• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Vesper Drow Mine Penetrated (Wednesday 9th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nathan Hawke arrived to a handful of players along with the Vesperian Army in their finest uniform, Or at least what could be gathered together from the floor of the Swaggers Tavern.

The Chancellor of Vesper, Van Cocidius passed words with Nathan Hawke before outlining the plan. Nathan wanted to find out how to enter the Drow hole near Vesper, Van seemed rather turned on by the idea. At this point talk got rather 'technical' with unknowns, knowns and general kerfuffles.

Finally Van Cocidius agreed to help Nathan Hawke search out the drow hole, A gate was opened and everyone stepped inside.

Inside a cavern a short distance from Vesper Drow started appearing from their hole, A short while after dragons quickly followed.

Once the spawn had been killed we gathered outside and Nathan Hawke asked if anyone had found a clue. Aron handed forward a book with the letter 'V' written on it.

Back inside the Cavern a few more Drow appeared from the hole and were quickly killed.

Back outside someone had looted the entire password from one of the dragons, The password being 'Versnui'.

Down the hole were groups of Dragons and Drow which quickly slaughtered myself, and about everyone else.

When I was rezzed the battle continued very slowly through the winding tunnels of this rather large Drow Mine!

Finally at the end Nathan Hawke suggested we meet up tomorrow at 8pm (Thursday 10th 8pm UK Time) to continue the investigation.

On the way home, Due to a minor malfunction with a rune book, We ended up somewhere rather nasty.

--------------------​

If I missed anything out please do add it below, I died quite a lot this evening as I was on my role player and he isn't as... advanced and may have missed a few things. :D

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally EC client looks like old 2D

:lol: j/k
I was going to blame my lack of survival on the 2d client, But I didn't want to start an argument. :D

Joke too, Really was just the character, But the EC client does rock... *shifty eyes*

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame you couldn't get more shots of the general carnage in the first section of the mine :D Lots of fun. Thanks for the report :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First event i have attended using the EC without it crashing and locking up every 2mins.

The general carnage was awesome, i must have died like 30 times, god bless GM Armour and 7 sec heals!

Viva -V-

Oh and thanks for the report Mapper

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame you couldn't get more shots of the general carnage in the first section of the mine :D Lots of fun. Thanks for the report :)
I died instantly when we first entered the hole, So stood about the cavern above waiting for the all clear to go in and get my corpse... The all clear took a while to come LOL.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I died about 25 times that evening I think; as the only tamer there, the anti-tamer code kept kicking in, so anything flagged to my dragon (if you saw a normal dragon corpse, it was mine again, fact fans!) would change targets to me when I rezzed... I'd die, be resurrected, and then a revenant would suddenly spawn on me and I'd die again... or I'd resurrect, and then something would come charging across from 2 screens away just for little old me, whilst I desperately ran laps around other players hoping they'd take agro long enough to get a self heal off, but then I'd dirt nap again!

It was fun, but by gum did I lose ALOT of money on that one! :p