• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for decent Low level pet training mobs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I always get this with them.

View attachment 67142

That's how I found out Night Terrors work.
I tried that....not good! My fully trained Cu on Origin can't even handle a Night Terror for very long....

Ortandords are still the best gains that I've found so far....still slow going though even though the are fairly gains :( Not sure what else to try for a critter that only has 93 HP...~Sighs~

Ort.jpg

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried that....not good! My fully trained Cu on Origin can't even handle a Night Terror for very long....

Ortandords are still the best gains that I've found so far....still slow going though even though the are fairly gains :( Not sure what else to try for a critter that only has 93 HP...~Sighs~

View attachment 67259
It's weird, when I do Ortanords I only get "slightly" gains on Europa? On a 2 slot pet? Perhaps the mobs are tiered after all.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There are ogres and trolls with nice gains.
We agree with R Traveler, the Cave Trolls in Wrong don't hit hard but do give good gains on low level pets. Only trouble is dragging one to the entrance without getting several Lizardmen with you. Peacing helped with that, not sure if that is an option. But well timed invises must also do the trick. Putting a bit of work in leveling a pet is fair, no?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 67259

I mark a rune on the edge of the city and recall when pet is low on health. Heal em up and do it again. But, you cant recall. When the Cu is low on health cure it and mount it and ride to a safe place to heal it. When you do the first upgrade raise resists and HP. Then your Cu can last longer. Once you do it a ton of times you get better. I raised a Skree 2 levels in 70 minutes just on Night Terrors. Skrees are very squishy on the first leveling. You can lvl the Cu up to 4 and use the bull and Cu at a NT. The bull will last longer.

Also at navrey all the pets gain. If your wrestling is over 90 you should get 25% per navrey. Ive Maxxed a Najasaurus , 2 Cus and 2 lvls on a Lesser hiryu since you started that bull. Plus did a lot of goofing around.

Good Luck

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I did that...first round of training done and almost half-way through the second.

HeathStats.png

He can tank a Night Terror for a few minutes but the longer he's on it the more damage he takes. This is my Cu on Origin...I just lure one up and do the run away/heal/run back thing but he's still not very good with those.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I did that...first round of training done and almost half-way through the second.

View attachment 67296

He can tank a Night Terror for a few minutes but the longer he's on it the more damage he takes. This is my Cu on Origin...I just lure one up and do the run away/heal/run back thing but he's still not very good with those.
How did you manage to add all that to your pet in One level of advancement?
I thought adding scrolls were like 500 points each? plus the resists, plus the stats, plus the regens??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scrolls are different costs, depending on the skill
This is covered in the page: Animal Training – Ultima Online
Increased Skill Caps
  • Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy,
    Spellweaving, Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Discordance, Poisoning 0.5x
    (110 magery will use 50 training points, 115 – 75 points, 120 – 100 points)
  • Evaluate Intelligence, Spirit Speak 1.0x
  • Focus, Meditation or Resist Spells 0.1x
  • Wrestling or Tactics 1.0x
  • Anatomy, Healing or Parry 0.1x

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did you manage to add all that to your pet in One level of advancement?
I thought adding scrolls were like 500 points each? plus the resists, plus the stats, plus the regens??

That's a Cu Sidhe. She only put <150 HP and Str. Those are the expensive things to add. Only a couple of scrolls cost 200 points. Most are 20.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a Cu Sidhe. She only put <150 HP and Str. Those are the expensive things to add. Only a couple of scrolls cost 200 points. Most are 20.
Ahh, I've not even added a scroll yet, waiting for the next round of nerfs before I waste massively expensive scrolls :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 67296

You didn't need the stamina regen. Only fighting 1 dino causes stamina loss. You will need mana regen. Also put on a 120 meditation scroll and a 120 focus if you have them. Wrestling scroll would be nice to add.

Generic Starter Template For Cu like pets.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I don't want a cookie-cutter Cu.....HA lol that sounds funny...

I am training another one that I might just do that with..but Heath is my baby....he was given to me by his namesake (Shaddy,Cherry Keats if anyone remembers those names) so I don't want him to be like every other Cu out there.....once he's at 100% again I am going to Test to mess around with a few things....not sure WHAT yet! But he's gonna be different lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's why I put this at the bottom.

"The rest is what you decide to do with your pet.

If you are making a keeper, add as many power scrolls as you can."

I have 11 different Cus.

You cant put Magery on it. All your points would be gone and you wouldn't be able to increase base damage.

You already have a different Cu. Yours has a legitimate fear of fire. Was he singed as a pup?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As a rule..Heath has an inherent fear of fire.....he sees a dragon, tucks his tail between his legs and runs yelping in the other direction!

No for real though I couldn't raise his fire resist...I tried! It was at max...NO clue why it was at max...but it was.....it wouldn't let me put ANY points into it..was hoping it would during it's last round of training.....but I don't have high hopes...told you he was special ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a rule..Heath has an inherent fear of fire.....he sees a dragon, tucks his tail between his legs and runs yelping in the other direction!

No for real though I couldn't raise his fire resist...I tried! It was at max...NO clue why it was at max...but it was.....it wouldn't let me put ANY points into it..was hoping it would during it's last round of training.....but I don't have high hopes...told you he was special ;)
You put the resist points in Poison. There is a resist cap. 80,80,80,80,45 Add those numbers and that's how many resist points a pet can have in its resist menu.

He is smart to run from Dragons.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No no no I tried to raise fire first...it wouldn't let me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No no no I tried to raise fire first...it wouldn't let me.
Maybe you were fresh from fighting and didn't notice the message at the bottom, and then you raised the others. Otherwise that shouldn't happen. He is unique.