shard comes back up*
hahahahahaha!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:
Please remember to submit your feedback about your experiences with the revamped Doom gauntlet, and/or with any other Pub 96 content.
[email protected] subject=Publish 96 Feedback

Be reasonably polite (because Mesanna does not respond well to nastiness).

List problems and propose changes (because computer programmers are list- and goal-oriented, and aren't mind-readers. If you don't say what it is that you want, you're not going to get it.)

-- and do it quickly, otherwise this Pub 96 will be going worldwide without any further adjustment.

Your feedback is important. Your skills and equipment are different from mine, therefore you will have had a different experience than I did. You're also nicer than I am, and as I mentioned above, Mesanna does not respond well to nastiness.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the verdict? Are we going to attempt it again this fine day?

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am willing to give it another try.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We couldn't make a useful amount of progress against the darkfathers with eight people and two dragons.
o In two hours I did not get a drop.
o Having the darkfathers repeatedly disappear to clump back in the middle with all their spawned monsters made it too hard for us to concentrate on one.
o Not fun.

How this could be fixed:
o Don't tether the darkfathers at all.
o Increase drop rate so that everyone in the party can get one item every hour, as it used to be

While you're fixing that, also fix:
o Reduce the frequency, and duration of the fleshrenderers going yellow. How about every thirty seconds, and can remain yellow for one second?