• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Requesting MyUO changes

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to help us battle guild thieves, can we get it so when we click on a persons name on MyUO it lists all of their Alts? also can we make it so it will say if they are a member of the thieves guild or not?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get forensics if you want to know if someone is in the thieve's guild, abosolutely no reason to negate an in-game skill with an out of game database.

Absolutely no on revealing names of alts, that's just no...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its true that some people use alternate names to cause problems. But on the other hand, some people use alternate names to avoid problems, and remove themselves from drama. Having multiple characters is one of the beauty's of online anonymity. My vote is absolutely not!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think what they mean is people joining the guild under the guise of a disguise kit or other similar means. My opinion is that when you go to add someone to the guild it should tell you "This person is not who you think they are... Do you still wish to add them to your guild?" Or it should give the message "You can not guild someone under the influence of falsehood." when you try to guild someone who is disguised. And you shouldn't be allowed to guild them if they aren't using their "name" ..... That would fix the problem. Sort of.... not to say that won't change their name after joining. But you ought to be able to see their "true" name with their "false" one on the guild roster. Since you already know them. If you are a "ranking" officer in the guild.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what they mean is people joining the guild under the guise of a disguise kit or other similar means. My opinion is that when you go to add someone to the guild it should tell you "This person is not who you think they are... Do you still wish to add them to your guild?" Or it should give the message "You can not guild someone under the influence of falsehood." when you try to guild someone who is disguised. And you shouldn't be allowed to guild them if they aren't using their "name" ..... That would fix the problem. Sort of.... not to say that won't change their name after joining. But you ought to be able to see their "true" name with their "false" one on the guild roster. Since you already know them. If you are a "ranking" officer in the guild.
Yeah, what she said ^^^^^^
;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to help us battle guild thieves, can we get it so when we click on a persons name on MyUO it lists all of their Alts? also can we make it so it will say if they are a member of the thieves guild or not?
No chance. If you'd like to know who player alts are, you pretty much just need to create a list of all of the name available with the disguise kit. If you can't come up with a way without a developers involvement to prevent bad apples from joining your guild, maybe it's time to fold up your guild or close it to open recruiting.

What you are asking for is for MyUO to show what characters belong to each account, and in some cases, which accounts are tied together. For privacy sake, this is an awful idea...la

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok fine bad idea, i personaly wouldnt care if anyone could tell who my alts are, but thats just me, i have nothing to hide. but the problem is someone joins a guild, they are in the guild for a couple months and they seem to be really cool and nice, in that time they have their alts recruited in one by one, more time passes till people forget who their alts even are, then one day that person starts stealing from guildmates, he gets caught, but then he soulstones those stealing skill to another toon and repeats the process, until eventualy all his alts gets caught and booted, but by that time the damage is already done. This has happened to us and other guilds out there. It just sucks when someone gains your trust and then steals from you.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scammers scam unfortunately. You are right about it sucking, but it's going to happen, but I don't think this change would even correct the problem...people would still figure out a way to game the system (this is coming from a former guild jumper)...la

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our guild maintains a list of everyone and their alts to prevent this type of thing from happening. When a member is added, it is noted which emissary who has added them. As there Alts are added, they get added to a subcatagory of the main char. Our guild has 590 or so members and it has worked out very very well.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our guild maintains a list of everyone and their alts to prevent this type of thing from happening. When a member is added, it is noted which emissary who has added them. As there Alts are added, they get added to a subcatagory of the main char. Our guild has 590 or so members and it has worked out very very well.
Ya we goin to start doin something like that to

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Get forensics if you want to know if someone is in the thieve's guild, abosolutely no reason to negate an in-game skill with an out of game database.

Absolutely no on revealing names of alts, that's just no...
Forensics doesn't help. I use it on pretty much all recruits and it has never caught a single person until it was too late. All they have to do is put stealing on a soulstone, and it auto-quits them from thieves guild. Then they just put it back on and rejoin after they've been guilded and rob people.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All they have to do is put stealing on a soulstone, and it auto-quits them from thieves guild.
Not sure it works that way at all. I routinely put stealing on a soulstone and have never had to re-join the NPC guild afterwards. I'm sure people do try to hide their templates that way, but it doesn't automatically remove the character from the guild...la

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I want is for MyUO to work on Internet Explorer which it isn´t for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I want is for MyUO to work on Internet Explorer which it isn´t for me.
Why IE sucks? Worst browser ever. To each their own I guess but Yuck.

I still say a guildmaster or high ranked guild officer ought to be able to see all guild members and their "phony" names on the guild roster when they look at it. This would 100% solve the issue. If they logged in under a guise it should remain listed on the roster. I don't think it ought to be on MYUO and I don't think that it should be anywhere else but if it could be added to the guild roster that would be fine.

As for seeing who's characters are who's alts absolutely NOT. I play over 60 characters... I honestly don't want anyone knowing all of them. That's the beauty of RP. Heck I don't even know all of them half the time. So no... other names on someone's account should ALWAYS be personal information to the account owner ONLY. Afterall one of the questions asked sometimes by EA in trying to get account information has to do with names of characters on the account. So bad idea I don't want that knowledge out there.