• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Resizable Backpack?

S

Sweeney

Since a resizeable atlas was possible, how about this?

D

Dar_Napa

I've been trying to get that to work. Problem is all containers are in one file (bank, backpack, house containers ect..)

-Dar

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As people who have had the "container graphics tear" graphical bug know, the container grid system runs on a 5 x 25 grid, so containers themselves can be resized along those lines (a lot more vertical than horizontal), but I have yet to see any indication of being able to resize effectively larger horizontally.

Default seems to be 5 x 4.5 grids, SA Copper and I believe Legacy II has 5 x 5 grid and SA Bitter Black has according to the screenshots I've seen 5 x 5.5 grids, so some amount of resizing is possible, but only within the 5 x 25 matrix it seems.

I'd gladly be proven wrong though!

F

Fink

Do you still get the relative free-form positioning from those mods with more slots shown?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, this is in Grid view that I'm referencing, and yes, it does make those slots available (although I haven't tested past 5 showing).

As for freeform, it's pretty much locked into the 2d version with reduced area and all.

F

Fink

In grid view if you drop something new into say the middle right side, it appears in the middle right side in freeform view, same for the other slots.. wondering if that function is preserved when the viewable slot space is lengthened.

D

Dar_Napa

Well, this is in Grid view that I'm referencing, and yes, it does make those slots available (although I haven't tested past 5 showing).

As for freeform, it's pretty much locked into the 2d version with reduced area and all.
I've been able to change the graphics when switching to legacy containers and get more room. Still having problems with the resize tho..

But I dont really like it as it changes all containers to legacy..

-Dar