• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Restricting Player Classes *READ*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Now as many of you know alot of the recent events are screwing over alot of the hardworked skills and templates of this game, allowing the ones that already get the event drops, to continue to get them over and over more easily even without a challenge.

When you work your charc and pay a monthly fee to enjoy a game and what comes inside the game, which you guys host your events to try to keep the community happy, you try to make it so everyone can play their templates and enjoy the game with their class.. right?

Well lately it seems you guys have had so much hate for Tamers, its becoming almost 100% pointless to even attend the events, as you guys have completly ruined a great many peoples enjoyment towards even wanting to try to go, for one you have to sit there and go through tons of story line, that is 50/50 at best being enjoyable, then you get to the boss and you either do zero damage with your pets, or they screw the entire event over now?

Before someone responds, why dont you play another class, I have plenty of classes and can play multiple charcs aswell and I do, aside from that one should be able to play what they want to play to enjoy the game... that they pay for.

As small as this games community is, restricting and making certain templates worthless, ruins your overall community, specially when your ruining the ones that are harder to make and play then sitting there casting Word of Death when its low on life, basicly sealing the deal on the event drop.

So why dont you stop making it so certain classes cant even attend the events, or announce before hand so people can have the chance to switch to something else, otherwise your gonna keep loseing peoples interest in even wanting to come to them.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id like to add, at the very least you should give us some sort of calculator or method to being better. There is so much mystery surrounding the boss and how to kill him that we rarely know what toon to bring. Most the time i just bring a basic mage so i can gate people to all the locations and rez people that are trying to enjoy the event. It has become abundantly clear that certain toons will continue to kill the boss better than the rest of us. I have no problem with that, except for the fact that there is no information to help anyone get better at these events.

Make more information public and I will completely support whatever event or boss you want to have. But quite simply when people whine about not getting a drop or not "getting" the event and you respond with "get better" That does nothing for us except make us aggravated.

Please tell us how to get better and start releasing information about how much dmg was done and by who. How much healing was done and by who. If the game accounts for it to give a drop to the best you can give us a report on it.

With that, Thank you for putting the time and energy in to run these events. I know it can be hard and seemingly pointless sometimes.

SIde note, it doesnt help that the same people get drops over and over.

Thank you for your time and energy,

Scribbles

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Really? Wow
Yep, mostly now days we get to play around with NPCs, that barley give instructions to where to go without putting in lots of effort and even at that most times they are glitchy and/or people are spamming them like crazy, so what real story can you pick up on anyhow now days, besides 50x of the same line over and over.

Might be fun for you, but if you havent noticed a great many people have been giving up on events lately, but then again of course you wouldnt care regardless... :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, mostly now days we get to play around with NPCs, that barley give instructions to where to go without putting in lots of effort and even at that most times they are glitchy and/or people are spamming them like crazy, so what real story can you pick up on anyhow now days, besides 50x of the same line over and over.

Might be fun for you, but if you havent noticed a great many people have been giving up on events lately, but then again of course you wouldnt care regardless... :)
I wouldn't care? People giving up on events? I'm sorry what shards are YOU going to? I attend events on EVERY shard, and the crowds are the same, if not bigger than what they have always been. Some days/hours are smaller or bigger, but for the most part its been exactly the same for years now.

Oracles aren't hard to figure out, sorry some of us can breeze through them, even then how OFTEN are they even used? Just pay attention to the EM, use the chat channel, and you should be good to go.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't care? People giving up on events? I'm sorry what shards are YOU going to? I attend events on EVERY shard, and the crowds are the same, if not bigger than what they have always been. Some days/hours are smaller or bigger, but for the most part its been exactly the same for years now.

Oracles aren't hard to figure out, sorry some of us can breeze through them, even then how OFTEN are they even used? Just pay attention to the EM, use the chat channel, and you should be good to go.

What shard are you on?

Because ive attended every event you have and if you actually looked to care, most of the people that attended with us, no longer even bother.

I pay attention to everything and I am sure others do aswell, so its pointless to try that line.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well lately it seems you guys have had so much hate for Tamers, its becoming almost 100% pointless to even attend the events, as you guys have completly ruined a great many peoples enjoyment towards even wanting to try to go, for one you have to sit there and go through tons of story line, that is 50/50 at best being enjoyable, then you get to the boss and you either do zero damage with your pets, or they screw the entire event over now?
Hang on a second here, this is 100% bull. I am a tamer to the CORE. Every event I attend I do so on a tamer. This event like all the others I attended on Kreepy Kinslayer... Tamer/Mage/Spellweaver. Once I saw the boss ate pets for lunch and it put him at full health I mounted my Cu and started healing those taking damage and when none of the bars I had pulled needed healed I hit it with a fireball. I rezzed dead folks, and died twice myself. By doing that I got enough "points" on the boss to get looting rights and in the process a drop. To say they have made it to where using the tamer pointless to take to events is wrong. What difference does it make if you are healing your personal meat shield (aka Greater Dragon) or some meat shield being played by anther character (aka dexxer)? The macros are the same, the process is the same.. just a different target. Now before folks run off saying "Well you WoD'ed it at the end and got the points".... I will tell you flat out I only had enough mana left for a single WoD at the end and that only did 400ish points of damage.

