• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Request for Help - Election Night Event

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greeting!

Sadly, the first round of governors is coming to an end here on Atlantic. When I heard about the new election system I had my doubts, and assumed those honorable positions would soon be filled with players more interested in gaining titles and trophies than actually utilizing their role to generate entertainment for the community. Oh, how I was so very wrong.

In the past three months we have seen many wonderful events take place all across the shard. All thanks to those nine who stepped up to take on the governor positions, and the many others who stood by them in support. Massive amounts of game time and resources went in to making this the most enjoyable three months we have seen in a long time. So I thought it only fitting we end it with bang. A monster party to say thank you to those governors leaving us and welcome in, or welcome back as the case may be, our next round of city representatives. And of course, I'd like to extend our gratitude to EM Bennu for his work to make this new program such a success.

Here is what myself and Semmerset (The Battle Chikin) will be putting together to show our appreciation, and we could really use support from as many groups as possible to make this happen...

(Props to Quacklebush for his input on this idea!)

Election Night Hoopla!

The new election cycle starts on Sunday, September 1st. Nominations will run until midnight Saturday September 7th, and then voting will run from Sunday September 8th until midnight on Saturday September 14th.
Please let me know if these calculations are wrong.

So "Election Night Hoopla" is going to happen on Saturday 14th, starting at 8:00pm EST, and coming to climax at midnight (4 hours total), when the voting will close and we can all celebrate the victories and losses.

The party will take place here...

Buccaneer's Den

The city of untamed revelry, a neutral ground for all, and a place boasting some very unique geographical features.

The idea is to use the buildings and land forms of Bucc's Den to host several different mini-events simultaneously, which will be run by groups or cities within our fantastic community. Very much like the festival held at Vesper a short time ago. Part of the focus will be on the city elections coming to a close within the hours of the event, but mostly it will be all about craziness, partying, and having a good time with each other.

To keep everyone informed on the election tallies, we are looking to set up live coverage of the numbers over the final hours of voting, most likely using UO chat. This will add some suspense to the evening and encourage more players to get involved in the cities. We need help from people of the reporter type persuasion to pull this off. If we get enough player support in this area we could even schedule some live interviews of prospective candidates within the party area, giving candidates some extra face time with the community.

As for organization, the event will be run under a neutral banner, and myself and Semmerset will be sure to coordinate it as such. I'd really like it to be something that we do as a whole. Guilds, cities, and other player groups who create or sponsor mini-events or booths as part of the night will of course given full credit for their help on the program and event name. For those running for office, this event creates a prime environment to rustle up some votes from the community. RP campaigning is most welcome!

Here are some screen shots of possible locations to set up an event or booth:

The Pirate's Plunder Tavern

The Pirates Den

The Buccaneer's Bath

The Secret Tunnels (These are huge and run under almost every part of the island)

Also the forests of the island are completely void of spawn (except for some gorillas and a few rats in town). They cover a massive area and would be perfect for item hunting, hide & seek, or greazy pig style events. But I'm sure our event coordinators have even better ideas than these.

With regard to the use of locations and buildings. If there are requests to use the same place at the same time I will do my best to work things out for everyone involved. It may come down to a first come first served basis.

To help keep everyone up to date, I'll post all information I have below as the program develops. If you would like to update your event name, text, or put in an image just pop me a msg here and I'll take care of it next I log in.

Current Areas In Use
(Reload the page to see the latest map.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A : The Scalis Pen!

For the full duration of the event we will maintain a containment in the bay area where you can bring your battle characters and fight Scalis and Leviathan continuously. Resurrection will be available. We have gathered over 200 white nets for the occasion, so there will be no shortage of targets, and no end to the chances of scoring yourself a High Sea Artifact. Check them out, there are some nice ones: Linky!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B : Skara Brae & The Cartel Raffle!

C : Vesper Food & Drinks!

D : Toad Town : Event Skit Competition!
Toad Town members would like to invite players to join in our re enactment of Atlantic events story arc during this election night gala.
Players who wish to participate will pick their favorite EM Bennu event and perform a short skit.
Players will be judged on most original costumes and most original story arc.
Prizes will be:
50 mil - first place
25 mil - second place
15 mil - third place
Prizes for participation
Current Entries

8:15 - Toad Towns re enactment of The Time Lord and Addie.
8:50 - Vesper Governor Khaleesi re enactment of "To Save The Trees".
9:00 - Solus/Promethia (Governor Elect/Governor of Brit) - Unspecified Act.
E : Ozog's Goblin Kissing Both!

F : Loy Hargil's 100 Proof Poker!

G : The Emerald Trading Company Bazzar!

Event organizers, we need your help!

Governors, this will be a great chance to say farewell, or rally last minute support for your campaign. Nothing brings in voter support better than a governor of real actions.

There are all kinds of things you can put together to help. We need food and drink caterers, games, election reporters, competitions, and just about any manner of craziness you can come up with.

Events don't need to last the full duration either. An hour or two is fine. We'll slot you into the program, just let us know your ideas and we'll do all we can to assist.

We are also looking for players who are not wishing to create events themselves, but are willing to help others with theirs. We'll put you in touch with those in need.

To get involved please post on this thread, send me a PM, or contact me via ICQ 78409004.

Thank you to all who lend a hand in this one, and thank you to our governors for a magical three months!

- Soar / Compas

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As campaign manager for Alex who is running for Governor of Jhelom, we at Toad Town would like to place our bid for an opening at your gala event.
We will send you our event ideas in a pm.
Thanks for your time an efforts on a great idea to further player interaction.

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As campaign manager for Alex who is running for Governor of Jhelom, we at Toad Town would like to place our bid for an opening at your gala event.
We will send you our event ideas in a pm.
Thanks for your time an efforts on a great idea to further player interaction.
Thanks for coming forward to help. As soon as you know the area and time slot you need, I'll put you in there.

Good luck in the elections!

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I may possibly be drafted into service again.. I had such a great time last time. Keep me up to date and I'll squeeze you in so long as it doesn't involve fish...;)

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love that you guys do stuff like this. Makes me proud to be Atlantic's EM, you guys are awesome.

Thank you for helping build the community in ways like this I am impressed.
If you have time on that day, we'd all love to see you there if your personal commitments allow it.

It's a community thing, of which you are an important and respected part.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The folks from Skara and the Cartel are going to set us up a raffle, and Vesper has offered to take care of our food and drink needs.

I'll get a draft of the program going in the OP to keep everyone up to speed, and will update as we go. That will be tomorrow, atm it's 3am, not a time to be awake and doing important things, lol.

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Toad Town members would like to invite players to join in our re enactment of Atlantic events story arc during this election night gala.
Players who wish to participate will pick their favorite EM Bennu event and perform a short skit.
Players will be judged on most original costumes and most original story arc.
Prizes will be:
50 mil - first place
25 mil - second place
15 mil - third place
Prizes for participation

We would like to reserve the area from the mainland gate area eastward along the street to Alexanders Election Headquarters.
This event can be timed to fit in or coordinated with other events that night.

Here is your chance to show our EM how much we retained from his hard work and to thank him for his three years entertaining the Atlantic shard.

To start off Toad Town members will perform the first skit.
Post your skit reservation here or send a PM or ICQ to me #150693039
We look forward to a fun filled night!

Attachments

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've updated the OP with a program information section at the bottom, including a location map. As the program fleshes out, I'll post everything there.

Let me know the information to post for your particular event and I'll copy paste it in. :)

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IFIN YOOS GIBES MEES A BOOFT. MEES WILL HABE A KISSING BOOFT. WHO NOES WANNA KISS A GOBLIN?
OZOG

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IFIN YOOS GIBES MEES A BOOFT. MEES WILL HABE A KISSING BOOFT. WHO NOES WANNA KISS A GOBLIN?
OZOG
A goblin kissing booth? Now, that's an offer too good to refuse!

Queen Arya has mentioned she would like to have you set up beside her in section D. If you'd like something outside, how does that fork in the road sound at the entrance to that street? Or perhaps one of the small buildings along it?

Let me know, and I'll mark it up.

P.S. Don't wear down your lip gloss before I get there.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making some nice progress with this event. Still tonnes of room for some more additions, so please come forward if you have an idea to help the night along.

There are two aspects of the night I want to put in motion this week. I can take care of their preparation, but will need some help to run them on the day.

The first is...

The Election News Headquarters
The location of this one is still being worked on, but we are hoping to get three people for this...

Stone watcher : This person will be recalling around the stones and broadcasting the numbers over the event channel throughout the night.
Display Updater : We also need one person at the news headquarters updating a visual display of the current voting tallies for each city. (We have one possible for this position)
Live Interviewer : There will be an area in the HQ to have live interviews with governors or candidates at the headquarters throughout the night. (I'm hoping to get one of our news reporters, but if they can't make we'll need someone here.)

The second idea I want to get going is one that will help move people around the different events during the night...

The Governors New Suit Challenge
The idea is to have each of the event booths, or as many as possible, hand out one item of clothing to players who complete a specific task or challenge set by that events' organizer. The items of clothing would then all go together to make up a governors costume. Players who complete their costume can then put it on and go to a specific place in the town to receive a prize.
For this idea, no extra staff would be needed, but I do need to know if it is something the current event organizers would be willing to take part in. It would be nice if the task or challenge set by your event related to the event itself, for example Ozog's task might be to kiss him three times and then convince him of how much they liked it, but depending on the particular event structure, this isn't always so easy. So an unrelated task or challenge would be cool too. anything that is fun, short, and sweet.
Event organizers please let me know what you think of this idea.

Pop me a message if you can help out with any of the above!

Thank you to everyone supporting this event so far.

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent out a big old information letter to all election night event organizers, volunteers, governors, and candidates I could find contacts for.

I think I got all the governors and voluteers, but missed a lot of candidates as I think your names may be alts. Please contact me if you didn't get the letter and wanted a copy. No omissions were made on purpose, just couldn't find ya. :p

Please let me know the info for the final news post soon as you can guys.

Thank ye!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to cover some of the Interviewing and Picture taking as Fand.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Item to complete a suit is a great idea! sign up for a skit to re-enact an Atlantic event and get your suit piece

It enters you in the contest for the prizes mentioned above

Last edited: