• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Resignation

T

Tazar

In protest of the actions of Blackthorn, the agent of Chaos, Lord Tazar hereby resigns as Governor of Moonglow.

Having served the Virtues under Lord British as a Captain of the Royal Britannian Guard, I can no longer serve on the council given the acts today. All attempts to bring back the glory of the realm under Lord British is obviously for naught. Chaos Rules supreme.

Despite the illegal annexation by Blackthorn, Lord Tazar hereby declares the City of Falling Waters Fortress to be independent of the Crown of Britannia and as the City lies in Malas and outside of the realm of Britannia, Blackthorn holds no authority over the town and the surrounding lands. Falling Waters Fortress is hereby declared a safe haven for the Virtuous of the lands and stands in opposition to the Crown of Chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tazar

"It is done, My Lord."

The report brought no happiness to the Lord of Falling Waters Fortress. For the first time ever, the Fortress was fully prepared for war. Lord Blackthorn the Betrayer had shown his true color and it was black as the blackest heart. What could such a man do next? Forgiving mass Murder was bad enough, but then to imprison another Governor for trying to raise the morale of the populace during times of war? That was the pinnacle of absurdity.

Given the forces Blackthorn commands, we have no choice but to prepare for war, hopeless though it may seem. But as a Captain of the Guard, my training in warfare led me to construct Falling Waters Fortress with such a possibility in mind. The main entries were barred and access blocked throughout the Fortress. Only one entrance remained and that was through a perilous maze designed to divide and confuse an enemy.

We are well prepared for the Siege that must inevitably come.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HOO RAH FER TAZAR. DA KING BEEES A DESPOT......REVOLT

FRREEE GUBNOR LEW

Last edited:
T

Tazar

For the first time ever Wynn noticed her dad preparing for which could be a very bad event. She never knew her home The Falling Waters to ever have to go to this extent to protect itself. She was afraid, but knew she was safe.
Dearest Daughter,

In the days to come, what may fall here is uncertain. For your own protection, I have called the porters to move you to New Magincia to live with your Brother for a while. I know he will take good care of you. I understand he has a room reserved for you on the Southwest Corner of the top floor.

Tazar
Lord of Falling Waters Fortress

T

Tazar

Falling Waters Fortress
Daily Briefing Report

"My Lord,

We have reports of a meeting last night at Castle Blackthorn. It seems the Coward hid behind his guards and refused to answer his peoples concerns, instead sending a pregnant woman to try to divert the people from their intended path. Lord Lew was set free on an outrageous bond of one million gold and a trial is being prepared. The Coward will not stray from his hateful path and still lets the falsehoods told by Solus determine his course of action.

Solus wisely was not in attendance at the meeting and also chose to cowardly hide from the people."

T

Tazar

Falling Waters Fortress
Daily Briefing Report

"My Lord,

On your order, we have kept the Fortress at our highest state of alert. The entrances are barricaded. Cannons line the ramparts. Stockpiles of food, drink, and weapons are ready in quantities to last through an extended Siege. Our household guard stands ready to defend the Fortress against the forces of Chaos.

After several months of constant vigilance, I have now received concerns from the household staff. It seems the stable-boy was careless the night before last and left a door unlocked and no one has seen your daughter Wynn since then. She is no where to be found. While the house is quite large, we have searched throughout all of the halls and corridors and the only clue is a sash found in her quarters bearing the Crest of Lord Blackthorn. We have even sent an agent to your son in New Magincia and he replied "Ug no see Wynn". I fear the worst My Lord. The available evidence points to the Lord of Chaos himself."

"Wynn is Missing?" replied the Lord of Falling Waters Fortress "Why was this not brought to my attention sooner?"

"My Lord, it is a large fortress and we wanted to be certain before alarming you."

Red faced with anger, the Lord yelled "Summon the Captain of the Household Guard! Summon my master of Spies! I want them here immediately! We must verify and plan an appropriate response!"

T

Tazar

"My Lord" said Captain Greaves of the Household Guard, "We have found no signs of your daughter, but a chambermaid reported that a strange man was seen in your daughter's quarters shortly before her disappearance and that he was dressed in the uniform of Blackthorn's Guards. It appears that the sash with Blackthorn's crest that was found in her chambers belongs to him. I can only conclude that this man is responsible for Wynn's disappearance".

"Lord Tazar" came a response in a quiet, yet firm voice from Seth, the Master of Spies, "I have confirmed beyond a reasonable doubt that the stranger seen in Wynn's chamber is a member of Blackthorn's Guard. We have our man and everything points to the Chaos-King."

Pacing back and forth before the fireplace in the great hall, Tazar responded with an icy stare. "If indeed this agent of Chaos has taken my daughter, then we have no choice but to respond to rescue her. Her safety is of great importance to me, but even more so, our actions must serve the good of the people and the Kingdom at large. I will think on this and plan our course of action."

T

Tazar

It was a long ride home for Lord Tazar in the cold rain with the mud from the road staining his cloak like the despair felt in his heart. Poor Yosef. A good friend lost instead of the Chaos-King. Why had Yosef stepped before the King? Was it merely coincidence? Did Yosef intentionally sacrifice himself for the King? That would be true virtue to sacrifice ones own life to save one who chose Chaos over Virtue.

In addition, Wynn was still missing with no further news of her whereabouts and no hope of her rescue. With Blackthorn still alive, he was sure to retaliate.

Finally, Lord Tazar reached the entrance to the maze and made his way through to the Main Hall of the Fortress with a heavy heart. Lord Tazar was not used to failure.

In the main hall, a roaring fire was set upon the hearth. "Come my lord, warm and dry yourself before the fire and I shall tell you the good news", said the Chief Butler of the household. "Your daughter Wynn has returned to us".

"Daddy!" cried Wynn rushing up to the lord. "Where have you been? I've been here all evening waiting to introduce you to my new boyfriend! Like you, he is also a Captain of the King's Guard!" Wynn looked up at her father with her eyes shining. "He took me on a tour of the realm these past few days, but somewhere he's lost the Sash from his uniform. Has anyone here reported finding it?"

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wynn looks at her father and stares into is eyes hopping he can see that she is scared. She says very quietly, " Daddy I have much to tell you and I am not sure where to start. " Looks to make sure the guard is not around. " Daddy. he isn't really my boyfriend but ........"

Last edited: