• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Request for Information from the Lycaeum

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Lycaeum has decided that the new Exodus Nexuses warrant study. Precisely because of his great reservations about this project, it will be led by Yusef Ad-Din, Professor of Antiquities.

If you have a Nexus device in your house, please contact him via reply to this notice, or at EMTiberies at gmail dot com.

If the Nexus Device is publicly accessible, the Professor may come and examine it, so do not be alarmed if you see him around. If the Device is not publicly accessible, the Professor will take some readings from outside your house. Also please report any unusual activity.

-The Lycaeum

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Professor Ad-Din,

In response to the notice posted by the Lycaeum, I have a publically accessable Nexus on the first floor of the house located at the coordinates 104o 52' N 13o 25' W in Malas. You are welcome to examine it at your leisure.

- Faeryl Tyr'athem

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a Nexus at my Stygian Abyss House D: Hurrah for Exodus!

Adaline

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have placed a public accessible Nexus at my Malas home 107.24N 28.37W first floor.

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
78o24'N, 42o49W Tram Yew; a few seconds west from the moongate.

T

toragon

I have a Nexus it is 60o... 2N .......53o....17E on porch right side feel free to check it out

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
78o24'N, 42o49W Tram Yew; large tower a few seconds west from the moongate.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Professor Ad-Din has thus far been unable to ascertain anything of use. At all of the Nexus Houses he approached his way was blocked by mechanical monsters of a sort associated with Exodus. While he could perhaps take one or two of these creatures, if he was lucky, he surely could not take the 5 or more he saw at some of the locations.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still haven't remembered what I was gonna do before the Exodus Minion Lord showed up on my steps... *grumbles*

So that's a grand total of... 18 Minions on my steps today? Most action I've seen at my house since I moved in :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If the good Professor does not mind alot of clutter, he can feel free to visit my home to study the Nexus placed there. From downtown Umbra take the Western road. Travel along the road and keep a watch out for the large red KK on top of the roof. The Nexus is on the third floor.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Toad Town would most welcome the professor to enjoy his studies further at our Main house (North Gate -Luna)

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*a private message is delivered to the staff of the Lycaeum*

Dear Colleagues:

My findings thus far can be summarized easily: These devices summon evil creatures, to the point that I am having difficulty studying one up close. I have tried several times. From a distance I can, with the standard magical detection devices and my own experience, scholarship, and judgement, tell you that they radiate evil.

Callie's research brought a fate worth than death to herself and may well bring the same fate to many more.

I am curious, colleagues, as to how much more detail you require beyond this. The new curriculum already in essence violates ourselves with Pride. How far do you want to take that?

Yours in the Virtues,
Yusef Ad-Din,
Professor of Antiquities

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*a private message is delivered to the staff of the Lycaeum*

Dear Colleagues:

My findings thus far can be summarized easily: These devices summon evil creatures, to the point that I am having difficulty studying one up close. I have tried several times. From a distance I can, with the standard magical detection devices and my own experience, scholarship, and judgement, tell you that they radiate evil.

Callie's research brought a fate worth than death to herself and may well bring the same fate to many more.

I am curious, colleagues, as to how much more detail you require beyond this. The new curriculum already in essence violates ourselves with Pride. How far do you want to take that?

Yours in the Virtues,
Yusef Ad-Din,
Professor of Antiquities
*almost immediately, a message is delivered back*

Professor:

As you come from the Desert, though you have lived among us for many years now, you may not be acquainted yet with the Britannian spirit. We are inquisitive people by nature and there is no price that is worth more than Truth. If you do not share our curiosity and sense of devotion to Truth and the superiority of Honesty over the other Virtues and of Moonglow over the other cities, perhaps we may find another Professor of Antiquities who does.

-The Dean of the Lycaeum

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*almost immediately, a message is delivered back*

Professor:

As you come from the Desert, though you have lived among us for many years now, you may not be acquainted yet with the Britannian spirit. We are inquisitive people by nature and there is no price that is worth more than Truth. If you do not share our curiosity and sense of devotion to Truth and the superiority of Honesty over the other Virtues and of Moonglow over the other cities, perhaps we may find another Professor of Antiquities who does.

-The Dean of the Lycaeum
"Damn them. Damn them to the Abyss." Professor Ad-Din tossed the message from the Dean onto his desk angrily. The Lycaeum always wrote its correspondence on heavy paper, sometimes even on parchment, and Theresa could swear she heard it "thud" as it hit the desk. They were at home. She had read the message before showing it to her Yusef. She always read his messages.

"Perhaps we should take him up on that," Theresa murmured. She was as-frustrated as he was. She worked with her lover now, and she had seen the goings-on at the Lycaeum up close.

"And what would we do then, my love. What would we use for money? Join my brother on his ship and hunt pirates? Dig up treasure?" Theresa knew Yusef. These words were not sarcastic, though, to another, they might have appeared that way. Yusef's frustration had been building since the new curriculum had been put into effect, since the Lycaeum took upon itself to openly declare that Honesty and Moonglow were superior to the other Virtues, and the other Cities.

"Perhaps you could tutor. Perhaps you could teach in Britain someplace. There are other places."

"I know my love. But then...."

"Someone else, someone besides you, someone greedy and Prideful perhaps, would take up where Callie left off."

"They would want to find a way to make money from this...."

"They would. You are.....You are more Britannian than they, my love. In spirit, in devotion to Virtue."

"Let us marry," Yusef blurted out.

Theresa started. "We are already engaged, my love."

"No....I mean now. Today. Let us go find someone to marry us. Let us marry before.....Before the world flies apart, in one way or another. Before anyone else starves, before anyone else riots, before anyone else tries to burn down the libraries, before any more pieces of the infernal machine are erupted in our world."

"But.....But I haven't even met your parents yet!"

"Bah!" Yusef went to the liquor cabinet, and poured himself a drink. Theresa noted it was the same thing she drank; the bottle was nearly empty after Yusef poured his glass. She had been drinking a lot of it since her imprisonment by the Mysterious Knights. "I am not so sure you want to meet them. My parents, I mean."

Yusef drank, and the conversation stopped for awhile. Both stood, not looking at each other, but lost as many strong couples are in one another's thoughts, not their own. Without looking at him, Theresa walked across the room. She walked with such exquisite delicateness that it looked more like floating than walking, her light-colored hair falling just so over her face. She slid into Yusef's arms and he embrace her.

"I love you," they whispered together.

"Stay at the Lycaeum," whispered Theresa. "Stay and fight. Do what they want. Investigate the nexuses. Your brother can teach you how to walk unseen. You can slip past the creatures, and study the nexuses up close. If there is anything to find, you will find it. If not, then we will know there is nothing to find, nothing to discover, at least not yet."

"And if the creatures find me? If they reveal me?"

She kissed his lips softly. "You will have me nearby. I know enough magic to make myself invisible, to heal you, to cast Corp Por. You will have me and we will have this." They were across the room from where Yusef kept his sword, hanging on the wall. They were across the room from it but somehow Theresa reached out, and took it, and strapped it to Yusef's waist. Yusef stared at her.

"How did you...."

Theresa ignored him. "We will fight, and we will win, or we will escape more or less unscathed." She kissed him again. "But that's tomorrow."

"And tonight?"

She smiled.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feel free to make use of my nexus. I am well enough equipped to handle the occasional straggler unlucky enough to show up. It'll give me a little workout while crafting. *Laugh*

The coordinates are 136.29 N 82.49 E on atlantic shard. It is on the second floor, accessible through the teleporter under the campion flowers on the right hand side as you walk in.