As far as the story arc goes.. .there are LOTS of folks out here who love (and I mean LOVE) the plot lines and finding stuff out along the way. If there are those folks who are put off by it or just outright abhor it, I would suggest sitting it out at a bank or somewhere, be in the chat channel and catch up after the majority of the plot line is done.

When it comes to the "calculator" or release of data on who gets what... I am no programmer but even I can imagine how much of a pita that would be to try to get up and running. That would require a pretty good bit of Dev work. I would much prefer them to stay on the content, fixing bug side than programming something as useless as who does what damage to which bosses. If folks feel like they are not doing enough damage, then adjust your suits. Hit the respective boards and find out what kind of gear others are using. If they will not tell you on the boards pull their PD in game and check it out for yourself. It is no big conspiracy on what folks are utilizing to get insanely increased power.

Same folks getting drops? Honestly I can not even begin to tell you how long ago it was that I actually got a drop. The last one I can remember was the very end of the Jimmy Nardello plot line, and that has been quite some time ago. But, I have worked on my suit in the last month to increase some things. But for me having fun at an event is not determined by getting a drop or not... only about the plot and fun that happens during it... and yes I even have a blast at the events I attend and I leave 20 corpses littering the ground :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Great many giving up on them? Ummmmm... that was a large crowd for 11pm at night :/ ... and there were more than a few who showed up at EM hall at midnight est thinking it was 11 est.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hang on a second here, this is 100% bull. I am a tamer to the CORE. Every event I attend I do so on a tamer. This event like all the others I attended on Kreepy Kinslayer... Tamer/Mage/Spellweaver. Once I saw the boss ate pets for lunch and it put him at full health I mounted my Cu and started healing those taking damage and when none of the bars I had pulled needed healed I hit it with a fireball. I rezzed dead folks, and died twice myself. By doing that I got enough "points" on the boss to get looting rights and in the process a drop. To say they have made it to where using the tamer pointless to take to events is wrong. What difference does it make if you are healing your personal meat shield (aka Greater Dragon) or some meat shield being played by anther character (aka dexxer)? The macros are the same, the process is the same.. just a different target. Now before folks run off saying "Well you WoD'ed it at the end and got the points".... I will tell you flat out I only had enough mana left for a single WoD at the end and that only did 400ish points of damage.

As far as the story arc goes.. .there are LOTS of folks out here who love (and I mean LOVE) the plot lines and finding stuff out along the way. If there are those folks who are put off by it or just outright abhor it, I would suggest sitting it out at a bank or somewhere, be in the chat channel and catch up after the majority of the plot line is done.

When it comes to the "calculator" or release of data on who gets what... I am no programmer but even I can imagine how much of a pita that would be to try to get up and running. That would require a pretty good bit of Dev work. I would much prefer them to stay on the content, fixing bug side than programming something as useless as who does what damage to which bosses. If folks feel like they are not doing enough damage, then adjust your suits. Hit the respective boards and find out what kind of gear others are using. If they will not tell you on the boards pull their PD in game and check it out for yourself. It is no big conspiracy on what folks are utilizing to get insanely increased power.

Same folks getting drops? Honestly I can not even begin to tell you how long ago it was that I actually got a drop. The last one I can remember was the very end of the Jimmy Nardello plot line, and that has been quite some time ago. But, I have worked on my suit in the last month to increase some things. But for me having fun at an event is not determined by getting a drop or not... only about the plot and fun that happens during it... and yes I even have a blast at the events I attend and I leave 20 corpses littering the ground :)

There has been 9 events, to where Tamers have not been able to do anything, either they do 0-6 damage if that, or do no damage at all, so you must have missed quite a few events bud.

Ask Solus how many event items hes missed, even when hes dead 90% of the time. :)

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great many giving up on them? Ummmmm... that was a large crowd for 11pm at night :/ ... and there were more than a few who showed up at EM hall at midnight est thinking it was 11 est.
No there wasnt, there was very few and you both need to stop adding in other shards players coming over to our server and doing events as we do to theirs, our main core players whom have played on this server for years, are giving up.. can be blind and think other wise if you want.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There has been 9 events, to where Tamers have not been able to do anything, either they do 0-6 damage if that, or do no damage at all, so you must have missed quite a few events bud.
Nah, not here lately I haven't missed hardly any at all. But if I see I am only doing 0-6 damage I heal the player controlled meat shields. The Devs have made it to where healers get rights just as much as those doing damage.... and last I knew the rewards were split for each table. Certain number for highest attacker and certain number for highest healer. The problem is most folks only have a mindset for attacking and do not want to take a support role and assist folks doing the damage.....

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nah, not here lately I haven't missed hardly any at all. But if I see I am only doing 0-6 damage I heal the player controlled meat shields. The Devs have made it to where healers get rights just as much as those doing damage.... and last I knew the rewards were split for each table. Certain number for highest attacker and certain number for highest healer. The problem is most folks only have a mindset for attacking and do not want to take a support role and assist folks doing the damage.....
Listen bud, my main is a Bard/Tamer I heal constantly aswell, so dont think that many people just sit there aswell.

We arent sitting here talking about healing because everyone I see in the back rezzing, healing pets/people never get a darn thing either, not to mention the amount of our players whom have actually given up on going because they have gotten nothing from sitting back there healing, ever since the thumper event almost a year ago.

Before you start saying oh we got tons of people, they are players from other shards, you can count them with us if you want, however our Atlantic community doesnt attend as much as they use to.

As a Bard/Tamer cant even disco, and bard spellsong does no damage.

I have a Mystic... I use him alot aswell.

I have a Dexer/Paladin... I use him alot there aswell.

I myself run two accounts normally every event.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I myself run two accounts normally every event.

Ahhh see... now to me that makes it look like you are upset that you can't just leave your tamer afk in the back where he is safe while your GD attacks and you actually play the second character. By doing so trying to get the chance at two drops. If I am wrong I offer my apologies, I just know how difficult it is to actually do an EM Event on one character. Ya may wanna consider just running one.. that old saying of "One in the hand is better than two in the bush" very may well hold true. *shrugs*

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ahhh see... now to me that makes it look like you are upset that you can't just leave your tamer afk in the back where he is safe while your GD attacks and you actually play the second character. By doing so trying to get the chance at two drops. If I am wrong I offer my apologies, I just know how difficult it is to actually do an EM Event on one character. Ya may wanna consider just running one.. that old saying of "One in the hand is better than two in the bush" very may well hold true. *shrugs*
Oh yes, its so easy to just leave a Tamer afk on the boss right?

Since it does massive damage and normally has area effects... now I do wonder how many events you have attended since you made them comments. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No. I said that it makes me think you are upset that you are unable to do it that way with the "anti-tamer" bosses you are talking about..

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No. I said that it makes me think you are upset that you are unable to do it that way with the "anti-tamer" bosses you are talking about..
I am upset that I cant play one of my classes, when all the other classes can still play theirs with ease, wouldnt you be upset if you had your class that you enjoyed most and played for 10+ years nerfed hardcore during events, which are suppose to be fun for all community players that attend?

I have toughed it out, like many and kept quiet about it, and yet again we had another tamer hate event.

Why dont they make a caster nerfed Boss? Or maybe 100% melee nerfed boss?

Why just tamers and summoners? :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can't really speak to EM Taweret as much because she has only done a few events... but EM Bennu has a track record for mixing it up rather well (there has been a few bosses he used that pwned the dexxers). He has even made stealing useful at a couple of events. In my opinion EM Taweret, in the short time she has been running the events, has shown that same type mentality already and I would only imagine that increases as she continues. I think we all know Bennu's dedication to making the program a success to the best of his ability and Taweret is demonstrating that same mentality as she did tonight by making an attempt to ensure the "crowd" was able to stay along side those that want to blaze through and leave everyone behind.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can't really speak to EM Taweret as much because she has only done a few events... but EM Bennu has a track record for mixing it up rather well (there has been a few bosses he used that pwned the dexxers). He has even made stealing useful at a couple of events. In my opinion EM Taweret, in the short time she has been running the events, has shown that same type mentality already and I would only imagine that increases as she continues. I think we all know Bennu's dedication to making the program a success to the best of his ability and Taweret is demonstrating that same mentality as she did tonight by making an attempt to ensure the "crowd" was able to stay along side those that want to blaze through and leave everyone behind.
Um if you recall tonights event, it was "blazed" through very quickly without any summons or tamers... there wasnt even enough time to switch charcs to get a different charc in the time it started, to the time you would have needed to time out to get another charc.

The running around process was 2x as long.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well, the blazed through I was talking about was the running around process. Her last event some folks were just blazing past points where we should have stopped just to get to the final boss at the end. She was trying to quell that some to make it fairer for everyone to get to the final boss at the same time. That is why she had the oracles around and did not activate them until a large chunk of the crowd was present.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, the blazed through I was talking about was the running around process. Her last event some folks were just blazing past points where we should have stopped just to get to the final boss at the end. She was trying to quell that some to make it fairer for everyone to get to the final boss at the same time. That is why she had the oracles around and did not activate them until a large chunk of the crowd was present.
Heh I dont want to judge someone all im doing here is saying the hate for one class is most annoying and yes its been happening under her reign for awhile.

I can understand it once in a great while, but its going on to often now there is more Gargoyle Throwers and Mystic Mages then tamers, so why not give them some hate instead since they are so much more easier to make and play? :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry i can not have these heated debates going on on the EM forums. Please Continue your discussion on the Atlantic forum in a civilized manner. :)

T

Tazar

Personally - I quit going to events - but it's not due to any of the reasons that Zhuge mentioned... it is due to:

1.) A total lack of respect for the other players there - and for the EM.
2.) Too much lag - even though I have a relatively top notch system and internet connection.

I'd rather be with a few good friends than in a large crowd of folk with a portion of them acting up just to cause problems for others.

Honestly - I think the above are much bigger factors than template.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there watching last night and I am actually pretty proud of Taweret and happy with how her event went last night.

Let's have a heart-to-heart tell the truth moment.

#1: The event had about 40 people to start, and ended with around 60 people. For a Thursday late night time slotted event, that is a very successful crowd size.

Taweret and I are working together to spread out the time slots, reward drops and event. I am still running the two prime time event slots every month and she is picking up a day time and a night time slot every month. This means that players in the myriad of time zones get to play events, have a chance at the occasional item and enjoy the EM program that previously could not due to time zone concerns. I imagine my own 8pm EST standard is pretty difficult for people in PST time zone, this is remedied by Taweret's 11pm est timed slot. The two of us have worked very hard on this schedule to maximize the participation across all aspects of the Atlantic Community.

#2: Mobs are different, every event is a surprise. Atlantic does not support the 'loot pinata' or 'EM slot machine' stereotype. This is Atlantic you WILL have to work, interact, evolve and/or otherwise participate to be rewarded for your efforts.

I could throw up the same Stygian Dragon or Slasher every other event every event, clap my hands and say "Deuces!" and the players would figure that out and bring a certain template. That is not the point of the events. I have had acid based mobs that totally destroy dexers, their armor, and their weapons and by the end of the fight they are fighting naked. I have had Aura based mobs which totally liquified anyone within 5 tiles or so of the boss. I have had events where there were four 1 of 1 items that only could be obtained by thieves. I have also used 'eat pet' on mobs before. None of those were an attempt to 'shut out' a particular class. Variety is important for a variety of reasons.

#3: The Job of an EM is not to make sure you as an individual have the best possible opportunity at an event item drop.

As an EM my job is about 60% events and about 40% community support, 2+ events a month, weddings, the new governor system, a multitude of monthly emailed requests and several other community systems that Mesanna has asked Atlantic to start working on mean that both Taweret and I are pretty dang busy. Our job is to foster events, fiction and promote an interest in the game world, and both of us are doing a pretty dang good job at it. It is not to make sure that every individual has the best chance at items every single event. There will be dexxer events, there will be tamer events, there will be melee events, there will be ranged events, there will be events where thieves have a better chance at items... the balance is NOT at each event, the balance is a general one over multiple events and arcs. Also, Atlantic has 25 to 35 Greater Dragons show up at EVERY event, I don't think the tamer play style is hurting on Atlantic. Which brings up another point.

#4: As a tamer you should be controlling your pet.

When a larger server such as Atlantic, Great Lakes or elsewhere has an event it is pretty much expected that 30 greater dragons are going to show up. A majority of folks are polite and have their dragon stay in the back until a fight starts. However there is always a few that block the voting stone with their dragon, cover up plot elements, block reward givers, put the King on follow, has their dragon humping the crowd/having a seizure, sit on top of the RPC or otherwise have their dragons massive butt in the middle of everything for no purpose other than laziness or grief. Until that stops or there is another solution found, Taweret and I will continue to do what we can for the betterment of the community at large.

#5: Taming as a play style is not the best way to ensure an event item.

The truth is there is no 'best' way. I think the best way overall the servers currently is throwers? I may be wrong, but with the variety of mob types we have on Atlantic every play style has a chance at an item. Last night 'eat pet' gave people who normally don't get an item a greater chance at one. You cannot min/max your character on Atlantic, I have done my best to guard against that. You have to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right character and the proper amount of skill. This has the effect of different players being rewarded usually, instead of the same 10 people every event.

#6: If you are REALLY complaining because you couldn't play 2 characters at once because of eat pet... it's going to be used more often.

If you are even ABLE to play more than one character at an event fight, then I need to make the fights harder. Much harder. That means more fire, more auras and more trash mobs during the boss... and more eat pet. Thank you for letting me know the fights were too easy.

#7: Lag is a major problem at Atlantic events.

Dragons seem to be a major part of that, if I can run an event every so often that encourages people to not use their dragon, I am going to do it. That doesn't mean we hate tamers or that they are unwanted at events. It means that if you love your tamer you should bring it, but if you have another character you love that one is ok to bring too. See #5. You wanting to AFK farm an EM mob with your tamer alt isn't really on my radar at all, at least in the way you want it to be. See #6.

---

The basis of your complaint is that (a) you felt like your tamer was locked out of the fight at Taweret's event. and (b) you are mad because you couldn't play 2 characters at once and have the maximum chance at an event item on both characters. I find both points not at all based in reality due to the points stated above. To be totally honest, Tamers have an EXCELLENT chance at most EM events or they wouldn't be as popular as they are.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#3: The Job of an EM is not to make sure you as an individual have the best possible opportunity at an event item drop.
As an EM my job is about 60% events and about 40% community support, 2+ events a month, weddings, the new governor system, a multitude of monthly emailed requests and several other community systems that Mesanna has asked Atlantic to start working on mean that both Taweret and I are pretty dang busy. Our job is to foster events, fiction and promote an interest in the game world, and both of us are doing a pretty dang good job at it. It is not to make sure that every individual has the best chance at items every single event. There will be dexxer events, there will be tamer events, there will be melee events, there will be ranged events, there will be events where thieves have a better chance at items... the balance is NOT at each event, the balance is a general one over multiple events and arcs. Also, Atlantic has 25 to 35 Greater Dragons show up at EVERY event, I don't think the tamer play style is hurting on Atlantic. Which brings up another point.

And this.... is what people need to realize.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So why dont you stop making it so certain classes cant even attend the events, or announce before hand so people can have the chance to switch to something else, otherwise your gonna keep loseing peoples interest in even wanting to come to them.

I agree with this 100%! I have six characters and only two of those six are able to even attend these events. We need more things for my thief to do (holy crap, while writing this I just had a really fun idea for a storyline...) almost nothing for my cook to do (seriously, that's his focus is cooking stuff. He's a tavernkeeper) and my blacksmith doesn't even bother to leave the house (since the fourth character is my miner/lumberjack...).

I get that the Tamers seem to have been given the ugly stick lately, I went to the Gargoyle area the other day and my GD couldn't even scratch those void demon things. There are a lot of things like that where I think that people don't like me or something, but to be honest, I can see how using a tamer can have a huge advantage over other playstyles. Your character mostly just holds back and lets the dragon do all the work while you blast a few minions on the side. That basically means you get to powerplay while my fighter is actually up there trying to even find the boss in the middle of the 20 or so GDs there, all of which are fighting over who gets the prize at the end.

Personally, I think that the tamers should suffer the same penalty that they do in the Virtue dungeons, where their pets only factor for a small percentage of the damage that they qualify for. So while your GD is doing 100 dps, it's only counting as 25 or 30 dps. Still quite formidable, but not in the way that tamers are going to get away with not helping in dealing some real damage and helping out more than bringing an NPC with them.

And again, let's have the fishermen and the cooks get a prize now and then ;) Make it so that it's not just the powerplayers who get to take home presents.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What you seem to fail to realize Bennu, is almost all tamers are on foot, when you have 60 people, since you say there is so many tamers, how many Gargoyle throwers do you see at them events, if you attended yesterdays did you see 15 of them aswell? Compared to the what 5 tamers?

So the tamers have to suffer even more specially when there is 100 mobs, ask almost any tamer how he feels on it if you think I am just one person ranting here.

How about Solus, running in and out on his mount able to hit it, run out heal up...

Now there is barley any chance for a tamer, in some of the bosses to even attempt to be able to do that, due to your normally on foot, and during alot of the events that have been recent, as im sure you have witnessed there is very little chance to even live.

You have Gargoyle throwers, able to flap their wings, fly around and DPS the entire time.

You have Mystic/Weavers, able to keep themselves alive long enough to sit there and Word of Death Spam at the end.

#5: Taming as a play style is not the best way to ensure an event item.

The truth is there is no 'best' way. I think the best way overall the servers currently is throwers? I may be wrong, but with the variety of mob types we have on Atlantic every play style has a chance at an item. Last night 'eat pet' gave people who normally don't get an item a greater chance at one. You cannot min/max your character on Atlantic, I have done my best to guard against that. You have to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right character and the proper amount of skill. This has the effect of different players being rewarded usually, instead of the same 10 people every event.

#1: The event had about 40 people to start, and ended with around 60 people. For a Thursday late night time slotted event, that is a very successful crowd size.
Barley 20 were from Atlantic, to which there was a great many people on my ICQ/Steam and Skype list, that didnt even bother to want to attend or go and played other games instead due to they already knew the results of who would get what, now thats pretty sad that they are discourgaed at that and where im discouraged at being restricted multiple times on my Bard/Tamer, keep that in mind if you will not just a Tamer with Eval able to Fireball and blow things up, I use little Bardspell Songs that do no damage to the boss at all, but I am crowd control able to disco the lesser mobs and help others.. to which I do but its pointless now days since its becoming quite useless.

#4: As a tamer you should be controlling your pet.

When a larger server such as Atlantic, Great Lakes or elsewhere has an event it is pretty much expected that 30 greater dragons are going to show up. A majority of folks are polite and have their dragon stay in the back until a fight starts. However there is always a few that block the voting stone with their dragon, cover up plot elements, block reward givers, put the King on follow, has their dragon humping the crowd/having a seizure, sit on top of the RPC or otherwise have their dragons massive butt in the middle of everything for no purpose other than laziness or grief. Until that stops or there is another solution found, Taweret and I will continue to do what we can for the betterment of the community at large.

Blocking stuff with Dragons has been an issue for years, when you restrict one class, which a majority of players play because its easier for them to play and able to sick their dragon on and heal it they attend in greater numbers.. its how its always been its how its gonna be and when they cant play them at the events, will they keep going?

Because most people arent going to switch their charcs.. specially from the one they love to play most.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree with this 100%! I have six characters and only two of those six are able to even attend these events. We need more things for my thief to do (holy crap, while writing this I just had a really fun idea for a storyline...) almost nothing for my cook to do (seriously, that's his focus is cooking stuff. He's a tavernkeeper) and my blacksmith doesn't even bother to leave the house (since the fourth character is my miner/lumberjack...).

I get that the Tamers seem to have been given the ugly stick lately, I went to the Gargoyle area the other day and my GD couldn't even scratch those void demon things. There are a lot of things like that where I think that people don't like me or something, but to be honest, I can see how using a tamer can have a huge advantage over other playstyles. Your character mostly just holds back and lets the dragon do all the work while you blast a few minions on the side. That basically means you get to powerplay while my fighter is actually up there trying to even find the boss in the middle of the 20 or so GDs there, all of which are fighting over who gets the prize at the end.

Personally, I think that the tamers should suffer the same penalty that they do in the Virtue dungeons, where their pets only factor for a small percentage of the damage that they qualify for. So while your GD is doing 100 dps, it's only counting as 25 or 30 dps. Still quite formidable, but not in the way that tamers are going to get away with not helping in dealing some real damage and helping out more than bringing an NPC with them.

And again, let's have the fishermen and the cooks get a prize now and then ;) Make it so that it's not just the powerplayers who get to take home presents.
Tamers can do some damage sometimes, but not always...

Mystic/Weavers can hit for 600+ per hit, 20-40 Fireball/Lightning.

Paladins/Throwers can hit for 100+ per hit per second.

A dragon can hit for 20-30 with Firebreath hitting for 60-70 depending on resist, which is normally packed anyhow so doesnt even get near that for the widdle dwagun.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Tamers can do some damage sometimes, but not always...

Mystic/Weavers can hit for 600+ per hit, 20-40 Fireball/Lightning.

Paladins/Throwers can hit for 100+ per hit per second.

A dragon can hit for 20-30 with Firebreath hitting for 60-70 depending on resist, which is normally packed anyhow so doesnt even get near that for the widdle dwagun.
Well I've gone to several events as a healer. I mostly hold to the edges and get people back to full health and buff them up before they go back to fight. I've done this for six events so far and I have gotten a total of Zero rewards for doing so. And by this post it looks as though you're very aware that your dragon isn't going to be doing the uber damage that everyone else is doing... so you should probably move on and make yourself a paladin or a Mystic/Weaver if you really want the prizes so much.

If all you want is the prize, don't show up with a lightweight, show up with the guy that keeps getting the prizes twin brother and show him how to do his job right. Also, you need Animal Lore, Animal Taming and Vet to be a good tamer, you could EASILY tie in Mystic/Focus/Spellweaving to that build and be able to be doing your dragon's 20-30 and 60-70 plus that 600+ for the Mystic/Weaver stuff.

It looks like you have the numbers already, you just don't want to do anything with them.

*shrugs*

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I've gone to several events as a healer. I mostly hold to the edges and get people back to full health and buff them up before they go back to fight. I've done this for six events so far and I have gotten a total of Zero rewards for doing so. And by this post it looks as though you're very aware that your dragon isn't going to be doing the uber damage that everyone else is doing... so you should probably move on and make yourself a paladin or a Mystic/Weaver if you really want the prizes so much.

If all you want is the prize, don't show up with a lightweight, show up with the guy that keeps getting the prizes twin brother and show him how to do his job right. Also, you need Animal Lore, Animal Taming and Vet to be a good tamer, you could EASILY tie in Mystic/Focus/Spellweaving to that build and be able to be doing your dragon's 20-30 and 60-70 plus that 600+ for the Mystic/Weaver stuff.

It looks like you have the numbers already, you just don't want to do anything with them.

*shrugs*

Read up please.

I have both and play both its the entire fact I wish to play my Bard/Tamer to which many others want to play theirs aswell, Bennu was giving numbers out saying Tamers are beefed up and are basically "ruining" in quick terms the Events.

Which they dont out DPS a Paladin or Thrower, nor a Mystic/Weaver towards the end.

EM Taweret

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran

I prefer to stay quiet and let my events and characters speak for me. However, Bennu is right. The tamers are doing just fine on Atlantic and on other servers. If you can no longer play two characters at once at an event and need to concentrate on one, sounds like I did a good job.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I prefer to stay quiet and let my events and characters speak for me. However, Bennu is right. The tamers are doing just fine on Atlantic and on other servers. If you can no longer play two characters at once at an event and need to concentrate on one, sounds like I did a good job.
Two charcs have no point in this convo at all, you both need to stop dissecting it and focusing on what one person said and how another awnsered.

Focus on the main issue at hand please. :)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sits upon the hoard of event item drops I get at every event*

^ Why is the above true? Because I know how to maximize my output. Guess what? I play a tamer on some shards for events! Helpful hint - Having bard skills on for events is useless, train up SW, put that on for the event, boom you are good to go. Cant use your dragon? HEAL the dexxers tanking (Major healing points) and WOD it when it gets low.

THIS
IS
NOT
HARD

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*sits upon the hoard of event item drops I get at every event*

^ Why is the above true? Because I know how to maximize my output. Guess what? I play a tamer on some shards for events! Helpful hint - Having bard skills on for events is useless, train up SW, put that on for the event, boom you are good to go. Cant use your dragon? HEAL the dexxers tanking (Major healing points) and WOD it when it gets low.

THIS
IS
NOT
HARD

There you go again and yes I do find it funny ive seen you dead 90% of a boss barley ever hitting it and still getting the event drop too. :)

Keep insulting more templates instead of offering help towards them, keep rubbing it in to others on how you play and how your so much better, that really makes them want to keep playing and attending events.

Honey badger.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There you go again and yes I do find it funny ive seen you dead 90% of a boss barley ever hitting it and still getting the event drop too. :)

Keep insulting more templates instead of offering help towards them, keep rubbing it in to others on how you play and how your so much better, that really makes them want to keep playing and attending events.

Honey badger.
Dead 90% of the time? Then you just arent watching, since I hardly die on boss fights.

I am TRYING to help, what is so hard about putting SW on a stone and putting it on for events? You are obviously mad you aren't getting drops, and im telling you exactly how to.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dead 90% of the time? Then you just arent watching, since I hardly die on boss fights.

I am TRYING to help, what is so hard about putting SW on a stone and putting it on for events? You are obviously mad you aren't getting drops, and im telling you exactly how to.
You were dead on her event, in the Wisp dungeon, you died right away to abunch of rotting corpses, you got rezzed towards the end when it was already at around 5%, ran in hit it a few times and bragged you got the drop, to which in the end you did get it apparently.

Do you not remember this? Because 12 of us that attended it in my ventrilo do. :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Focus on the main issue at hand please. :)
"Pay attention to what I'm shaking in this hand! Don't worry about what I'm wearing, or what is in my other hand! That's not what I want to talk about! I know it invalidates my entire argument, ignore it!"

I'm done. I cannot tell if you are serious or trolling but either way there isn't a point for me to continue the conversation.

Re-read what I wrote in my original response, then when you decide you want to respond... read it again, it remains my response to anything else you wish to stay on the topic.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"Pay attention to what I'm shaking in this hand! Don't worry about what I'm wearing, or what is in my other hand! That's not what I want to talk about! I know it invalidates my entire argument, ignore it!"

I'm done. I cannot tell if you are serious or trolling but either way there isn't a point for me to continue the conversation.

Re-read what I wrote in my original response, then when you decide you want to respond... read it again, it remains my response to anything else you wish to stay on the topic.

Bioware Mythic

Cancel Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription for Username *EDITED* has been cancelled via the Account Management site.

That way you no longer need to worry about me playing a second account. ;)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You were dead on her event, in the Wisp dungeon, you died right away to abunch of rotting corpses, you got rezzed towards the end when it was already at around 5%, ran in hit it a few times and bragged you got the drop, to which in the end you did get it apparently.

Do you not remember this? Because 12 of us that attended it in my ventrilo do. :)
I actually got 2 - 1 from each of the bosses that night in the Wisp Dungeon - And boy I sure was not dead as much as you seem to think.

Again, if you want to better optimize your character for events:
1. Stop trying to use two accounts, it obviously isn't working for you
2. Take off your bard skills, put on Spellweaving for events, get your level 6 circle, wait for WOD's + Xheal
3. Stop acting like a child

Last edited:

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I actually got 2 - 1 from each of the bosses that night in the Wisp Dungeon - And boy I sure was not dead as much as you seem to think.

Again, if you want to better optimize your character for events:
1. Stop trying to use two accounts, it obviously isn't working for you
2. Take off your bard skills, put on Spellweaving for events, get your level 6 circle, wait for WOD's + Xheal
3. Stop acting like a child
Solus, its because of people like you, that a majority of people avoid doing anything that you do, mostly because of your attitude towards others, and always either pretending to be the best at a video game, or how you always downgrade other people or their templates.

Keep it up, I know how much you like playing alone to keep getting more awesome on a video game.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solus, its because of people like you, that a majority of people avoid doing anything that you do, mostly because of your attitude towards others, and always either pretending to be the best at a video game, or how you always downgrade other people or their templates.

Keep it up, I know how much you like playing alone to keep getting more awesome on a video game.

You need to look in the mirror.
1. You are bashing the EM's for their events
2. You called their storylines boring 50% of the time (Storylines im sure they put ALOT of work into)
3. Your constant remarks to me

I am not putting you down for your template, I am being honest. If you want to optimize your damage output (Even without the dragon) putting on SW in place of the bard skills, JUST FOR THE EVENT, will do you much better.

Lets be honest here, not EVERY template in the game is going to work at an event. Crafters? Thiefs? How about me on a Melee char during a Slasher?

Btw, I like playing alone? *checks my EVO tag* Well im in a guild...*checks the vents im in* There are definitely people who are talking to me...So not sure what you are trying to get at.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You need to look in the mirror.
1. You are bashing the EM's for their events
2. You called their storylines boring 50% of the time (Storylines im sure they put ALOT of work into)
3. Your constant remarks to me

I am not putting you down for your template, I am being honest. If you want to optimize your damage output (Even without the dragon) putting on SW in place of the bard skills, JUST FOR THE EVENT, will do you much better.

Lets be honest here, not EVERY template in the game is going to work at an event. Crafters? Thiefs? How about me on a Melee char during a Slasher?

Btw, I like playing alone? *checks my EVO tag* Well im in a guild...*checks the vents im in* There are definitely people who are talking to me...So not sure what you are trying to get at.
Solus, you are the one continuing like you normally always do, I did not bash a EM at all, I pay for this game aswell and like anyone can comment on the content released inside the game.

What you are doing, by saying a template is worthless, or someone is acting like a baby, is something maybe you should check because that reflection is typical you on either making fun of someone or think your the best at the video game people play, making them feel even worse about playing or playing their templates.

And even if someone plays a Bard/Tamer they should still be able to have fun on it, telling me to fix my charc or play another charc, isnt an awnser or solution to gameplay enjoyment.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solus, you are the one continuing like you normally always do, I did not bash a EM at all, I pay for this game aswell and like anyone can comment on the content released inside the game.

What you are doing, by saying a template is worthless, or someone is acting like a baby, is something maybe you should check because that reflection is typical you on either making fun of someone or think your the best at the video game people play, making them feel even worse about playing or playing their templates.

And even if someone plays a Bard/Tamer they should still be able to have fun on it, telling me to fix my charc or play another charc, isnt an awnser or solution to gameplay enjoyment.
1. You are mad you didnt get an item
2. You dont want to change anything about your template in order to get said item, and any talk about templates is thus considered bashing
3. Where are all the people who only play crafters are thieves starting their protest against EM events?

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. You are mad you didnt get an item
2. You dont want to change anything about your template in order to get said item, and any talk about templates is thus considered bashing
3. Where are all the people who only play crafters are thieves starting their protest against EM events?
Listen, I am not mad in the least I didnt get an item, I have been to many events and not gotten items, unlike you I dont get a reward everytime and cant be smug about it to others.

I posted this because of the tamer hate, which has been going on multiple events now.

You yet again are trying to make more issues.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Listen, I am not mad in the least I didnt get an item, I have been to many events and not gotten items, unlike you I dont get a reward everytime and cant be smug about it to others.

I posted this because of the tamer hate, which has been going on multiple events now.

You yet again are trying to make more issues.

There has been ONE event with eatpet. How have ANY of the other events been Anti Tamer?

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There has been ONE event with eatpet. How have ANY of the other events been Anti Tamer?
Yep there has been alot, obviously you havnt played a tamer as much as you thought or attended them.

Another good example, is the ones that the Dragons can do 0 Damage to them, either with Physical or Magical, such as the Shadow Elemental Protection against pets.

Then there is the events like the Chopper event, to where the pets did barley 2-6 damage per and zero magical.

You just dont care about these facts, because remember you are a god at video games and your subjects must bow to you getting the event items with your oh-so-uber templates and godlike playstyle.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep there has been alot, obviously you havnt played a tamer as much as you thought or attended them.

Another good example, is the ones that the Dragons can do 0 Damage to them, either with Physical or Magical, such as the Shadow Elemental Protection against pets.

Then there is the events like the Chopper event, to where the pets did barley 2-6 damage per and zero magical.

You just dont care about these facts, because remember you are a god at video games and your subjects must bow to you getting the event items with your oh-so-uber templates and godlike playstyle.
When people i'm in vent with people who are ON TAMERS and are getting the items at every event, I just cant take "OMG ANTI TAMER" seriously.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When people i'm in vent with people who are ON TAMERS and are getting the items at every event, I just cant take "OMG ANTI TAMER" seriously.
Oh yes, and which ones are them? and when did they get them again?

Solus, Bennu was right about someone trolling, and it is you.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know what? Im done.

Enjoy your day Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.