• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resources needed

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
i am looking to try out the archer treasure hunter but I am going to need a bunch of blank scrolls I guess to work that skill. Anyone have a bunch for sale? Or is there a way to make scrolls from wood or anything? Thanks for your time

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a way to make scrolls from wood. Not sure how time consuming it is though. Maybe better to farm a scribe NPC or two?
Hopefully someone else have more detailed info on the scroll making.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as per usual UOguide.com is your friend...

Wood Pulp - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

You need to collect bark fragment and water to make wood pulp. Then you need inscription to make that into blank scrolls.
So basically you would need to have lumberjacking, cooking an inscription...I think you'll be better off just camping the npcs and buying from them...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I"m having a brain fart, what's an archer/thunter need blank scrolls for ?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
According to what I was reading online I need blank scrolls got cartography but what are these blank maps? something I can buy?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
On my mule I will need loads of wood, ingots, cloth stuff like that and that will take time to farm which I have never minded. My goal is to just have fun and I don't feel like I need to rush but want to work on my skills 1 by 1

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am looking to try out the archer treasure hunter but I am going to need a bunch of blank scrolls I guess to work that skill. Anyone have a bunch for sale? Or is there a way to make scrolls from wood or anything? Thanks for your time
I think I have some scrolls left over from training my carto and scribe. If you still need them, I'll be on in a bit.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archer T-Hunter? Hmm... Are you sure? No summons, no pets, no invis?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think I have some scrolls left over from training my carto and scribe. If you still need them, I'll be on in a bit.
I work crazy stupid hours during the week. I would love them.
You guys don't think a stealth t-hunter would work? It sounded fun but maybe I am not thinking about it right lol

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys don't think a stealth t-hunter would work? It sounded fun but maybe I am not thinking about it right lol
There is a subforum around t-hunting on stratics. Many excellent suggestions.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here ya go, Buddy...

[Treasure Hunting] - Whats the best T-Hunting Template?

If you ask me, I would suggest a T-Hunter with either Taming, Mysticism or Provocation... Or intelligent Combos - alot of good Infos in this thread. If you arent a hectic personality that loves to run and run and run, you shouldnt stick to an archer-thunter. Just my opinion ;-)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some blanks scrolls somewhere. Have you placed a house on Siege yet, if so a mailbox helps in people dropping things off.

Arthas

Visitor
I hear you. I work crazy stupid hours as well.
If you are soloing high level T maps you may have a rough time. In a group you will be ok. Depends on what you are doing. As long as you are having fun, I say make what you like.
My old T-hunter I was something like:
100 Musicianship
120 Provocation
120 Peacemaking
100 Magery
80 Meditation
100 Lockpocking
100 Cartography

I would area peace, provoke, summon.
Basically tie up the mobs while I loot.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I hear you. I work crazy stupid hours as well.
If you are soloing high level T maps you may have a rough time. In a group you will be ok. Depends on what you are doing. As long as you are having fun, I say make what you like.
My old T-hunter I was something like:
100 Musicianship
120 Provocation
120 Peacemaking
100 Magery
80 Meditation
100 Lockpocking
100 Cartography

I would area peace, provoke, summon.
Basically tie up the mobs while I loot.
See that's something I have yet to learn how to play is a bard... They seem fun but damn they are hard to learn

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and hard to train. But thanks to ROT there is no other place where you can reach 120 that easy.

Dont take me wrong, as Baby Doll said: Its all about fun. But my experience tells me, some templates are more fun and some less. Maybe an archer-thunter is exactly what fits to your playstyle. I just wanted to help :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get what Baby Doll is saying. But....

I have soloed lvl 7 maps on Siege. I have multiple t hunter templates. Here is what will happen to you on a stealth thunting archer:
With cart / locks / mining, you are down 300 points already. Assuming you are serious about the stealth part, you are down another 180. That leaves 240 points for archery and tactics.

With no healing, no anatomy, and no spell resists, you are not soloing any 6s or 7s in any reasonable amount of time.

Let's say you pop a 6. You can't stealth while digging up chest, so the guardians (balron, GD, elementals, lich lords, etc) will mana dump on you instantly. So, you've got to get to a healer. Guess what? Treasure chests don't always have one close by. Oh, you are in Malas? Then they essentially don't exist at all.

But you do finally get rezzed. But wait! This is siege. All your stuff is piled under a bunched of pissed off guardians. At least one of them is carrying a critical piece of your armor. You can stealth back, but now you are fighting handicapped.

Kiting around chest trying to pick off a GD without bushido, chiv, healing, anatomy, etc is NOT going to be quick or easy.

If you manage to kill them all, you still have to get the loot home.

The loot that will spawn more pissed off guardians ready to mana dump on you straight out of the chest.

Bleak picture.

T hunting solo here is challenging. Fun, but challenging. I'm telling you this to save you some heartache.

Taming, mysticism, spellweaving, barding, even necro (with new mastery) can all compliment t hunting. Archery....eh...not so much.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...that is, essentially, what I wanted to say. But you performed so much better than me. How about inviting Planters to a T-Hunt in a nice group so that he can experiment a bit and meet some nice people? Wait - a new idea for our 6. PVM-event in May/June. Good idea?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about inviting Planters to a T-Hunt in a nice group so that he can experiment a bit and meet some nice people? Wait - a new idea for our 6. PVM-event in May/June. Good idea?
Sounds good, I haven't gone on a Thunt since Chessie but I'm good at running around being chased by monsters. :p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See that's something I have yet to learn how to play is a bard... They seem fun but damn they are hard to learn
90 up Provo & Discord can be done hunting Greater Boura. Provo them on each other to wear their hp down and Discord them each time the RoT times out.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ok that
I get what Baby Doll is saying. But....

I have soloed lvl 7 maps on Siege. I have multiple t hunter templates. Here is what will happen to you on a stealth thunting archer:
With cart / locks / mining, you are down 300 points already. Assuming you are serious about the stealth part, you are down another 180. That leaves 240 points for archery and tactics.

With no healing, no anatomy, and no spell resists, you are not soloing any 6s or 7s in any reasonable amount of time.

Let's say you pop a 6. You can't stealth while digging up chest, so the guardians (balron, GD, elementals, lich lords, etc) will mana dump on you instantly. So, you've got to get to a healer. Guess what? Treasure chests don't always have one close by. Oh, you are in Malas? Then they essentially don't exist at all.

But you do finally get rezzed. But wait! This is siege. All your stuff is piled under a bunched of pissed off guardians. At least one of them is carrying a critical piece of your armor. You can stealth back, but now you are fighting handicapped.

Kiting around chest trying to pick off a GD without bushido, chiv, healing, anatomy, etc is NOT going to be quick or easy.

If you manage to kill them all, you still have to get the loot home.

The loot that will spawn more pissed off guardians ready to mana dump on you straight out of the chest.

Bleak picture.

T hunting solo here is challenging. Fun, but challenging. I'm telling you this to save you some heartache.

Taming, mysticism, spellweaving, barding, even necro (with new mastery) can all compliment t hunting. Archery....eh...not so much.
Ok that makes sense. I just didn't know if it would work. Never had an archer and I love treasure hunting. Wasnt thinking about the death and gear staying behind lol

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
...that is, essentially, what I wanted to say. But you performed so much better than me. How about inviting Planters to a T-Hunt in a nice group so that he can experiment a bit and meet some nice people? Wait - a new idea for our 6. PVM-event in May/June. Good idea?
And I love that idea as long as I don't work xrappy hours then

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
90 up Provo & Discord can be done hunting Greater Boura. Provo them on each other to wear their hp down and Discord them each time the RoT times out.
See this is a skill I have really yet seen to be done good solo. I would love to learn all this stuff. Makes it sound fun to try new things. Still makes me with to have more than the 2 toons I get with both my accounts.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As for bard, a mystic bard can do damn near anything PvM. My prodo garg Vedder has 120 music / provo / disco / mysticism / focus / the rest in mage / med. Move mounted while having an RC or two Vollems getting bard buff AND casting, yeah, **** gets real. Ask Garth, he runs a bard on Siege but uses vollems and necro (I prefer myst but tomato / tomato ).

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
As for bard, a mystic bard can do damn near anything PvM. My prodo garg Vedder has 120 music / provo / disco / mysticism / focus / the rest in mage / med. Move mounted while having an RC or two Vollems getting bard buff AND casting, yeah, **** gets real. Ask Garth, he runs a bard on Siege but uses vollems and necro (I prefer myst but tomato / tomato ).
Ok is there a "timer" for when you Provo or peace something? Can you only do 1 per 30 seconds or can you do a "area" peace to stop a full crowd?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok is there a "timer" for when you Provo or peace something? Can you only do 1 per 30 seconds or can you do a "area" peace to stop a full crowd?
You can cast Peace on yourself for an area effect. I trained Peace that way from zero while Tanivar was sitting watching Landreu craft things for his vendors. The good old Attended Macroing scene.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One more comment here, but I only use peace for two things: taming ornery critters and bard mastery. Provo and disco are way more powerful for general badassery.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more comment here, but I only use peace for two things: taming ornery critters and bard mastery. Provo and disco are way more powerful for general badassery.
Area Peace can be rather nice when your hunting where bad things play and wind up in deep puppy chow, it can let you get away unmunched. :gee: