• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resizing questions

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I don't understand just how resizing works so maybe you can explain it to me :blushing:

I have a friend that was trying to resize a keep to a castle. He said he couldn't get the castle to place and then he had trouble placing the keep again so he made it an 18x18. Then he tried to resize that and when he tried to place it said he was on the 7 day timer and the 18x18 had disappeared so someone else placed a keep there after the resize 1 hour timer was up.

Can you use resize only for custom housing? Or is it possible to resize from a keep to a castle?
Was his mistake placing the 18x18 and trying to resize again? I don't understand why it didn't stop him when he said he wanted to resize and still the resize timer was in effect but wouldn't let him place.

Also, when he ran into trouble placing at the beginning he paged a gm who said he couldn't help. Then paged again and was stuck on #8 till it was too late :mad:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you demolish a house, place, then resize, it doesn't let you place again. It is a stupid thing to not inform the player that they won't be able to place again if they resize. I brought this up when the system was being created but it was not fixed.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks JC, ok so in other words if you resize and place then you're in the 7th day waiting period.

It's very very stupid not to have put in a warning if you try to resize again. It cost my friend his keep and possibly a castle :cursing: