• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reports of Posting Issues on Stratics Forums

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hi, folks. We've received a few reports since Monday that users are having trouble posting messages or starting conversations on Stratics Forums. In one case, clearing the cache and restarting the browser fixed the issue, but not in all cases. In another case, changing themes helped.

We'll keep investigating the issue. If this happens to you, please give us all the info you can, including browser type and which theme you're using. Obviously, most folks remain unaffected, so we need lots of into to figure out the pattern. If you can't post this feedback, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forums.

Marc Ettin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
checking as per request
Hi, folks. We've received a few reports since Monday that users are having trouble posting messages or starting conversations on Stratics Forums. In one case, clearing the cache and restarting the browser fixed the issue, but not in all cases. In another case, changing themes helped.

We'll keep investigating the issue. If this happens to you, please give us all the info you can, including browser type and which theme you're using. Obviously, most folks remain unaffected, so we need lots of into to figure out the pattern. If you can't post this feedback, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forums.
works ok

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
One user was able to fix the problem by downloading the newest version of Firefox/Chrome.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Reposting in case it helps anyone:
This may not fix anyone's problem, but it did fix mine and I had the same exact issues as Freja and Driven.

At the top right in IE I clicked tools, and then internet options (all the way at bottom of list). On the next menu box towards the middle I clicked delete. This brought up yet another menu box. On this box I left everything checked BUT the top one (Preserve favorite website data). This one I UNchecked. I clicked delete at the bottom, let it run, rebooted my comp, opened IE, came back to uhall and hit refresh page and mine has worked ever since.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Theme = Use Default Animate

IE 8
My computer won't let me download IE8 (not compatible with Windows 7). Can anyone with this issue confirm they're using IE 8 instead of IE 9?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Flexile Dark - Green thema did the trick for me. I don't like it, love uo classic thema.
At least I can post now, also from my work, where I can't install Firefox.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Flexile Dark - Green thema did the trick for me. I don't like it, love uo classic thema.
I'm sorry. This is so frustrating! Are you able to install IE9 at work, or are you stuck with an older version?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm am able to install IE9 it but not allowed to do it :p
I'm sure my Boss won't want to hear my reason for want to install IE9 :p
I hope it can help others :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm am able to install IE9 it but not allowed to do it :p
I'm sure my Boss won't want to hear my reason for want to install IE9 :p
I hope it can help others :)
Yeah, my office won't let me install past IE6. I'll keep looking for solutions, meanwhile...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Are any affected users using ad blockers?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not using add blocker

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As you see, it's the whole box to add a new message, that is missing.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Still researching.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah changing to Flexile Dark allows me to post again. But man is it ugly and now the page no longer fits my 22' screen (There's a left/right scroll bar at the bottom that I didn't have before)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
When one of you are seeing the issue, will you right click and view page source and send it to me in an e-mail? [email protected]

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Flexile Dark Green seems to have just worked for me, but it's (no offense) ugly.

Thank you FrejaSP!
No offense taken. I agree.

I dunno of the Class theme works, but you can actually choose your own color scheme, background pattern, and font.

Still looking for solutions. Have folks at three external forums trying to brainstorm with me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Send you a mail, I took the view page source from Post New Thread as I have same problem there.

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
changing the colors helped me but these colors are not eye pleasing .. bleh! hope it getts fixed soon!!!! so i can change it back

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea changing the color made the screen longer so now u have to scroll from left to right to see everything and the like and unlike work weird for me now .. i cant even find the original setting this is sad sad .. the normal setting works on my ipod .. so im not sure if that helps you any .. but this sccrollin stuff is a pain the colors i can deal with

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Finally got IE8 installed. Using it now, but all the themes are working for me. This is crazy and frustrating. Still researching...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've replicated it! But I'm not sure what to do next.

At stratics.com/community, in IE8, using these details:

Username: testing123
Password: testing123

I can't see the quick reply box in certain themes. This is only in IE8. In Firefox 12, everything is working fine.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My various support sites haven't produced answers. Submitted formal ticket to XenForo yesterday.

Mudbight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay got it to work.tried everything suggested without anything working. using Vista and not sure explorer version.. Had to say heck with explorer and downloaded google chrome browser. like this one way better anyways..hehe