• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resign from the "tutorial" quest

J

JPDefault

I created a new character, and now he's stuck in the "closed" Old Haven area.
I have a window with that tutorial lady telling me to left click "next" to conitnue, but nothing happens when I click the button or close the window.
The Quests window shows nothing, and I'm basically stuck there! Help!!! :cursing:

J

JPDefault

I must say I went to the lenghty and painful installation of the classic client thing, and of course logging in with the character who was in the Enhanced Client tutorial had him lifted and magically transported to New Haven.
Then I could return to the Enhanced Client and play normally.
BUT every time I create a new char, I get stuck the same way and have to log in from the classic to skip the tutorial.

U

UOKaiser

I must say I went to the lenghty and painful installation of the classic client thing, and of course logging in with the character who was in the Enhanced Client tutorial had him lifted and magically transported to New Haven.
Then I could return to the Enhanced Client and play normally.
BUT every time I create a new char, I get stuck the same way and have to log in from the classic to skip the tutorial.
Have you completed the tutorial before?

J

JPDefault

Have you completed the tutorial before?
Sure! And I wondered why did I have to complete it again with my other characters, but oh well, it started normally, until I equipped that katana and the lady said: "left click next to continue".

U

UOKaiser

Sure! And I wondered why did I have to complete it again with my other characters, but oh well, it started normally, until I equipped that katana and the lady said: "left click next to continue".
Try to do what it usualy ask you from the quest like it expects you to die so make sure you die killing zombies and rez from the healer then get your body. Before that expects you to kill a skeleton then before that expects you to mark that katana as a quest item.

J

JPDefault

Try to do what it usualy ask you from the quest like it expects you to die so make sure you die killing zombies and rez from the healer then get your body. Before that expects you to kill a skeleton then before that expects you to mark that katana as a quest item.
If clicking "next" worked, it would then ask me to go to the next highlighted spot: the iron gate for the skeleton area. But there's no highlighted area, the gate won't open and it won't teleport me.
I don't care much about this anyway: I'm just skipping the whole thing. Other newbs may find it annoying, tho'.